“Exceptional Value, Exceptional Quality, Exceptional Service”

FunDee Boutique Hotel
Ranked #132 of 319 Hotels in Patong
Melbourne, Australia
“Exceptional Value, Exceptional Quality, Exceptional Service”
Reviewed February 13, 2013

My family and I arrived here for a 2 day stay and ended up extending our stay for a further 2 weeks. This was due to Fundee Booutique Hotel's Exceptional Value, Exceptional Quality, Exceptional Service. The staff are so nice, so friendly and very obliging towards my families needs. They assisted us in every facet of our stay. Michael the GM made me every day his magnificent LATE WOW how nice was to be spoiled for a change. My family and I had great breakfast daily, American Breakfast 1 day, Pancakes the next and to be spoiled we had the beautiful Baguette sandwich. Thank you Micheal for making my family smile daily with you crack up Aussie Jokes mate your so funny and such a nice guy. Thanks Micheal for recommending us to go to the Phi Phi Island and fantasea Tours magnificent. they added an additional bed for my 3 kids and accomodated us next door to each other. I liked this place so much that I took some of their business cards and will hand them to my mates back in Melbourne

Room Tip: Do the Fantasea night tour its great
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Joseph L
FundeeBoutiqueHotel, Owner at FunDee Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, February 14, 2013
Thank you for your beautiful review & your kind words as they mean allot to us & the FunDee Staff. Its reviews like this that makes the staff’s hard work & efforts worth while. We are so pleased to have clients like you who can see & appreciate the hard work & effort the staff go through. We hope to see you again soon & once again thank you.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (113)
  • Indonesian first
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed February 11, 2013

Hey Michel the GM of FunDee helped us allot with what to do and what not to do in phuket his a great Australian Expat who is the GM of FunDee Boutique Hotel. He advised us to upgrade to a superior Room and Im so glad he did for a few dollars more we got an excellent mattress what a great sleep although there was some noise that we could hear from the near by hotel guests partying till late hours of the morning but I guess this is Patong and this is thailand. If you want to a sound free sleep then dont come to patong as its a lively little city. The rooms are neat and basic but have everything you need in a hotel room, clean sheets and lovely cleaners, the staff are great and speak fluent enlish and they also helped us book a bike and book some tours

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Maria G
Chennai
Reviewed February 10, 2013

Great stay, very close to the action but none of the nightlife spoiling the sleep. Very friendly staff and always trying to make our stay at Fundee better. We rented a scooter from the hotel but the next day found out everything was only a few mins away. The bike did come handy for Karon :)

Room Tip: You can never go wrong by choosing FunDee
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Ranjith P
London
Reviewed February 6, 2013

I should start by saying that 2 stars may seem a little low, as the rooms are fairly spacious and clean, with a decent sized bathroom.
The real issues I have with Fundee are that like a number of hotels in Patong there is a distinct lack of any privacy or space between the properties. Our room at the back of the hotel was literally a metre and a half from the hotel opposite and the windows pretty much lined up together...not ideal. As well as this, the walls between the rooms are quite thin and you can hear most of what is going on next door. Again with this being Patong this can be deep into the night! I should state that we didn't have quiet nights in, but it would have been nice to get some sleep around 2am or so! Banging on the walls and trying to get some peace and quiet all proved fruitless. The staff as nice as they are were not keen to intervene in noise issues with other guests.
All in all not too bad a place but left needing a few quiet nights elsewhere.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Eagles1
Dear Sir, firstly let me apologise for the noise you encountered as from time to time we get some rowdy guests who like to continue the partying even when they get back to their rooms. We try our best to keep the noise from the guests down and we are always telling the guests when they come back late at night to keep it quiet as there are other people sleeping in the hotel. Regarding your comment about the nearby hotels being so close this is true as this is Patong and its one of the most densely populated tourist city in the world and yes the building are very closely built. You will see almost all the Hotels build tightly close all over Patong and this is not just a problem with FunDee. I do hope you enjoyed other facets of our Hotel and I do hope that our staff made your stay pleasant and welcoming.
Managing Director
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed February 5, 2013

