“Good Service, Clean and excellent Value”

FunDee Boutique Hotel
Ranked #132 of 328 Hotels in Patong
Reviewed February 5, 2013

This Place is great value and well located close to everything in Patong, The rooms are spacious and clean and the bed was so comfortable. Had all the facilities I needed in the room. The staff are so freindly and hellpful. The coffee here in their little restaurant is one of the best Ive had anywhere on my travels. Ask the staff anything as they speak good english and always willing to help. The Senior Manager there was an Australian named Michel and he was so freindly and funny and willing to answer any of my questions. Thank you to all the staff as they are so nice and freindly and willing to always help. I recommend this place for great service, location and great value for money

Room Tip: Get a room upgrade to a superior Room as the Mattress was so nice to sleep on
2  Thank HelouE
FundeeBoutiqueHotel, Owner at FunDee Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 14, 2013

Thank you for your beautiful review & your kind words as they mean allot to us & the FunDee Staff. Its reviews like this that makes the staff’s hard work & efforts worth while. We are so pleased to have clients like you who can see & appreciate the hard work & effort the staff go through. We hope to see you again soon & once again thank you.

There are newer reviews for FunDee Boutique Hotel

Reviewed February 3, 2013

A friend and I traveled to South East asia in the off season. We were used to getting awesome hotels at incredibly cheap prices. So when we saw the price here, and read the reviews, we thought we were getting the same thing. I would not really classify this as a hotel, it's more like a hostel. The rooms, while clean, were incredibly basic- no frills here. Our room had two beds and a fridge- in which everything cost extra. The bathroom is asian style, so expect a wet toilet and bathroom floor for the duration of your stay if you plan on showering there. The staff was nice, but we hit a huge booking snafu- we booked a great trip at a decent price, only to be told later we did not really book it (although we had paid) and that tour was now full. We were placed on another tour which was supposed to be comparable, only to find out when we got there is was anything but- and exactly what we had been hoping to avoid....and the guides on the tour spoke very little English (we had been told they spoke English) and instead found ourselves trying to decipher Russian! Needless to say the tour was not very meaningful- but perhaps this is the tour companies mistake more than the hotel's. When we complained to the front desk, who had booked all this for us, they were not willing to give us a refund or a discount, or any compensation what so ever. The location is good to walk around Phuket. My advice about Phuket is- really know what you are getting into before you stay here- it's not quite what we thought. Also, the lobby is open to the street at all times and we once saw a giant rat running around in there. Not really the hotel's fault, but gross. There is free internet in the lobby, though, which is nice.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
4  Thank KristaJ

I’m sorry to hear that you would not classify us as a hotel & I find this comment very unusual as this is the first time in my 3 years operation of this Hotel that I’ve herd this comment & I’m sorry you felt this way. We do apologise that the original tour company we booked for you were not able to accommodate you as they were full hence the staff recommended you a similar tour and as I can read you were not pleased with this tour. Can I say that we have contacted that particular tour operator and on forwarded your complaint they have advised us that they will address this. Regarding the wet bathroom yes we do have a wet bathroom just like all the 3 and 4 star hotels in Patong do as this is the style of Bathroom in Thailand and Asia, however the Toilet does not need to be wet as you will need to place the special toilet seat cover that prevents the toilet seat from getting wet. Sorry you had to see the rat in the street & yes there are rats not only in our street but all over Thailand, we do try and eradicate them as we have monthly pest control service come but Phuket has these rats everywhere. I can say one thing though they do not come inside our hotel and we have never ever seen one inside our hotel since we commenced operations 3 years ago. Finally I like to say that it’s a shame you have rated us so low based on your tour experience, the rat and your view that we are not a hotel?
Owner

