“Mozzarella in Asia”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: A typical and authentic southern Italian food
Reviewed February 14, 2016

Is difficul to find Mozzarella out of Campania (Italy) but this restaurant is also Cheese Factory so all the ingredients are like in Italy. They are specialized in all Italian Dishes but Pasta and Pizza are the best. Who wants to eat really Italian from South of Italy has to go in this pearl of Patong.

Reviewed December 1, 2015

For a real deal authentic wood fired pizza this is the place! I am a big pizza fan and wood fired Neapolitan style is my favorite. This place does it best, not just in Patong but anywhere Ive eaten this type of pie. The dough is perfectly charred and chewy with the crispy exterior. Sauce is slightly sweet with a freshness that is unmistakable. And of course the fresh mozzarella. Now many people like lots of toppings. Here I find the meats a bit too strong and smokey and I am a purist when it comes to pizza so margherita is my only choice and here is where they do an absolute amazing pizza and for under $10. Crazy good. If your in Patong make a trip here for the pizza or calzone and you will not be disappointed. They are on the end of a side street and a bit tricky to find but they have a small pizza only place on Nanai.(main road). I think they call it Da Moreno. Same owners, same amazing pizza but limited seating. i go here when Im solo or for take out. This pizza really is special.

1  Thank Thomas K
Reviewed November 12, 2015 via mobile

Fantastic Italian food and delicious cheese they produce coupled with very polite and friendly service. Pizzas made in wood fired oven. Quit setting. Small Shop with assortment of their cheeses,

Reviewed October 28, 2015

We had Pasta with industrial Sauce and overcooked - very bad bread - the best was the beer - but they had not even "coldholders" - While we were eating the boss and a friend smoked a stinky cheap cigar at the next tabel !!!! To studiously avoid !!!

1  Thank champagnelover2015
Reviewed August 31, 2015

I very bad experience.
I had the idea to take my friends to this place totally new for me, the review about la Capannina were great. but the true for my side was completely different.
The pizza ordered was without ingredients wrote in the menu, my friend like the other pizza but the test was not as the exceptions. And we wait 30min to eat,,
The bad thing was that 4 Ladies wait more than 45 minutes the Pasta they ordered, we finish to eat the pizza and they were still waiting, then we call the Waiter and he told us, that he can not do the pasta anymore because they had some problem in the kitchen, so if we were not interested to ask them we were still waiting for the pasta. I take all my friends in another restaurant to let them eat.

Been to La Capannina da Mario? Share your experiences!