“Outstanding service, nice ambience, love it there! :)”

Ocean View Phuket Hotel
Ranked #26 of 413 Patong B&B and Inns
Reviewed January 21, 2013

Though the hotel was small and location is a little hard to find, the service and ambience of the hotel makes up for everything else.
I was here with a group of friends for a 4D3N stay and we definitely enjoyed our stay there. The service provided by the owners were very good. The rooms we got were clean and nice. Every morning the room will be neat and tidy without fail. I guess what really made a lasting impression on me and my friends was definitely the kind of hospitality showed towards the guests by the staff. The staff and owners were very sincere in providing you with all kinds of help.
My friends and i rented scooters from them too. Even though one of my friends crashed one of their bikes, they were very nice and did not over charge us for the repair works!
The hotel is run by a french gentlemen and his wife. They treat you like family and do their best to provide the best for you!
Even though the location of the hotel may not be very good (one would have to scale a steep slope to get to the hotel), its not too far away from the beach and also from the night scene of patong. At the foot of the slope, across the street is a 7/11 convenience store, which makes life a lot more convenient for us too.
All in all, we love it and will definitely come back to this hotel the next time we are in phuket again!:)

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank songheng

Reviewed January 3, 2013

The Salient points of this hotel:

Location
--------
* Less than 10 mins bike ride to Patong beach & 15 mins to Karon Beach.
* No noise of the Patong Beach. Quite.
* Right opposite to a 7-Eleven.

Room
----
* Andaman view from the balcony is very refreshing. A nice sit out in the balcony.
* Compact but supremely comfortable.
* Clean.

Staff
-----
* Very very friendly & always with a smile.
* Helped me reschedule my ferry booking within 3 hours prior to travel & without any hassles to me.
* Bike rental available at a better cost.
* Toni & Kat are passionate about the hotel business & it is seen in the way they treat the customers.

Room Tip: Please take a private taxi to the hotel as there is a super steep climb and the mini-van DOES NOT go...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank meetrp
Reviewed December 31, 2012

Stayed here for 6 nights with my partner in December 2012. First impressions were good. The hotel is owned by a French man and his Thai wife. They are very friendly and welcomed us in a very happy & friendly manner.

The hotel is (as other reviews mention) up a very steep hill. Do not underestimate the reviews. Me and my partner are in our 20's and quite fit and we found it a struggle especially if carrying things on a very hot day, also walking down it (specially when wet) seemed dangerous as its so steep and slippery. Luckily no accidents. But taxis never want to drop you up it, our taxi from airport luckily did but his car barely managed it.

The pool is very small with 3 sunbeds around it, its more jacuzzi sized....we did not ever sit there because its right by reception/bar area and feels a bit awkward.

Good note is it is on a main road but the steep hill means its far back so no road noise, and a fab view.

The main road is VERY busy at some times to cross, and you need to cross to go into town or to the beach.

The hotel is very basic, there were no complimentary bottles of water (like the other hotels we stayed in), no hair dryer, no tissues, no hand towels, no "do not disturb" sign. I feel these are basic features that even a cheaper hotel can provide.

I probably wouldnt stay again, i would pay more and stay in one of the bigger resorts. I also probably would stay in Kata or Karon Beach rather than Patong.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ladyuk85
Reviewed August 29, 2012

Ocean View Phuket hotel is a good place to stay in Phuket. The owner was very helpful. He does give you some nice advice in case you need any. We had booked a room for 2 though we were 3 people. He had absolutely no issue in putting up the extra bed. Did it with a smile. The whole check-in process was very smooth. and so was the the check out.

About the rooms.. the rooms are nice, clean and spacious. The beds and mattress were big and comfortable. We had stayed out till around 5:30 AM. When we returned to sleep we found the mattress very comfortable and had a good sleep which was necessary as we were travelling to Phi Phi the next day. So extremely comfortable rooms. The Balcony had place to sit down and enjoy the amazing view!

The bathrooms were quite big compared to most of the other hotels and they were kept pretty clean. Nice and Clean towels were provided. No problems whatsoever.

The only negative is that you've gotta climb a small hill to reach the hotel. So when you're arriving at the hotel make sure that your cab leaves you rite at the reception area and not down on the road. else it'll be a pain carrying all the luggage and climbing. Once you check in, you wont have a choice but make sure that you do not climb up all the way with your luggage.

All in all, a brilliant place to stay in. Might be a little pricey for a few but it is quite comfortable and worth it.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
4  Thank Sukesh C
Reviewed August 14, 2012

Ocean view Phuket hotel is a very nice hotel to stay. The very friendly owners Toni and Kat makes your stay really special. Flexible and always willing to help you out. You feel like having a second home and a very personal stay. Rooms are clean, simple but good, specious and a spectacular view over the bay of Patong. I will be coming back for sure.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Henk N
Reviewed August 12, 2012

I booked a superior room with kitchen for 5 days and I ended up staying 21 days in the great hotel. The room is very large and well equiped with safe, flat screen TV, electronic aircon. From the room, I could see the sea and the Patong Bay. The bed was very confortable and as the hotel is quiet, I could manage to sleep very well. My room was clean on my arrival and cleaned every day. My thai girlfriend cooked for me in the evenings and the kitchen is very convenient as there is a fridge, a sink, a microwave oven. The owner provided us with a set of dishes and fried pans. We enjoyed having diner on the balcony of our room. Hotel is located on a cliff by a 80 meter slop. This makes this hotel very quiet and safe. This Patong beach is only about 10 minutes walking from the hotel but I rented a motorbike to disciover the others beaches of the island. The only issue I faced was a motorbike accident but the owner of the hotel and his Thai wife helped us a lot in the administrative issues I faced. Hotel has 24h reception with a security guard at night this was convenient as I had my accident at night. I used the pool everyday and enjoyed the sea view from it. Pool is large enough to swim and to relax. Staff is great and very helpful that makes this hotel a very friendly place to stay. I will come back again.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Francois B
Reviewed June 19, 2012

we checked into ocean view phuket at around 1:30pm and checked out at 4pm the same day! we had to sign release forms saying that the hotel is not liable for theft.the owner is a french man who has married a thai lady, they seemed nice enough until we had queries about the rooms. we went to our room and the sink had no pipes connecting it to anything so if we used the sink, the water would have run all over the floor. there was steel mesch at the top of the kitchen so if it rained heavy enough our kitchen would have flooded. our air conditioner stank like mould. our room had mould on the roof. when we locked the sliding door, you could push the doors out and they would come off the rails, so you would not need a key to get into the rooms. and also the hill up to the hotel is ridiculous. also the pool is much smaller than in the photo, and the bar/recption area is also alot smaller. do not stay here, pay the same money and stay somewhere else!!! also the mattresses were so hard it hurt to even sit on them.the tiles also got very slippery when wet, and one of the guys we were travelling with slipped and twisted his ankle and there reply was that they havent had the cleaner, clean it yet. we have photos, but they would not upload. and we also still had to pay the full price of each room, even though every single room was as disgusting as i have described, i even took the owner through and explained everything to him, and he still charged us full price!!

Room Tip: avoid this hotel.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank Darcie_1988
Also consider these accommodations in or near Patong
Aspery Hotel
#4 of 65 in Kata Beach
The Frutta Boutique
The Frutta Boutique
#3 of 413 in Patong

Been to Ocean View Phuket Hotel? Share your experiences!