Reviewed January 31, 2013

My experience staying at Fundee Boutique Hotel would have to be a positive one. The hotels location is very handy only a short stroll to the shopping centre, Bungla Rd and Patong Beach. So pretty much in the centre of everything. The staff of this hotel were extremely polite and helpful. I have even kept in touch with Dao who worked in the kitchen. The breakfast was superb, we did not have to leave the motel in the morning to get our breakfast. One thing about Thailand i found is that i could not find nice coffee. Well this problem was solved as Fundee served the best latte in Thailand.
Dao went out of her way to serve us and bring our breakfast as soon as she could.. She always had a smile on her face and more than happy to help us in any way she could. The manager of the hotel was constantly around and foreseeing how things were going and asking if we're were happy and even sat and had a conversation with us which I thought was really nice. As for the rooms. Very neat and clean, I cannot fault in any way. Our room was serviced each morning, with new towels, shampoo bottles etc. Leaving your key/pass at the front desk was a benefit as you could not lose it. I also had my laundry done... Gave my clothes in the morning ad got them back the next afternoon washed and ironed.. I really found this a big help as when I got back home I did not have all the washing and ironing to do. Overall this is a great hotel to stay, with nice staff, excellent breakfast, and most importantly pricing, great value for money... ( As for bork3000 sorry but sounds like you had a high expectation.)

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank njoy03

Reviewed January 25, 2013

This is a cool hotel near all the fun of bangla road. Its newish, and has most things you need.
Over all its a great hotel for what it costs and hopefully you are only spending time in the room to sleep.
Staff speaks Fluent English.
It's close to late night market and you can get ton of food there.

3  Thank eugene n

Reviewed January 24, 2013

FunDee hotel is relatively inexpensive, compared to a number of other offerings in the area. Unfortunately, there is a reason for the low price.

Rooms are basic, fairly barren. Bed is large and firm, there is a desk, a semi-usable "cube" chair and a tiny TV which you won't see from the bed. There is no teapot or anything else to make tea - which will be important, even if you don't drink tea, see below :)

Bathroom is in a common budget-hotel Thailand style - shared space that includes a sink, a toilet and a shower. Since there is nothing separating shower from the rest of the room, and floor is not inclined towards the drain - each shower will invariably saturate the entire bathroom with water. A single floor towel provided is not enough to contain that water from spreading.

Speaking of towels, towel policy is pretty simple - you get 2 large towels per day (provided housekeeping didn't miss your room, see below too). No exceptions, no matter how nicely you ask. If you need another towel to contain the flood in the bathroom - better get your own (hotel conveniently "sold" me one for 100 baht).

Hot water is provided by instant-on electric heater and only available in the shower. This is also fairly common in lower-end hotels here. Unfortunately, if you need to shave and don't use electric razor - you may be SOL. Remember - there is no teapot? Well, there is no way to make any amount of water sufficiently hot for shaving either. If this may be a problem - plan accordingly.

At least once during my stay there was some sort of water issue, which caused water pressure to drop to a trickle. FYI.

Housekeeping is somewhat haphazard. If you are not consistently out of the room from morning till late afternoon, it may very well miss your room. Then you are stuck with the same old towel for another day - front desk can't provide any towels either.

Wi-fi is free, unfortunately reception in my room, as well as on a few other floors I tested, was non-existent, so for practical purposes consider that there is no wi-fi (or it is only available in the reception area).

Restaurant across the road has a party going on occasionally (about once a week). When they do - they will blast extremely loud obnoxious music until all hours of the night. The music is actually louder in hotel rooms in FunDee than on the street, so even with windows closed and shutters drawn shut, you will still feel like you are partying in TaiPan. :) Not FunDee's fault, of course - but again, make your own arrangements if you actually want to sleep.

Hotel reception staff is not terribly helpful and only marginally polite. Owners appear to always be on site, but don't advertise themselves as such - so you can only guess who they are (while they hang about the lobby, conducting business-related discussions).

Compared to my stay at (now-defunct) Atlas hotel next door, FunDee proved somewhat more expensive and lacking in a few ways. None of these were dramatic, but together they tipped the scale towards "not coming back". If you are considering budget hotel options in Patong - I would suggest trying elsewhere before opting for this one.

YMMV.

