Pimnara Boutique Hotel
Acca Patong(Patong)
  • Restaurant
  • Room Service
  • Restaurant
All reviewsshopping mallgreat locationbangla roadhelping attitudetravel websitesroom decor isopen reception areapatong beachyour doorstepbit noisy at nightbreakfast is servedcheck in processwalking distancefront office managerstayed for nightscentral locationnice bathroom
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 6, 2012

I was expecting a good location hotel and nice room to stay. Pimnara could deliver both but the view from the room. The location is right at the Junceylon Shopping Center at Patong beach. The room is on upper floor from the shop house. Therefore the room would be only on the second floor which is too low in my opinion for the boutique decoration. I do stay at the room facing the street and the bathtub is right at the window. Well, if the view is nice hill or the garden I would consider using the tub. But I don't want to taking bath as a show for the people on the street. Yes, they have the curtain but why would I do that?

For me and friend, only the view that drop the rating of the hotel. The staffs are very friendly and taking good care of us. The room is nice decorated. It's boutique hotel, in which every room are decorated in difference style.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Parinya S
Reviewed May 19, 2012

I stayed here for two nights at Oct, 2011. Excellent location within Jungceylon, small but clean room. The room is not insulated against noise, I can hear the voice from my neighbors and noise from Jungceylon clearly. Actually the hotel is under construction at that time and lack of many amenities. Will I choose it again next time? No, I would like try some other quieter resorts.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 3, 2012 via mobile

Over a period of a year and a half I've visited this hotel 3 times.We kept returning due to great Internet discounts and the hotels location.
I've previously held back writing a review due to the fact that it was brand new,and you'll always have teething problems.

The great thing about this hotel is it's originality and location. Each room is individual and brilliantly designed. The location is smack in the middle of the junceylon mall, and still a quiet nights sleep is gained.

However, the great location does sacrifice alot of facilities you'd expect to get for the price you have to pay. No pool etc. The Internet here is very unreliable and the tv channels are limited to Chinese and Russian.

These might seem a little petty, but this is a hotel marketing itself as extreme high end quality with a price to match.
Finally the breakfast was the last straw.The Menu looked great, but asking the waiter where the hollandaise sauce was on the eggs hollandaise, and the fact that all our meals were stone cold just left me very frustrated. The restaurant staff looking at me as if i was raving mad didnt help either.The language barrier is awfully high at this hotel and restaurant,apart from the two girls. Although very polite, do seem powerless to do anything.
So after my third visit, will I return?
No. Thats enough for me.

• Stayed: May 2012
3  Thank Goose492921
Reviewed April 16, 2012

We stayed 3 nights at Pimnara and loved the convenience of the Jungceylon shopping centre, a stone's throw away. The hotel room was large and very clean and the decor was pretty and unique. The bathroom was huge and the shower was great with a strong pressure. My only gripe was the dim bathroom light, no bedside table and lamp so it was hard to do night time reading, and the beds were hard. Free bottled water, tea and coffee making facilities, 2 beach towels provided in a cloth bag. Free use of ipads in the lobby was fantastic, and when you step out of the hotel you are in the restaurant and cafe stretch of the shopping centre. Breakfast was at the Dwine restaurant just across from the lobby and you have a choice of 4 breakfasts - vegetarian omelette (really good, our favourite), ham and poached eggs, bacon, sausage and eggs (I think), and one other option (can't recall), each served with juice, toast, fresh fruit and coffee/tea. Just across from the shopping centre there are street stalls selling a variety of dresses, bags, t-shirts etc, and adjacent to this row of shops there is the very colourful and interesting Banzaan fresh market and Hemingway restaurant. Here we had one of the best seafood meals we've ever had. We bought 3 huge tiger prawns, 2 crabs and a white snapper, all really fresh, from the Banzaan market for 1000 baht (around A$31), took it to Hemingways and they prepared three dishes for us, in your choice of Western or Asian style. Together with tasty fried rice, stir fried morning glory and 4 drinks, the bill came to a mere A$45. The total for the whole meal was $76! Absolute value for money and a really really good seafood dinner. At night the whole area comes alive with street hawkers selling all sorts of food. Jungceylon shopping itself is great with good and reasonably priced massages and a coupon food court in the basement level which is very popular with tourists after a cheap but tasty meal. All-in-all, Pimnara is a great place to stay and shop in Patong.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 15, 2012

Great place in the centre of patong with everything available outside the door of the hotel

Room Tip: gt a room on the back road
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo