“Some pros, some cons”

Ranked #92 of 322 Hotels in Patong
Huntington Beach, California
“Some pros, some cons”
Reviewed August 12, 2013

I have very mixed feelings about this hotel. I saw the positive reviews on Trip Advisor and I was excited to arrive, but in many ways the hotel fell short of my expectations.

Pros:
*Location-PRIME location, literally inside of an awesome shopping mall with tons of restaurants, shops, spas, etc right outside your door. Also walking distance to Bangla Road and Patong Beach
*Rooms-Very Clean, updated, modern, boutique feel.
*Hotel provides a "beach bag" with two beach towels, and umbrellas in case it rains
*Hotel provides two complimentary water bottles daily with the house cleaning service
*Lots of Western style restaurants literally feet outside your door (I'm a picky eater and found myself having a hard time finding food I enjoyed in Thailand, this hotel was AWESOME as far as dining choices, right outside your door there is a Subway, KFC, MCDonalds, Dunkin Donuts, Dairy Queen, Pizza Hut, as well as at least 10 sit down restaurants with burgers, pizza, sandwhiches, steaks, etc.

Cons:
*Air conditioner only runs in your room with the "room key" to activate it, and they intentionally only give you one room key. So every day after a long day, you come back to a very hot and muggy room, with no A/C. It takes the room at least 15 to 20 minutes to cool off. Also, the fact that they will only give you one room key is a huge inconvenience. My bf and I like to split up and do our own things from time to time, we also don't have cell phones in Thailand because we don't have international data plans, so it was hard to coordinate who gets the key, based on who will be back first. I asked the hotel front desk for a 2nd key and they said no. A couple times one of us was stuck waiting in the hall way for the other person.
*We had to give a 1000 baht cash deposit to the front desk, even though they had my credit card on file. We stayed at several hotels through out Thailand and no one else requested this from us. We had to go find an ATM and incur fees just to check into the hotel with this deposit. We did get it back when we checked out, but it was odd and an inconvenience to us.
*The phones in the room are "shut off" and you have to go to the front desk to use the phone. Again, this was a HUGE inconvenience because the hotel front desk's English isn't great, and plus you are making all of your phone calls in the public lobby for everyone to hear. We wanted to book last minute excursions and my boyfriend was having suits made at a tailor, so every time we needed to call, we had to go into the lobby.
*The hotel doesn't provide conditioner, its a "shampoo and conditioner in one" For all you ladies with long hair, you know that after a day in the ocean, shampoo and conditioner in one doesn't cut it, I had to go buy my own conditioner.
*The bathroom shower has a modern design but it flooded out our entire bathroom floor every time we used it, and they don't give you a plethora of towels so we were sharing a bathroom towel because the other one was on the floor moping up the mess
*The beds are ROCK HARD. For everyone who likes a firm mattress, this is your place. I have never laid on a harder bed in my life.
*There is no pool, spa, gym, or any other common areas, its literally just your room, with no added amenities.
*People walk around right outside the hotel front doors after 7 or 8pm and advertise lude shows (I know the hotel can't control this), but I wouldn't advise staying here if you had children in your group.

We stayed at this hotel for 9 days the first week of August 2013. We did day excursions almost every day and we made friends with people at other hotels. Once we could see in person what else is out there, and hear what other people paid, its seems that there are hotels that offer more and and you can pay less.

The Pimnara wasn't horrible by any means, and the location is great, but I probably wouldn't stay there again. I would say this hotel is great for couples or friends looking to enjoy the night life scene. This would not be a place for families or people looking to get pampered and relax.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank 566jennifers

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Melbourne
Reviewed August 4, 2013

I thought this hotel was really lovely and the location is exceptional. They have worked hard to give the hotel character with the wall art, and they achieved a lovely balance with the quirkiness. The breakfast was nice, however if you want any variation at all (e.g. no ham with the eggs or toast served at the same time as your eggs) don't expect to be understood.

There are a few opportunities for improvement.
- The curtains facing the mall didn't close properly, so at night the patrons in the restaurants can see you. I managed to seal them shut my putting the rubbish bin against them.
- Beds are very hard
- Corridors are very hot
- There is no 'hang out area', e.g. a pool, or bar, or anywhere to lounge about except your room. It is a sleep & shop kind of hotel.

English levels of the staff are pretty poor. I wanted to use the reception phone to call Room 3 (where my friend was staying) and I could not get the lady to understand what I wanted to do so I gave up. Oh well, my Thai is worse.

For short stay, this place is great. Not the right place for a longer term stay (e.g. a week or more).

Room Tip: If you get a room facing the mall, bring some clips to fasten the curtains together at night.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank jenlong10
Ko Samui, Thailand
Reviewed July 13, 2013

This is a clean, simple hotel right in the middle of Patong, close to all the night life and shopping areas. The staff was friendly, the breakfast was good and the room was clean. I was allowed to park my care close to the reception, which was very convenient. The sound insulation of the rooms is not great. We heard the restaurants and night life a bit but all in all our stay was a very good experience with good value for money.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Lung_Mike
Coimbatore, India
Reviewed July 13, 2013

I got a complimentary upgrade - never knew why :) The room was very good with a yellow theme. If I look out the window, it is the Jungceylon shopping junction - yes the hotel is inside the shopping complex. As soon as you step out, you have everything nearby - restaurants, bangla road, christins and what not. If you are looking to stay in a good and vibrant place but yet calm inside, Pimnara is a good choice.

The rooms ambience is good for couples.. The room was very spacious too. The breakfast is not within the hotel but with the restaurant outside. I was ten minutes late and they denied breakfast. This is one drawback!

Room Tip: No pool or in house restaurant.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Praz666
Ankara, Turkey
Reviewed July 9, 2013

1- location: one of the best moments during my honeymoon were here in this hotel. i think the hotel has one of the best location ever in phuket.
just in the center of patong beach, the hotel is so close to bangla road (2 min. by walk) and the beach (5 min by walk) and very nice restaurants and shops.
the hotel is in the jungceylon shopping mall.
2-room: good but not much compared to the location. would be better.
3-breakfats: there is not a restaurand inside the hotel, you take breakfast in dvine restaurant, just across the hotel. menu is same for breakfast and there are only 3-4 options to have.

Room Tip: try to find a bath-tub room.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank keremakgul
Chester, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 19, 2013

Location is excellent very safe around here for a late night and a lot going on. We were happy to receive a free upgrade upon arrival and our room was beautiful I loved the concept of the hotel it was fantastic. Our room was facing the main restaurants but we couldn't hear a thing. As some people have mentioned there was an issue with our TV but we weren't in the room enough to have a problem with this. Staff were helpful and friendly I would love to stay here again. There is a lot to do within walking distance of this hotel.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Ar0undTheW0rld_23
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 20, 2013

Sorry I posted so late. I feel so guilty, better late than never. I stay in June 2012 with my wife, we had a great time. All receptionists were amazingly helpful, in giving directions, locating food places to eat based on what I wanted to eat. Our room was clean and modern. Loved the boutique feel gave it a lot of character. You will not be disappointed.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple