“Excellent service”

FunDee Boutique Hotel
Ranked #132 of 319 Hotels in Patong
“Excellent service”
Reviewed April 18, 2013

I stayed for 7 days in February 2013. Very happy with the accommodations but especially the service. Top notch. Had a slight room mixup but they more than made up for it with service. I would definitely return.

Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank Trphoto
FundeeBoutiqueHotel, Owner at FunDee Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, April 30, 2013
Thank you for your positive review and we are glad you enjoyed your stay here at FunDee Boutique Hotel. The FunDee Management and FunDee staff are pleased to know there efforts in trying to provide a good service is appreciated and would be more than happy to see you again
Elias

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (113)
  • Indonesian first
New York City, New York
Reviewed April 13, 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed for 2 nights at Fun Dee Boutique. We had such a great experience. The staff, manager and owner were extremely nice and helpful. The room is clean and tidy with a balcony also :). Everything was so good that we extended one more night to our stay. There is nothing to complain about.. THank you Fun Dee! We'll definitely come back soon.

Room Tip: The hotel offers motorbike rental, with which you can drive along the beach road, do shopping and en...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank MinhTran321
Reviewed April 12, 2013

I was compelled to write this review having read the nonsense complaints by the reviewer before me who complained about almost everything. It's a shame people can be allowed to do this nonsense to such a nicely run place. I want to make my view clear that this hotel is very clean. Yes they have a wet bathroom which is clearly show in their online photos. The bathroom is very clean, the rooms are very clean, the GM is the sweetest and friendliest GM I've ever met. The staff polite and helpful. I stayed 1 week not 1 time I ran out of toilet paper or anything. Air condition in my room is new running perfect tv running perfect doors windows all running perfect and I can't see how people travel and complain about petty things. I have nothing what so ever to complain about this hotel and I have allot of respect and empathy for them as they are budget priced and have to put up with whining and winging ungrateful and unhappy tourist who travel just to complain. I'm disgusted with the negative reviews cause let me tell you they are utterly untrue and ungrateful tourist. I love you Fundee I love your staff I love your rooms I love your location and most of all I love your price. I will come again and again and will recommend all my friends to come here and let me tell you Fundee don't let silly customers who don't have a life and just want to complain about nothing. You guys keep up what your doing and let me tell you Fundee your definitely doing the right thing as you did the right thing by me. Ohhhh yeah I saw the buy 1 get 1 free alcohol as the previous reviewer wrote. How funny that's the only good thing he gave this hotel. I stayed at Fundee and feel disgusted people can write untrue things about them. Good luck guys as I said I love you guys and I promise I will come back again

• Stayed April 2013
6 Thank Saoulosm
Reviewed April 11, 2013

A group of us stayed visited Phuket as part of a trip across many cities in Thailand, and took 5 rooms over 3 looong nights. As a collective we all had similar experiences individually, and below are some of the issues we faced while staying here:
Rooms
- The rooms were all paid for in advance, when we arrived, we were all allocated rooms. I was allocated one with a broken balcony door, which would not close. Not only was I not told of this issue before going into the room, I was also told I would not get another room till the following day. The shower room, was also filthy and not cleaned before my arrival.
It was only after having a long winded conversation with the front of house staff, I was given another room (which I was originally told was not available –loss of trust with staff already)
- Generally all rooms smelt of damp, this could be due to the fact the the shower rooms, were actually wet rooms, not illustrated or stated on their website.
- The floor was always filthy, black stains poorly maintained in and out of the rooms.
- No room cleaning after 12 pm, the staff seemed to come and knock on your door between 9-10am for a turn around, this is more than incontinent (who wakes up each day at this time on holiday??); after this there would be no one available in the hotel for any cleaning or maintenance.
- One room had a broken AC unit, that dripped water and soaked the floor – no maintenance staff were provided to fix this, throughout our whole stay. The receptionist said they would make a note and get it resolved (which it wasn’t).
Hotel / Staff
- There was no hotel maintenance staff at all when required, we were not provided with simple requirements such as toilet paper, towels when requested numerous times. In fact a particular friend of mine did not receive these items for the entire stay.
- Grossly understaffed
- Manager was very pedantic and rude! Rather than listen to our complaints and try and settle our issues, he seemed more interested in shouting us down and making a joke about our complaints. It seemed to us that now they had their money, they were not interested in making our stay comfortable. An example of this, while waiting to be checked in on arrival and out when leaving – we were being demanded to move out of the way of other customer – there were no customer for hours while this whole process was going on. Very poor customer care!!
- Lifts do not take you to the floor your room is on
- This hotel definitely has nothing boutique about it
- It is in fact a 2 star not a 3 star (as the manager explained)

In summary, I would not stay here again, and would not recommend anyone else to stay here. If not for the issues we came across, but definitely due to the poor care and attention, and way we were treated by the manager. The only good thing I can say about the place, is that they do a buy one get one free drink all day, every day. – However I would eat across the road, food there is a lot better.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
8 Thank K3ts
Dear Sir, are you sure you stayed at the correct Hotel as your descriptions do not exist here at FunDee Boutique Hotel. We ensure the highest tandard of cleanliness for a 3 star Hotel in Patong & that's why over 98% of our guests are extremely happy staying here & may I add we have a very high rate of guests returning over and over. Our staff and management team always strive for a great customer service & customer satisfaction. So I wonder did you really stay at FunDee Boutique Hotel or another Hotel as your entire review does not fit with what actually happens at FunDee Boutique Hotel
Good Luck with your Travels
Chicago
Reviewed April 7, 2013

Check in is at 2 but we were allowed to check in earlier which was a blessing because we had a tour in the next 30 minutes upon our arrival and needed to shower. The location was perfect to the night life and markets (bangla road- about a 7 minute walk) and all our activities. Breakfast was also amazing! The staff was great and even booked our tickets to Phuket Fantsea and we had the BEST seats!!! (row Q and the elephants walk behind you) Thank you Fundee! The price is also great, not expensive at all but def worth staying at for service, location and price! We will be back!

- 3 cool Chicago girls :)

• Stayed March 2013
5 Thank amcglory
Reviewed April 4, 2013

My fiancé stayed here several nights and I can't speak so highly of the staff, the room, the facilities the breakfast the location and cleanliness. For what we paid we received allot more than what we expected. Staff so friendly helpful and full of knowledge on tours and places and things to see and do. Our room was clean, fresh daily, I had a beautiful American breakfast daily and we booked a room with breakfast and the wonderful thing is the breakfast is open until 11 not like other hotels at 10 or 930 so gave us a little more time to sleep. Hotel is not beach front but we did not expect to pay beach front crazy rip off prices. Well recommended place to come and spend a week or so great value

Room Tip: Hire a motor bike can see the island
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Irrawan
Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 3, 2013

This hotel is just far enough away from Bangla road but is still noisey.
This isnt so much a negative as when you stay in Patong you expect the noise to be higher than usual.
However, the doors in the hotel are rpetty thin so you can hear everything from the ping of the lifts to the walking up the stairs from other people.
The room itself was good enough for what we paid. Only downsdode to the room was the bathroom. The walls are so thin that unless you get on really well with who you are staying with reckon it would be slightly awkward. But if you're comfortable witht hem it'll be grand.
the restaurant in the hotel across the way is really good. Recommend the pad thai and chicken club sandwich! devine!!

Room Tip: be prepared for noise! The whole of patong is noisey though!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple