“We Love FunDee My Fiancé and I stayed here several nights”

FunDee Boutique Hotel
Ranked #129 of 334 Hotels in Patong
Reviewed April 4, 2013

My fiancé stayed here several nights and I can't speak so highly of the staff, the room, the facilities the breakfast the location and cleanliness. For what we paid we received allot more than what we expected. Staff so friendly helpful and full of knowledge on tours and places and things to see and do. Our room was clean, fresh daily, I had a beautiful American breakfast daily and we booked a room with breakfast and the wonderful thing is the breakfast is open until 11 not like other hotels at 10 or 930 so gave us a little more time to sleep. Hotel is not beach front but we did not expect to pay beach front crazy rip off prices. Well recommended place to come and spend a week or so great value

Room Tip: Hire a motor bike can see the island
4  Thank Irrawan
FundeeBoutiqueHotel, Owner at FunDee Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2013

Thank you for your positive review and we are glad you enjoyed your stay here at FunDee Boutique Hotel. The FunDee Management and FunDee staff are pleased to know there efforts in trying to provide a good service is appreciated and would be more than happy to see you again
Elias

Reviewed April 3, 2013

This hotel is just far enough away from Bangla road but is still noisey.
This isnt so much a negative as when you stay in Patong you expect the noise to be higher than usual.
However, the doors in the hotel are rpetty thin so you can hear everything from the ping of the lifts to the walking up the stairs from other people.
The room itself was good enough for what we paid. Only downsdode to the room was the bathroom. The walls are so thin that unless you get on really well with who you are staying with reckon it would be slightly awkward. But if you're comfortable witht hem it'll be grand.
the restaurant in the hotel across the way is really good. Recommend the pad thai and chicken club sandwich! devine!!

Room Tip: be prepared for noise! The whole of patong is noisey though!
1  Thank Shellipop
Reviewed April 2, 2013

Joe the Manager, Maria receptionist, Fah receptionist ,Michel GM and I forgot the other 3 Staff thank you all for a most pleasurable stay and thank you all for your lovely smiles, great care and great advice and wow I could be comfortable speaking English to each and every one of you and can I say you guys made my stay at your hotel just that little more pleasurable. Your hotel is clean, your hotel has a good location handy to everywhere I needed to Go. Your House Keepers a little noisy in the morning but they are great they kept my room so clean and tidy. The Swans on my bed every morning and 2 free bottles of water and for what I paid I cant believe. I come from Israel and for the price I paid at FunDee I would not rent a dog House. I just needed a play to stay with my girl friend and I got this and more. I wish you guys all the best and hope to see you soon

Room Tip: Rent a scooter cheap was to go around
1  Thank ChallomE
Reviewed April 1, 2013

We arrived at the hotel having booked over the internet in Thailand. We were a bit tired and very disappointed to learn our booking has somehow been cancelled by the agent. However, at this point Michael the manager stepped in and couldn't do enough for us. Although they were fully booked, he found us a lovely room which was awaiting a patio door repair (courtesy of the previous guest). It was very spacious, clean and the beds really comfy. Also, hardly any noise in such a busy area. For a budget hotel, this ticks all the boxes and more. Clean, comfy, friendly, good food, great location, air con and free Wifi. If you want kettles provided, porter service and chocolates on your pillows; stay somewhere else and pay for the privilege. At the budget end of the market, this has to be the best hotel in Patong.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Bradleydas
Reviewed March 27, 2013

Location: Easy to access everywhere like family mart, fresh market, Jungcelyon, Bangla Road, and quiet enough to get a good sleep.

Service: Overall the staffs are friendly and helpful.

Value: Because we booked early thru some website, the price is reasonable, but i think some of the reviews are overrated.

Negatives:
1.Does not provide kettle and hairdryer in rooms. I found out some of the guest in reviews has kettle with free tea, coffee inside the room, I wonder why we dont have? Even we want to get the hot water from the kitchen is not allowed, luckily the hotel owner is there and willing to borrow us a kettle.
2.unstable wifi in our room. ( 3rd floor)
3.Floor a bit sandy when we check in.
4.Weird drainage smell in the toilet. (just sometime)

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank IrisShim
Reviewed March 25, 2013

I Stayed here for a week in June with a group of friends and returned again in November, staying for 2 weeks while looking for permanent accomodation in Phuket.

All the various rooms are similar in quality, with comfy matteresses and pillows, clean towels and toiletries. There is a little fridge & kettle with free tea, coffee & water in the room too. I booked the delux room for a Little extra space but even the cheap rooms will keep your average traveller happy. Fast wifi, Flat screen tv's with foreign cable channels and DVD player are good for the odd night in.

The staff here are great and speak English well saving a lot of the hassles you will have elsewhere in Phuket when trying to sort things out. They are always helpful and will give you the low down on where to go, what to see and importantly what to avoid. The room has a safe but I have never used it and have left money, computers and cameras laying around the room with no issues. Honest cleaning staff in Phuket give a good indication on a hotel and it's management.

You can't beat the location of fundee. It's not an overpriced sea side resort but It's literally in the middle of patong and walking distance to everything. Jungcylon shopping centre, the infomous Bangla road, night markets and Muay Thai stadium are all 2 or 3 minutes walk away.

Note: scooter rentals here were a little bit more expensive than the guys on the side of the road but for an extra $1.50 a day they are in much better condition and well looked after. Plus dealing with a foriegner run hotel will be better if things go wrong than dealing with the thugs renting scooters on the street.

Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Che B
Reviewed March 24, 2013

I recently stayed at the Fundee hotel at Patong for a period of 1 month.
The Management and staff were exceptional, particularly Michael, Joe and Aeh were super friendly and went above and beyond what would be considered good customer service. Whether i required information about the local area, lessons on how to speak Thai or just a friendly chat, they were always happy to help.
The rooms were good, clean and the aircon was refreshing after a hot day in the Thai sun.
Overall it was a Great Hotel and i recommend anyone travelling to patong and looking for an affordable place to stay? To stay at Fundee Boutique Hotel. Josh S.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo