“great hotel at affordable price!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of FunDee Boutique Hotel

FunDee Boutique Hotel
Ranked #128 of 319 Hotels in Patong
Singapore, Singapore
“great hotel at affordable price!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2012

i stayed at this hotel with my mother in may and had a great time there. the room was very clean with simple furnishings. some of the perks include free wifi, 2 bottles of free water daily and a very short distance (approximately 100m) to a night market that offers great finger food (e.g. mango with sticky rice, kebab, etc) and shopping options. and next to this market is a row of shops which sell a myriad of things. notably, junceylon is a stone's throw away (approximately 5 mins walk) from the hotel opposite this row of shops. it is also near the famous bangla street but yet, far enough such that the the hype does not spill over and disturb tourists who are looking for a quiet night. the hotel crew was very friendly and patient in helping us out with the booking of tours and introducing the cultures of phuket. when i mentioned the lack of complimentary breakfast, one of the crew members explained that they had received feedback and were looking into offering this as part of the package. although there was a minor issue (during the first evening, spotted that the clip for hanging the showerhead was spoilt and informed the staff, who got it fixed the next morning while we were away on our day trips, which was very considerate of them), i was very satisfied with overall service and cleanliness of the hotel. :)

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank chrysanthemumhealthy

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (113)
  • Indonesian first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2012

I stayed there with my wife and had a pleasant stay the rooms were clean and we were provided with 2 free bottles of water daily the rooms were cleaned daily fresh towels fresh white sheets and a comfortable mattress was so good, I will come again soon

• Stayed August 2012
2 Thank samfromrazorback
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2012

I truly had sweet dreams at fundee as the mattress was one of the best I've ever slept on. I booked a superior room with free wifi huge safe, LCD tv and the best of all was the most comfortable mattress ever. For what I paid I was laughing as it was as cheap as chips for what I paid and what was offered. I hired a brand new motor bike and scooted all over this beautiful island of Phuket. Fundee you made my dreams sweet and yes I know fundee means sweet dreams in Thai. Thanks guys for the warm welcome and khun Dao thank you for your excellent American breakfast. I will be back soon to see your newly refurbished cafe. Well done fundee and thank you to everyone who assisted me.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2012

Well I stayed here for 3 Nights and I can say that my stay was Pleasant, comfortable and so relaxing as I found the rooms clean, Good size with Free Wifi and staff helpfull and friendly and speak great English. Location was awesome and price so good and cheap and not to mention all the extras I got. Close to all the night life, shops, markets and only minutes walk to the beach. the wifi was good and the breakfast was great. I will recommend this place as the management and staff are so nice and freindly. Thanks guys for all your help

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2012

My wife and I recently completed a 5 night stay at FunDee and found it a perfect fit for our trip to Phuket. The hotel is very contemporary, which is the way I like it, and yet the feel is very personal. We found this hotel amazing value and felt that it was worth alot more than what we paid.
The rooms where very clean and spacious and the staff where very helpful in assisting us plan our trip. Perfect location and within walking distance to the main strip of Phuket and close to Jungeylon.

We also found a perfect little massage place around the corner that the staff at FunDee recommended. It was boutique and felt more like a day spa. Will definately stay at FunDee again and would highly recommend it.

Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank tony b
Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2012

Traveled with a companion and stayed 3 nights at this hotel, costing about US$27 per room per night. Price was highly discounted (~50%) as it was off peak season.

Rooms: We stayed in a twin bed room, 2nd floor, which was spacious and had a small balcony facing the street. Facilities were adequate - free wifi, towels, 2 bottles of water daily, but lacking in toiletries like shampoo/toothpastes etc. The flat screen television was really small (about 20+ inches), but this was not really an issue.

Breakfast wasn't provided along with the room charges and we did not try any for all days.

Location was great, on a relatively quiet street. Hotel is just a 5min walk to Jungceylong, an area with 2 shopping complexes and a food street with many restaurants. Which was in turn within walking distance to Bangla road, where all the pubs and night life were.

Service was good and prompt, but nothing warmly hospitable. We were given poor directions on 2 occasions (rather than pointing them out exactly where they were on a map) which cost us to waste about an hour or so trying to locate the place even with our GPS, although they were nothing serious.

On our last night, power was cut totally, and only resumed about 1 hour later, but the power cut affect several buildings in the area, so it wasn't the hotel's fault per se.

Overall a recommended lodging place because of the location (and the price we paid for it), but I'm not too sure if I would return.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Scizorsim
Paris, France
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2012

Well I'm glad I looked at Tripadvisor and got my recommendation for this beautiful Clean and Spacious Room Hotel. They are so affordable I thought they made a mistake with the price as what I got was worth 3 times more than what I paid. To the owners of FUNDEE well done you have the right ingredient and you have some nice and friendly Staff, Joe, Maria, Aor & Ae. I bought some Tours from them and rented a Bike for 3 days and what a great adventure I had on their new Bike around this magnificent heaven called and island in Phuket. The Hotel has an excellent location close to shops, markets, night life and Beaches all within a short stroll. I love Thailand and love the friendly hospitibal nature of the Thai People.

Room Tip: Rent their new Bike and travel around the island its awesome