“Awesome.....best place to live .......outstanding”

FunDee Boutique Hotel
Ranked #131 of 331 Hotels in Patong
Reviewed June 20, 2011

My expereience with Fundee was really fun, as the name suggests "FUNDEE". Rooms are absoluely clean, immaculate service. Most importantly, It felt being at home.

The owner of this place is an amazing guy, I was amazed to see the values he has inculcated into this place and his staff. Hats off to you Elias !!!!!

Special thanks to the staff (Tanya, Jackie, mod, Lips) for hosting me here nicely.

I will certainly come back to stay with you !!! Keep up the good work fellas, Kudos

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled solo
FundeeBoutiqueHotel, Manager at FunDee Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 21, 2011

Thank you for staying at our Hotel and we do appreciate your custom. We love having good guests stay with us and appreciate the good service and great accomodation that we pride our selves on. We do appreciate it when our hard work and good efforts are rewarded back by having our clients satisfied. Thank you once again and we hope to see you back again soon. Regards
Elias
Owner

Reviewed June 16, 2011

I am merely sharing my experience during my stay in Fundee Boutique Hotel.

1. No Lift
Fundee is in the midst of constructing lifts. With this in mind, they gave us a room on the highest floor,5th floor,no view. The stairs were steep, it was troublesome and tiring for us to climb up and down the stairs with and without luggage. The staff did not offer any help in assisting our luggages.

2. No water in the toilet
My brother was in the shower, with shampoo on his hair and suddenly the water from the tap had run out. I called the reception n we waited around 15 minutes, the staff came to our room and checked, true enough, there are no water.

Same thing happened in the next following day of our stay, there were no water in the toilet. When there is water, the water was dirty(limey-chalky color). Again, we were given bottled water after waiting for 1/2hr to 2 hr. The staff suggested that we could use the toilet at the ground floor to do our wash-up and what not. Which means we need to bring our toiletries and towel and go all the way down to 1st floor to wash up and after thats' done we climb all the way up to our room. It was really inconvenient therefore, all of us decided not to bath or clean ourselves.

Another instance was when my husband used the toilet at the ground floor. He was having stomach upset. So i told him to use the toilet at the ground floor just in case if our room's toilet ran out of water again. But, to our disappoinment, there were not water in that toilet as well. So he was given bottled water to wash up.

Albeit, the staff was friendly and understanding the problem we are facing. The manager explained the reasons to why there were no water during our stay and apologised. I understood the reasons offered as they were valid. But it did not match the inconveniences that my family and i had to experience during our stay.

I hope this does not happen to other travellers in the future. If i visit Patong again, i would go to another hotel as i do not want to take the risk. In fact, there are other new hotels with view in that area.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Medusa_sg
FundeeBoutiqueHotel, Owner at FunDee Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 21, 2011

Firstly I appollogise for not having a lift in the Hotel, however we do not advertise that we have a lift in the first place and when you booked your accomodation with us you were not advised that we have a lift. Having said that we are constructing a lift and a restaurant and this will be up and running in late July 2011. We had a full Hotel when you were here and the only room available was on the 5th Floor. I do appologise for the 1 instance when we ran out of water for a few hours due to the builder who is constructing our restaurant and lift turning off the water supply do undertake his works but forgetting to turn the water off. We were able to rectify this problem within 2 hours of noticing this problem and it did not occur 2 times only 1 time. Never at anytime while I was there did you complain to me about your issue with not having a lift and about your so called major water catastrophy. Its sad that we provide such excellent service and people like you trash all the hard work that the staff and the Hotel Management do cause of your Petty attitude. Your rated our service so badly without any trure cause as not having a lift in the Hotel does not reflect on our service, especially when you were aware that we do not have a lift when you booked with us. Secondly runniing out of Water for a few hours was an error and also not a reflection on our service and we did compensate you for that several time by providing you and your family free drinks on the Bar which you gladly accepted on 2 occassions and I spoke to you several time and you never mentioned your so called BAD EXPERIENCE. We had a full Hotel during your stay and your the only 1 person out of 50+ persons who made this silly and unfair review.We pride ourselves on Great Service and its Sad that you can trash our good efforts like this for no major or reasonable cause. Yes we ran out of water on one occaision due to a builders error but that does not mean we provide Bad Service and we truly more than compensated you for this. Good Luck Elias The Owner

Reviewed June 10, 2011

We stayed for 6 days at Fundee, it was the best acommodation in Patong. The room was extremely comfortable with a clean bathroom plus lots of bonuses such as internet & air con (which is a must for holidaying in Thailand!) all for a very cheap price. The staff are extremely friendly and really helpful. When we come back to Patong beach we will definatly stay at Fun dee again! It is a good feeling when people treat u with respect and kindness like that stafff at Fun dee have showed us.We highly recommend this hotel for a great stay!!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 3, 2011

Ending months of May yesterday, me and some friends stay there ..
we get a good price, and it turns out a nice place too, even with a very strategic location, close to the fresh market, shopping mall, and also the beach.

