“Best Italian food in Patong not anymore”

Roma Ristorante & Pizzeria Da Mauro
Ranked #55 of 550 Restaurants in Patong
Cuisines: Italian, International
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Roma restaurant and pizzeria Da Mauro , is the oldest real Italian restaurant from 1985 , with owner italian chef Mauro , since the first day and till today. From beginning of october 2013 we open a new restaurant and pizzeria oven wood fire at the Banana Walk Mall,on Patong beach front,with sea view big terrace.See u there soon ,ciao Mauro.
Australia
“Best Italian food in Patong not anymore”
Reviewed October 17, 2013

Eaten here many times over the years always excellent until this time .He has started a new resturent on the beach and left this one with a manager. Seems that she wants to charge MAINS PRICES FOR entrees and not tell the boss (nice gig if you can)
Also the quality has gone down as has the hygene .
Will give it a miss next trip and would advise people to do the same .

Visited October 2013
mauropar, Owner at Roma Ristorante & Pizzeria Da Mauro, responded to this review, October 18, 2013
Sir , read certain things, by a customer who claims to know me well for years, leaves me speechless. Who knows me well for years does not write certain things on websites. First of all I have no manager in the restaurant, and I am every day in. I can not accept people who advise avoiding a restaurant with a causal so weak and not very credible. just a couple of days arrived at 7 pm for commitments with the new restaurant, but all the basics of food, sauces, pizza dough, cakes, etc. .. I do every day. The quality is the same as always surely , our restaurant is very clean. I do not see real reasons to accept your statement, you've probably had a bad day and bad mood that night. However I am in the restaurant every day, I'm waiting for an explanation from you, and I'll give to you, if there are any real reasons.
regards

Perth, Western Australia, Australia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Absolutley Amazing”
Reviewed October 15, 2013

i really recommend you go to this restaurant!! BEST bruscetta i have ever had! and the staff were so kind and helpful and friendly. i love the big bowl of parmesan that is placed on the table when mains come out!
it was very good priced as well very cheap! i was in phuket for about 10 days and i think i went there about 7 times! i love it and i deffs will be back

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank TaylaKayy
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Very nice ”
Reviewed October 10, 2013 via mobile

An excellent experience, strongly advise to try.
An experience worth trying. One of the best restaurants in Phuket with an Italian chef. The best lasagna that I have ever had

1 Thank Yousif87
Shanghai, China
“Perfect service at the door by the Italian owner/manager”
Reviewed October 8, 2013

I love the Italian guy outside... so friendly and nice and welcoming... not sure if he is the owner or the manager but he makes your day when you walk in. Pizza is pretty good as well... Thai staff could use more training in customer service, but that's always a tough one. Nice place for a quick bite to eat.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank blandmc
Melbourne, Australia
“Roma's in Phuket”
Reviewed October 7, 2013

Roma's Italian Restaurant was highly recommended to us by friends that had dined there before.
Owner and Chef Mauro was so lovely and welcoming, so too were all his staff. The food was wonderful, atmosphere great and huge bonus was value for money. We dined here on three occasions as were so impressed. We chose Roma's for our last dinner in Phuket with 38 of our friends also holidaying.we booked out the entire lower level Lol It was my daughters birthday as well as one of our friends. I organised a birthday cake through the restaurant and they gave the birthday girls a complimentary bunch of flowers which was lovely. Cannot speak highly enough of Roma's and Mauro's generosity.

• Visited September 2013