My wife and I spent three nights in the Lantern Resort hotel in Phuket, Thailand from22 January till 25 January, over the Chinese New Year peak period.
The hotel is situated right in the middle of the tourist strip. There are many restaurants and shops around the hotel. Some are open 24/7.
There are characters of every description and many Europeans. There were groups of Russians and mainland Chinese in the hotel. They came in tour groups. Some establishments display their services in Russian.
The staff do not understand English very well. I had to write down our request for more toilet paper and facial tissue before we got them. They just did not understand our verbal request on the first occasion. The written request was immediately dealt with.
Communication might be a problem in Thailand if you speak English. Some of the service personnel in the shops and money exchangers turn absolutely surly when spoken to in English! The attendant at each of 2 CIMB Thai foreign currency kiosks in the Jungceylon complex, very popular with tourists stand out in rudeness. I came with the impression that Thailand was a land of smiles. It turns out that Thailand has become a 'land of snarls".
The Lantern Resort is about 15 minutes from the beach. There are other hotels nearer to the beach.
The beach is good and clean with deck-chairs for hire at THB200 for the whole day. We stayed only 3 hours before got too hot.
We had the best seafood we had eaten at a restaurant called 'Mr. Good Seafood Restaurant'. It was crowded but a sweet little waitress made sure we were seated within 10 minutes and took our orders correctly. She deserved the tip my wife gave her.
For lunch, we had pan-fried seabass at a restaurant called Urban Food in the Jungceylon complex. It was delicious and cooked just right. Salad was unlimited.
By the way, tips are expected everywhere.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Lantern Resort Patong is 4 STAR with 3 swimming pools. We have variety of roomtypes ranging from studio pent ( superior) , Deluxe view pent, Honeymoon pool access pent, to Luxury Pent. Our hotel has three swimming pools. Two swimming pools are on ground floor and one swimming pools is privately on Top floor with seaview. Our La Lantern Restaurant serve international Buffet and all day dining a-la-carte and room service. While staying with us, many guests enjoy spa mnu at Glow spa. We are famous in Thai massage and massage for beauty. Our location is another outstanding point as we located in the heart of Patong which you can easily access to Patong beach, shopping mall, Banzan day market, and famous Bangla Night walking street in lss than 5 minutes walk. Whether you come for business or leisure, welcome you as our special guests. Enjoy with th Lantern Resort Patong. Sawasdee Kaa (sawasde= Thai greeting) ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, getaroom.com, Priceline, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your The Lantern Resorts Patong reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Lantern Resorts Patong Hotel Patong
- The Lantern Resorts Patong Phuket