Moreover, given for what happened to us, which is being played by travel, we get tremendous support, concern for the staff and the owner also any advice given. Thank you.

If later on we have the opportunity to come back to phuket, there is likely we returned to Fundee, and surely will we refer to our other friends.

Thank you for your help during our stay in Phuket.

God Blessing you all ..
Grace.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank grace_permatasari
Reviewed May 29, 2011

My boyfriend and I went to Phuket for the first time in April this year. We stayed at FunDee. Found a great deal on Agoda.

This is a 5 star brand new boutique hotel. Our room was nicely furnished with modern furniture and aircon. It was spacious and spotless (cleanliness is very important to me) and also had an LCD tv and free WiFi.

The location was second to none. The hotel is close to the action but not directly in the middle of it so you can get away from it all as well. It was a short walk to Jungceylon (great shopping centre) and Banzaan markets (I recommend you walk around and eat at the food markets) and the nightlife and beach road. There's also a lot of restaurants (Thai/Italian) around the corner from this hotel.

We hired a scooter from reception which was convenient and a relief because we didn't have to go searching for scooter hire.

We found the staff at reception to be super friendly and helpful and being a boutique hotel meant the atmosphere was more intimate and friendly than bigger hotels, which we loved. The staff speak really good English (which helps) and were very good at recommending places to eat and things for us to do. One of our favourites things was the little bar at reception - my boyfriend and I would have a drink at the bar most nights before heading out.

Brilliant hotel all round. I can definitely recommend staying here and will be back.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank KaterinaPetro
Reviewed May 24, 2011

We were recommended this boutique Hotel after our friends stayed there earlier this year. Prime location in the heart of Patong within walking distance to the major shopping precinct, restaurants and bars.

Fundee staff were very courteous and every request was made possible - The front desk allowed us late check out at a reasonable fee as we had an evening flight back home which was perfect as we were able to do some last minute souvenir shopping.

The scooter hire onsite was convenient and affordable; this allowed us to rent a scooter at a fixed rate rather than haggling with a local outside the hotel.

There was some minor construction taking place at the Hotel but we were out late most nights so this was not an issue for us. The rooms are fully equipped with all the modern amenities such as WIFI and LCD Televisions. Fundee is unpretentious with all the major comforts of a 5 star boutique Hotel.

We cannot wait to return to Fundee as the staff made our stay a memorable experience.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 19, 2011

Stay there as walk in, its has no lift the reception girl said she ready to assit the heavy baggage to third floor and we decided to give it a try since the girl have sweet smilling face. We ask to pay full for the 2 days stay .Constraction next door start at 8am in the moni drilling hacking whatever, its belong to the same owner ,they apologize its would start after 1pm next day ,nah.......its a same on the next moni hacking against bed wall drilling.... I think that's why we ask to pay full when we check in,since we can't have good rest we rented a motorbike from them ,we told the girl fuel meter its not working well as its shown empty when we were told its half tank then the reception girl open the tank and show me its half tank,anyway she said she will take note about this.we fill the tank more then half (150batt)at petrol station before we return it, is not the same girl when we return it she said that the fuel meter shown empty ask me to paid additional 150batt I explained to her about the fuel inddicator not working well so I shown her the tank like the girl attent me yesterday she reply they never do this she insist me to pay 150 batt I try to explaine again & again I told her its not about the money its the honesty & pride of my personality, I feel insulting and angry at the end I went to fill up addition 100 batt by the time I return the meter show full tank when the engine is on, its tricky fuel meter .when check out no one there is ready to assit the baggage as promise.
If u want to be up early u can consider stay in but the service and the promise I take it as"ZERO" hospitality .
There are plenty same rate and better service just arround the corner .

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank joop_11
fundeehotel, Front Office Manager at FunDee Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2011

Im sorry that you were un happy with your stay at FunDee due to the noise of the construction next door which commences 10am Daily. We ensure that construction work does not commence prior to that time as we do take our guests comfort into account. Upon checking in of our guests we advise them of the work next door and the price that you paid for your stay was heavily discounted as it took this activity into account. We are currently installing a new Lift and a Restaurant next door so we can provide our guests with a great experience and comfort. The building works of the restaurant and lift will be completed in Mid to late June 2011 and there is a sign on our reception advising our guests of this. FunDee purchased brand new motor bikes only 2 months ago and are all in excellent working condition. All motor bikes received their 1000km service only 3 weeks ago. FunDee has a policy in place regarding the motor bike hire and costs associated with damage, loss of helmets or the returning of the bike with no petrol. This policy is outlined within a written document which must be signed by the person renting the Bike. Furthermore this policy is also verbally explained to the customer prior to agreeing to sign the contract of hire. The new bike's rental begins from 250 THB a day with a full tank of petrol. We get charged 200 THB to fill the Bike from the petrol shop accross the road and if the Bike is returned empty then we will need to be reimbursed for our out of pocket expense.