“Great variety!” 4 of 5 bubbles

SushiBox - Jungceylon
Ranked #178 of 548 Restaurants in Patong
Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi, Asian
Good for: Dining on a budget, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Brunch, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Mumbai (Bombay), India
“Great variety!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2013

Sushi Box is right in the center of the Jungceylon Shopping area, out in the open. The restaurant has a fantastic array of sushis and it was to our great delight that they had a number of different types of vegetarian sushis. The sushis were served with appropriate amounts of ginger,wasabi and soy sauce and tasted brilliant. The waitresses were polite and knowledgeable about the dishes.

Towards the end of our meal, we were beset by a group of insects, including a large bee, which hastened our departure from the area. Still a must visit though!

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

• Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Phuket, Thailand
“Best sushi I had in Thailand”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2013 via mobile

I have been living in Thailand now for one year and this is where i had the best sushi so far.. Got very surprised the first time, do went back after a couple of days.. same good sushi.. It is in the middle of Jungceylon outside square do can be quite busy with people walking around you and noises.. But the food for me was so good that it was not an issue for med.. even the salmon was really good, and I am Norwegian so ive tasted my share of good salmon ;)

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank kwahlium
Adelaide, Australia
“Good, affordable sushi”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2013 via mobile

Good central location, affordable bu Australian standards. Sushi wasn't cold (room temperature sort if) but other than that it was good. Staff were friendly as well and service fast.

• Visited July 2013
Caloundra, Australia
“Great food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2013

We initially went to another Sushi restaurant close to Sushi Box but were put off by flies on the food so we left and went to Sushi Box. Great food and drinks at very reasonable prices with lots to choose from. Wife especially loved the Sex in the City sushi.

Visited July 2013
Edmonton, Canada
“Aweful Aweful Sushi - Bangla Rd outlet”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2013

I'm a seasoned Sushi connoisseur. This was the worst sushi I have ever had in my life.
If you look at my reviews, I hardly give anyone a terrible rating, but this was really terrible.

The only decent taste came from the tempura shrimp.

We ordered a sashimi plate, 3 pieces of tuna, salmon, and snapper. The sashimi was old, flaky and breaking apart.
We also ordered a spider and some other maki and none of the rolls would stick together, breaking as we lifted them. The Takochan (little octopus) was not a good taste in your mouth.

I feel sick writing about it. What a waste of a 1000 baht.

Not sure if all the outlets are like this, but I am going to stay away from them.

• Visited May 2013