“A Pin in a Haystack, A Diamond in the Rough.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of RK Fashions and Tailors

RK Fashions and Tailors
Ranked #3 of 68 Shopping in Patong
More attraction details
Owner description: RK FASHIONS and Tailors was founded in 1994..We design and create clothes to your requirement. Quality and customer satisfaction is our main priority.Our only shop now is centrally located in Patong beach to provide more efficient and personal care to our clients, We understand and speak 6 languages. Should you find it difficult to reach us call for free pick up service anywhere in Phuket area.We will look forward to see you here at our newly renovated place and give us a chance to prove our word.
Sydney, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“A Pin in a Haystack, A Diamond in the Rough.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 8, 2013

I found this store through reading about different suit makers in thailand before my travels. Judging by the numerous cheap shops ive seen around patong, this store stood out from them all. There were no annoying merchants trying to usher us in, no one pressuring us to have a look. We walked in by choice and were welcomed by very friendly people, straight away i had decided this place is worth looking into.
The same day we organised a fitting, paid our deposits, and have been grinning ever since.

I had a particularly picky order, very particular trims, shirts with special details, etc.
RK fashions patiently listened to all of them, worked with me, gave me reccomendations, and were more than happy to adjust to new requirements day by day.

I ordered an extra shirt in a hurry 2 days before leaving, RK fashions went out of their way to have it urgently tailored and hand delivered to my hotel in the morning before i left!

The suit i ordered is of great quality, the worksmanship and attention to detail is VERY evident. It is very comfortable, non shrinking, looks great, and is exactly as i imagined it when i described it to the store at my fitting.

This place is definitely worth a look, it is hands down the best tailor in patong, by a longshot.

Thankyou very much RK!

5 Thank betajosh711
Raj R, Owner at RK Fashions and Tailors, responded to this review, February 8, 2013

• Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
Mornington, Australia
42 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 69 helpful votes
“Totally Satisfied”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 7, 2013

Previous trip advisor reviews directed me to the Tailor. It is unlike any other you will find in Patong. They don't stand outside and solicit business, nor do they pressure you once you set foot inside their shop. I emailed Raj a day before I went into the shop and I got a prompt reply and good price estimate, which I didn't need to bargain on as it was very reasonable. I even took my own material from home which he made up for me. I ended up having 2 skirts and a dress made, from measuring to pickup 4 days - but they were busy. I was TOTALLY satisfied with my garments, both fit and quality. I wish I'd had more items made and will definitely go back next time I am in Phuket. The store is well stocked with fabrics, air-conditioned and serviced by very friendly staff. They will even offer you some cold, bottled water. A must to visit.

6 Thank BrownSkid
Hi,Thank you for your nice review and we hope to see you back here someday soon or maybe in Australia.
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Excellent value and service. Really listen to your requirements Highly recommend.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 6, 2013 via mobile

Great experience. Trustworthy and competent. Definately use again. Husband wa also very happy. We have recommended many to this site.

4 Thank Sharynn123
Bangkok, Thailand
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Excellent Workmanship”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 6, 2013

this is my return trip to Phuket. this time we were attending a wedding of my wife's cousin. Last time we had a great experience with Raj and Reena, so we decided to tailor all our wedding suits and dresses here. We arrived a few days early, and called Raj up. He picked us up,( we were staying at the Marriott, where the wedding was to take place). Absolutely professional, friendly, and perfectly understood our needs. We were very happy with the suits and the dresses, (they were stunning!!!), These guys are the best. we will be returning again later this year, and will visit them again.
keep up the great job Raj and Reena

Visited February 2013
4 Thank oilmerchant
oslo
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“ABSOLUTELY THE BEST!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 5, 2013

We came to Phuket to attend a wedding of our very good friend. Our friends who were staying with us in the Twin Palm hotel recommended us to RK FASHIONS. As we needed clothes for the wedding we decided to go with our friends who had already made an appointment with them before they came from Norway. She was getting her wedding dress done with RK fashions. I was a bit curious as she had only a weeks time till she needed the dress. Her boyfriend was planning to get a lined outfit. They picked us up from the hotel. We looked at different models and materials etc... I decided to make a suit and my girlfriend got a costume and few dresses made. Our friends got their wedding outfit ordered. During the week we were there to do out fittings, I was really amazed at the work they produced in such a short time and had to say that the wedding dress looked really good. My girlfriend too was really pleased with her dress fittings and costume. The final outcome was just PERFECT. The wedding dress was really nice and the linen outfit of my friend was really nice. They both looked great!!!!

We were very satisfied with our clothes and can prove our friends in Norway wrong, as they had told us the tailors in Phuket are not so good. I am looking forward to showing them our clothes, and the best thing is they also visit Norway in May, incase we have friends or family who would like to make some clothes too...isnt that great!!!!

Thankyou so much RK fashions team....we are so happy

5 Thank mathew u
Raj R, Owner at RK Fashions and Tailors, responded to this review, February 10, 2013
Hi,Thank you for your nice review and we do hope to see you back here in Phuket again soon..
Regards,