Room Tip: Rooms that do not face a street might be quieter, I suppose.
5  Thank bork3000
FundeeBoutiqueHotel, Owner at FunDee Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 26, 2013

Dear Sir I'm sure you know who I am as I spoke to you at length when you first
arrived at our hotel. From the moment you stepped foot in FunDee and began your
complaint about the price which may I add went on and on and on because you felt you
deserve a cheaper price from our currently heavily discounted prices. Then not even
after 5 minutes you entering the room you began your demands and requested &
complaints about anything and everything so that we could further discount the rate
for you until i told you that we will not discount anymore as we are running a
business not a charity for freeloaders. i personally said to you sorry this is the
final price and if your not happy your free to go to any cheaper or better hotel but
unfortunately for us you decided to stay. I knew we were in for a bad ride with you
cause we were not even an hour in our hotel and you complaints kept coming in from you for any reason you could find. You were not here to have an enjoyable holiday but rather
to try and screw us down on price and expect to get the Hilton Hotel. You have just
about complained about every aspect of our hotel and judging from your very very
long unfair and untrue review you have nothing better to do than complain about
things in your life. Let me give you some facts, our thai staff are extremely
friendly, polite, helpful and speak fluent English and are always willing to go the
extra mile to assist our guests. Our lovely Burmese house keepers are so beautiful,
sweet and clean and do the job right. The house keepers finish work at 5 and if you
don't exit your room by 4 then they don't clean the room because they need to complete the
linen for washing and clean the rest of the hotel before they leave. We offer 2
large towels, 2 face towel and 1 floor towel fresh daily like any other 3 star hotel
surrounding us and any extra towel you need yes we charge as extra towels cost us
extra money to clean and prepare. We offer 2 bottles of water, 2 bottles of shampoo,
2 soap, hair cover for ladies shower daily. As we are so finely priced we cannot
offer an endless supply of towels, water bottles and so forth. We would be out of
business like Atlas and close our door like they did. Yes they sold up and close
their doors because of people like you. Every 3 star hotel in our surrounding
neighborhood had a wet shower that's why we supply a floor towel to be placed just outside the bathroom not inside as the staff showed you but this is logical anyway. Almost every hotel within a 2 kilometer radius of 3 star has an identical bathrrom to us and can I add we have not hidden the fact that we have a wet bathroom. this style of bathroom is in almost every hotel of 3 or 4 star. Can I explain to the person who may bother listenning to your review that we did not run out of water, there was 2 days where the Patong Council had a burst and Broken water main, however we have a system in place that alarms us when our water Tanks reach 30% capacity in which we refil them at a very great expense to ensure constant flow of water to our guests, unlike some hotels in our surrounding neighbour hood who ran out of water but we did not. We spent allot of money on the 2 days where the council shut the water down in Patong and this is another reason why we cannot give you the room for free which if you had your way you like.
You complained about anything and everything and I bet you do this to any restaurant you
go to, any hotel you go to, any place you go to because judging from your behavior
at our hotel and your review this is your style. Please don't come again and if you
have friends, relative like you please recommend them not to come to us as we better
save our energy to more deserving customers who come to phuket to enjoy and not come
to complain about anything and everything. Lastly can I add again I waisted my time
replying to you as I should let the 98% of our customers who have reviewed us as
excellent do the response on FunDee Boutique Hotel

Reviewed January 23, 2013

The Fundee within walking distance to Bangla road but quiet enough to get a good nights sleep. It is clean and modern with good facilities and a good choice for breakfast. The staff were helpful and informative during our stay.

• Stayed: December 2012

Reviewed January 19, 2013

I'm still looking back and thinking how can they make a profit at FunDee as they truly offered me a 5 star Room for a bargain price and further more the room was big clean comfortable bed free bottles of water free wifi. The owner Elias what a great guy and he surely knows phuket. I'm glad I listened to his advise to get a motor bike and the places he showed me to go to was just perfect. I bought tours from them did my laundry for a few dollars a kilo. Again how can they be so so so cheap on that price I should have paid triple for what they offered me. Thank you Elias and his brother Micheal what a great team you have there. Joe Joe Maria Johnny Ao you guys are fantastic and truly made my stay in phuket that extra enjoyable thank you for all your service an help and I will tell all my friends about FunDee Hotel. I recommend every Aussie go there as its just a great place and run by great Aussies well done guys make us Australians proud to have guys like you when we travel

• Stayed: December 2012