This Place is great value and well located close to everything in Patong, The rooms are spacious and clean and the bed was so comfortable. Had all the facilities I needed in the room. The staff are so freindly and hellpful. The coffee here in their little restaurant is one of the best Ive had anywhere on my travels. Ask the staff anything as they speak good english and always willing to help. The Senior Manager there was an Australian named Michel and he was so freindly and funny and willing to answer any of my questions. Thank you to all the staff as they are so nice and freindly and willing to always help. I recommend this place for great service, location and great value for money

Room Tip: Get a room upgrade to a superior Room as the Mattress was so nice to sleep on
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank HelouE
Rensselaer NY
Reviewed February 3, 2013

A friend and I traveled to South East asia in the off season. We were used to getting awesome hotels at incredibly cheap prices. So when we saw the price here, and read the reviews, we thought we were getting the same thing. I would not really classify this as a hotel, it's more like a hostel. The rooms, while clean, were incredibly basic- no frills here. Our room had two beds and a fridge- in which everything cost extra. The bathroom is asian style, so expect a wet toilet and bathroom floor for the duration of your stay if you plan on showering there. The staff was nice, but we hit a huge booking snafu- we booked a great trip at a decent price, only to be told later we did not really book it (although we had paid) and that tour was now full. We were placed on another tour which was supposed to be comparable, only to find out when we got there is was anything but- and exactly what we had been hoping to avoid....and the guides on the tour spoke very little English (we had been told they spoke English) and instead found ourselves trying to decipher Russian! Needless to say the tour was not very meaningful- but perhaps this is the tour companies mistake more than the hotel's. When we complained to the front desk, who had booked all this for us, they were not willing to give us a refund or a discount, or any compensation what so ever. The location is good to walk around Phuket. My advice about Phuket is- really know what you are getting into before you stay here- it's not quite what we thought. Also, the lobby is open to the street at all times and we once saw a giant rat running around in there. Not really the hotel's fault, but gross. There is free internet in the lobby, though, which is nice.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
4 Thank KristaJ
I’m sorry to hear that you would not classify us as a hotel & I find this comment very unusual as this is the first time in my 3 years operation of this Hotel that I’ve herd this comment & I’m sorry you felt this way. We do apologise that the original tour company we booked for you were not able to accommodate you as they were full hence the staff recommended you a similar tour and as I can read you were not pleased with this tour. Can I say that we have contacted that particular tour operator and on forwarded your complaint they have advised us that they will address this. Regarding the wet bathroom yes we do have a wet bathroom just like all the 3 and 4 star hotels in Patong do as this is the style of Bathroom in Thailand and Asia, however the Toilet does not need to be wet as you will need to place the special toilet seat cover that prevents the toilet seat from getting wet. Sorry you had to see the rat in the street & yes there are rats not only in our street but all over Thailand, we do try and eradicate them as we have monthly pest control service come but Phuket has these rats everywhere. I can say one thing though they do not come inside our hotel and we have never ever seen one inside our hotel since we commenced operations 3 years ago. Finally I like to say that it’s a shame you have rated us so low based on your tour experience, the rat and your view that we are not a hotel?
Owner
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed January 31, 2013

My experience staying at Fundee Boutique Hotel would have to be a positive one. The hotels location is very handy only a short stroll to the shopping centre, Bungla Rd and Patong Beach. So pretty much in the centre of everything. The staff of this hotel were extremely polite and helpful. I have even kept in touch with Dao who worked in the kitchen. The breakfast was superb, we did not have to leave the motel in the morning to get our breakfast. One thing about Thailand i found is that i could not find nice coffee. Well this problem was solved as Fundee served the best latte in Thailand.
Dao went out of her way to serve us and bring our breakfast as soon as she could.. She always had a smile on her face and more than happy to help us in any way she could. The manager of the hotel was constantly around and foreseeing how things were going and asking if we're were happy and even sat and had a conversation with us which I thought was really nice. As for the rooms. Very neat and clean, I cannot fault in any way. Our room was serviced each morning, with new towels, shampoo bottles etc. Leaving your key/pass at the front desk was a benefit as you could not lose it. I also had my laundry done... Gave my clothes in the morning ad got them back the next afternoon washed and ironed.. I really found this a big help as when I got back home I did not have all the washing and ironing to do. Overall this is a great hotel to stay, with nice staff, excellent breakfast, and most importantly pricing, great value for money... ( As for bork3000 sorry but sounds like you had a high expectation.)

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family