“Nothing special”

Ranked #134 of 322 Hotels in Patong
London
“Nothing special”
Reviewed November 29, 2011

Hotel is nothing special compared to others we stayed in in Thailand but its okay.
There's a weird drainage smell around the hotel and found the staff okay.
Rooms are a good size but found it hard to sleep sometimes due to some weird extractor fan noises outside at night. Also the corridors are quite echoey so could hear everything going on outside from people coming in/out and the cleaner in the morning. Also there is a building site behind the hotel so there is a lot of daytime noise for those who like to nap. The hotel did have free wifi and computers which was good though.
Location wise it was pretty good. A bit of a walk to the beach which isn't the nicest beach in phuket but good shopping and eating nearby.
BEWARE...the bangla road nearby is not for the faint hearted..or for those with easily led/friendly boyfriends as it is the seediest place I've ever been to.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (114)
  • Indonesian first
Gold Coast, Australia
Reviewed November 26, 2011

Really nice hotel, good bedroom, excellent staff ! They are extremely friendly, I had thai dinner with them :D The thotel is well located, you don't need to take a cab or a tuk tuk, everything is close. One street from nighclubs and activities but very quiet.

I highly recommend this hotel ! :)

Room Tip: Superior room is really good and twin beds as well
1 Thank Laurence L
OK
Reviewed November 25, 2011

but my experience was so great that I felt compelled to let the world know. The FunDee was clean, comfortable, economical, quiet and close to all of the action on Bangla and the beach. But, the reason I'm writing this review is because of the staff and the owner (George) were so friendly and helpful that they MADE my trip. I was traveling alone and it was my first time to Thailand and whatever I needed I just asked the staff and they made it happen. FunDee set me up with great tours, reliable airport p/u in a great car, great restaurant recommendations, ping pong show locations, found me an elephant to ride for less than $10usd, rubbed medicine (Vick's Vapor Rub) on my monkey bite, great massages (real ones...not the rub and a tug type), George found me a fake LV handbag for my wife and George also took me to his personal tailor for a tux and a suit. FunDee also had good coffee....the only thing that didn't blow me away was their breakfast....it was just decent and there was better food breakfast across the street. Jeff, Stanwood, WA, USA

Room Tip: I was on the 4th floor and it was great.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
2 Thank elbowlicker
Reviewed November 25, 2011

Absolutely fantastic. Great rooms, excellent location and five star service. Already booked again for next year.

• Stayed October 2011
1 Thank SamfromProtem
Dhaka City, Bangladesh
Reviewed November 19, 2011

Must confess that we were a bit hesitant about the hotel when we booked it. We did so because of the reviews it got on Trip Advisor.

When we were there we were pleasantly surprised. The hotel was relatively new and basic. But rooms were very large (mine had two queen beds put together and then had room left over for two more!!). The staff were friendly and eager to help. The owner was very courteous and enquired many times about how the trip was going.

Location was really good as well. Shopping at Jungcyleon was only 5-7 minutes walk, nightlife of Bangla Road 10-12 mins and the beach 20 mins. In addition the hotel had cheap scooters that you could rent for THB 300 per 24 hours.

The only complain if I have to, is that the bathroom was small (specially in comparison to the room) and had very basic amenities and no shower curtains. And at less than $30 per night, that isn't a issue at all!

2 Thank NazimFarhan
Phuket, Thailand
Reviewed November 18, 2011

For the area, what you get and what you pay are reasonably in alignment. The big plus is that the bed is not the typical rock hard Thai bed. The room is clean and a decent size.

However, 1. You should not go to the Fundee during the rainy season. There was a downpour my first and only evening that lasted 2 to 3 hours. Looking outside the cafe I was sitting in things didn't seem to bad as the rain slacked off.

Walking the 4 to 5 blocks to hotel though proved otherwise. Fundee's street was closed to traffic due to the flood and the blocks adjacent to it towards the beach were also flooded. since it showed no signs of draining away anytime soon, I ended up having to walk two blocks through water around 6 inches deep to get to the hotel. Fun time to think of the sewage and infections that were intermingled in that Thai street water.

And, to think that was all after just 2 - 3 hours of rain.

2. room was very noisy in the morning from street noise and people talking below. hard to sleep after around 7:30.

3. Room only had a small leather footstool for a chair so I couldn't sit due to back issues.

4. Internet was not strong enough on my floor (3rd) to use skype to call back to the US.

Room Tip: Don't go on the 3rd floor. Either there wasn't a wifi router on that floor or it just didn...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed November 15, 2011

On my arrival I was impressed with the staff presentation and great welcome with lovely English speaking Thai Girls. The Superior service that I receied comparing with other Hotels I was overwhelmed that I paid so little to receive a 5 Star Accomodation and Service. further more the information about the various tour packages that the staff assisted me with was just too good.I just wanna say a great Thank you to The staff and as you guys really made my stay such a wonderful one and my family also loved it. I will definatly come back again with my family.

Room Tip: Ask the staff about anything to do with Phuket especially about the tours as they as good value
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family