“Great accommodation. .all you need in one place”

Absolute Guesthouse
Ranked #5 of 413 Patong B&B and Inns
Reviewed April 26, 2014

Perfect location if you want to be a littile outside the main strip.still very central with only a 5min taxi to main shopping, bars and beach . definitely stay here again.really relaxing mood to this place

• Stayed: April 2014
GlennSheffield, Manager at Absolute Guesthouse, responded to this reviewResponded April 28, 2014

Thank you for your review. We are really pleased you thought it was very relaxing staying with us. We hope you can stay again. Thanks again Glenn

Reviewed April 11, 2014

Room was basic but clean and air conditioning works well. Glenn the English speaking Manager is very helpful, nothing is too much trouble. The Guesthouse is far enough away from all party streets so you can get a peaceful sleep. If you're too lazy to walk to the beach you can catch a taxi motorbike for 50baht or 200baht for tuk tuk. Otherwise it's only around a 15-20 minute walk if you are not tempted on the way to stop at all the bargain stalls. Great little restaurants close by and a lot cheaper than restaurants on the beachfront. If on a tight budget this is the place to stay. And if you decide to hire a motorbike, go through Glenn your passport will be safe with him!

• Stayed: April 2014
GlennSheffield, Owner at Absolute Guesthouse, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2014

Thank you for your review. We are happy you enjoyed your stay with us and you thought we were value for money. We hope you can stay again. Thanks again Glenn

Reviewed April 11, 2014

I stayed absolute for 29 nights in March. I found my room spacious & very clean. The room was serviced every day except on Sundays which is no problem. I was always supplied 2 fresh bath towels & toilet paper every day. The room was very quiet & very little street noise was heard although some noise from inside the building can wake you early hours of morning from other guests coming back late mainly their doors slamming. It has a pool which some guests used but the water always looked a little bit cloudy for me. Your a 10 - 15 minute walk from beach shopping centre & night action of Bangla road or 5 min taxi bike ride @ a cost or 40 to 60 baht. The owner was always helpful & polite as was his staff. There is many good eating places with in a short distance & family mart or 7/11 stores across the road. My only complaint & it's not that big a deal & I find the same problem with most hotels/guesthouses in Thailand is that they need to up grade their Televisions to at least 32" wide screens. All in all great guesthouse to stay in.

• Stayed: March 2014
GlennSheffield, Owner at Absolute Guesthouse, responded to this reviewResponded April 14, 2014

Thank you for your review. We are pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and that we could help with what you needed. We hope you can stay again. Thanks again Glenn

Reviewed April 6, 2014

We stayed at absolute guesthouse for four nights and as this was our first trip to Thailand we did a lot of research and I must say we were not disappointed with our choice. Our room was on the second floor on the side so nice and quiet with a large balcony and having a fridge was a big bonus. The room was very large as was the bathroom and always plenty of hot water. They were very clean and I must say it was lovely to have quality bedding and towels. Glenn and his team were very friendly and helpful and nothing was too much trouble. We booked a trip via the guesthouse which was very well priced (cheaper than other places). Absolute is in a very good location nothing too far away. All in all we had an excellent stay and will definitely book again. Great start to our holiday. Thanks Glenn for all your help.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
GlennSheffield, Owner at Absolute Guesthouse, responded to this reviewResponded April 7, 2014

Thank you for your kind review. We are pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and we could help you with what you needed. We hope you can stay again. Thank again Glenn

Reviewed April 3, 2014

Searched extensively on TripAdvisor before zeroing on this place for our stay. Extremely satisfied with the overall experience: ease of booking, availability of correct information, location of hotel, hotel room, quality of WiFi and hospitality of Glenn and his team.
Pros:
1) The guesthouse (more of a hotel rather) is located on one of the main streets in the Patong area. So, there is no difficulty in locating it once you are in Phuket.
2) The fridge in the room comes handy to store beverages and snacks. One can also additionally ask for an electric kettle to boil water without any extra charge (we did).
3) Convenience stores are quite nearby (Seven-Eleven, Family Mart) and come quite handy for some quick snacks, water, and other essentials.
4) Other shops which may one need in Phuket (Bike rentals, currency exchange, restaurants, laundry, massage parlours etc) are also within 1-5 minutes walking distance.
5) Patong Beach is about 10-12 minutes walk from the guest house. On the way to beach one can find McDonalds, Starbucks, cloth and fruit market, and lots of restaurants and other eating joints among various other shops.
Not so pros:
1) As already mentioned on the forum, there is no lift in the guest house and the stairs are fairly steep. So if one does not like climbing stairs, it could get a bit taxing especially if you are in one of the rooms on the top floors.
2) There is no restaurant in the guest house. So one could either store their food in the fridge or go to one of the nearby convenience stores/restaurants for tea/breakfast. (Glenn: May be you could consider having a couple of tea bags, sugar packets, and milk powder packets in the room. It wouldn't cost much, and additionally it would enhance customer experience even more).

Other: If one is coming in a group of 3-4, taking a direct taxi from/to airport could be convenient (between 600-800 Baht). In case number of persons are 1-2, taking a shared cab (called mini bus in Phuket) would be much cheaper (180 Baht). We were in a group of 3 and took a mini bus to come from the airport (took about 50 minutes). On our way back to the airport, we got a taxi booked from the guest house (700 Baht; 40-45 minutes) (You could though get a taxi for 600 Baht too from one of the nearby shops).

Room Tip: 1) Try to get a room on the 1st/2nd floor, preferably facing towards Green Mango (a nearby hotel). T...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank 16KB22
GlennSheffield, Owner at Absolute Guesthouse, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2014

Thank you for your kind review. It was a pleasure meeting you and your family and we are only happy we met your high standards. Regards your constructive comment we have taken on board. We hope you can stay with us again. Thanks again Glenn

Reviewed March 29, 2014

I have stayed at the Absolute Guesthouse so many times now I have lost count! Why do I return again and again? Have I tried other places, I hear you ask? Well, I always begin my hols at the Absolute because it's totally reliable, friendly and the rooms are pretty much ideal - large and clean, and some have balconies and other extras. Ok, I have stayed at other places - usually more expensive because I like to travel a bit in Thailand and stay at beaches such as Surin for a few days. Some of these other places have been good, occasionally excellent and 4-star, with large swimming pools etc, but I then frequently return to the Absolute before my departure from Phuket because the combination of RELIABILITY with VALUE FOR MONEY is key for me. The Nanai road is a good location - almost like a village in itself. I almost feel part of it, I have been there so often. One final comment - I sometimes have to work for a few days during part of my hols, and the Absolute is again my choice. You can't go wrong!

Room Tip: This time I had a room at the side - quieter than at the front, although I have always slept well an...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
GlennSheffield, Owner at Absolute Guesthouse, responded to this reviewResponded March 31, 2014

Thank you for your kind review and thank you for your continued business. We are happy we can continually meet your needs and standards. Hope we see you soon Glenn

Reviewed March 25, 2014

Very Nice Stuff. Very big and clean Room. The Guesthouse is good located. child friendly. There is not much trouble. If we come back to Patong, we stay there! We had a good time there. Thank you Glenn.

Room Tip: We stay in the Studio Apartment. It is a very big Room and perfect to stay there with family.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
GlennSheffield, Owner at Absolute Guesthouse, responded to this reviewResponded March 29, 2014

Thank you for your kind review. We are pleased you liked us and our guesthouse. We hope you can stay with us again. Thanks again Glenn