“good experience”

Absolute Guesthouse
Ranked #5 of 409 Patong B&B and Inns
Reviewed January 13, 2014

This is my first time to Phuket.I chose Absolute Guesthouse which is very good place.I am appreciate about seriving us at 1 o'clock without sent a message before I go. The owner was very nice to us.He told me the location of the mall,the room facility etc. The bed is very big and comfortable also clean,the shower pressure was excellent.I great recommend to everyone who will visit Patong,Phuket.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
GlennSheffield, Owner at Absolute Guesthouse, responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2014

Thank you for your email. We are happy you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope you can stay with us again. Thanks again Glenn

There are newer reviews for Absolute Guesthouse

Reviewed January 11, 2014

I booked Absolute Guesthouse after reading previous reviews on Tripadvisor. I wasn't disappointed. The room provided all our basic needs including bottled water, which was restocked daily and House keeping cleaned our room to a high standard daily. The beds were comfortable and the shower pressure was excellent.
We booked all of our tours through Absolute Guesthouse at a very reasonable price. The pick up from the Tour operators were always punctual.
Absolute Guesthouse is only a 15 minute walk to Patong Beach and the shopping mall, with restaurants, 7 Eleven and pharmacy etc within close proximity.
It was nice to arrive back after a long day in the sun and heat and have a refreshing dip in the pool. Even though small it was clean and it served our purpose.
At reception we dealt with Glenn and Katai. Both were very obliging and you were always met with a smile.
The only thing I missed was coffee/tea making facilities in the room, as I like a coffee first thing after wake up.
Overall it was a great experience and I would definitely stay again and recommend it to travellers who like a clean, affordable and efficient Guesthouse.
A big thanks to all the team at Absolute Guesthouse!!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
GlennSheffield, Owner at Absolute Guesthouse, responded to this reviewResponded January 13, 2014

Thank you for your review. We are pleased you enjoyed your stay and we could help you with all your needs. It is also nice to know you thought we were clean, affordable and efficient. Regarding tea and coffee facilities you ask at reception and they will be put in your room. We hope you can stay again. Thanks again Glenn

Reviewed January 9, 2014

I have already recommended to my friends who will visit PHUKET soon of ABSOLUTE Guesthouse, this place makes me feel like going home everyday, the rooms are big and clean, very convenient and walkable to the central shopping market and seafood market, to be about 20 mintues walk to the Patong beach.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
GlennSheffield, Owner at Absolute Guesthouse, responded to this reviewResponded January 11, 2014

Thank you for your review and thank you for recommending us to your friends. We are really pleased we could take care of your needs and you thought we were like home. We hope you can visit us again. Thanks again Glenn

Reviewed January 7, 2014

Room
We stayed in the Superior Apartment Room for 3 weeks in December. The room was spacious and clean with plenty storage space. The air con was easy to control and worked very well. Within the kitchen area there was a microwave, kettle, toaster, sink, iron and crockery. The fridge was located underneath the TV. The English TV was great for days or nights in with plenty of new release movies. The bathroom was a large wetroom with a very powerful shower. The balcony again was large with two lounge chairs, a table with space still to move around. There is also an electronic safe in the room and free WiFi.

Location
The Guesthouse is located on Nanai Road and a perfect location for my trip. A 4 minute walk to the left of the Guesthouse takes to you to Donn's BBQ Bar which is great for drinks any night and the BBQ on a Sat/Sun. There is also a bank of 5 Thai restaurants which are all cheap (£) and tasty! Its a great place to go if you still want a night out but without the madness of Bangla Road. If you take a right from the Guesthouse you are a 7 min walk to the Jungceylon Centre where there is plentiful shops, bars and restaurants. Once you walk through the Jungceylon Centre which takes about 5 mins you reach the top of Bangla Road. Another 5 mins to walk down Bangla Road and you reach Patong Beach.

Hotel owner
Glenn and his staff were great. The housekeepers were polite, friendly and always smilling as were the Receptionists. When booking our tours to Phi Phi and James Bond he used companies where he had experienced the tour himself therefore he was able to give a detailed insight. He has a good working relationship with the tour companys he uses which gave me peace of mind. Glenn is very approachable and he will help you whenever he can.

Thanks again and hope to be back Aimee

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
GlennSheffield, Owner at Absolute Guesthouse, responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2014

Thank you for your review. We are really pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and that you would recommend to others to stay with us. It was a pleasure meeting you both and helping where we could. Thanks again Glenn

Reviewed December 26, 2013

The rooms are big and clean. I stayed 4 nights and it was serviced every day that I was there. Hot shower works well. Good location and motorbike taxis (guys in blue vests) are just across the guesthouse. There is a safe in the room. Nice little quaint pool to relax in if you want to be away from the madness of Patong beach. Would stay again.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
GlennSheffield, Owner at Absolute Guesthouse, responded to this reviewResponded December 28, 2013

Thank you for your review. We are so happy you thought we were fantastic. It is really nice to hear from a customer who thinks that. We hope you can stay again. Thanks again Glenn

Reviewed December 18, 2013

I booked two days at Absolute Guesthouse after doing some research online, it was some mixed reviews, but overall this guesthouse had good reviews and was very affordable, after the two days I decided to book my room for two more weeks.
The biggest problem I saw people complain about were the hard beds and loud A/C, but atleast for me it was not a problem at all, it might be however if you have problems sleeping. The location is about 10minutes from the shopping mall and another 5minutes from the beach. If you don't want to go to the beach they do have a swimmingpool behind the guesthouse, it is not the biggest, but it works. The guesthouse is located in a street which has plenty of resturants, I always got my breakfast from the bed and breakfast next door, but if I wanted to make my own food it was a small kitchen in my room for that.

The staff is very friendly and helpful, and are aways willing to help out however they can. If you are a first time traveler like me i would recommend taking advantage of the guesthouse' taxi service from the airport to the guesthouse. I didn't do this and it cost me 1500baht instead of the 900 the guesthouse offers.

Overall I think the guesthouse was very nice and affordable, and my time at the guesthouse gave me the perfect opportunity to recharge my batteries.

Room Tip: I only stayed in one room for my entire stay. it was a room facing the street on the 3rd floor (2nd...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
GlennSheffield, Owner at Absolute Guesthouse, responded to this reviewResponded December 24, 2013

Thank you for your review. We are pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and we could help with what ever you needed. We hope you can stay again. Thanks Glenn

Reviewed December 9, 2013

We only booked 5 days for the start of our holiday because of the reviews and was not dissapointed.
katai on the desk was fantastic and the owner glen could do not do enough for u. Cheap moped to rent, helps u out with any excursions u would like to do. Close enough to the beach and shops, and got a great nites sleep everynight so not too loud either.
only dissapointment was not being able to stay longer because he was fully booked.
wifi works perfect everywhere in the hotel, cable tv,air con, what more could u want for them rainy days.
Cant recommend this place enough.
even when we had to move hotels will still went back for glens advice.

thanks glen for making our stay in patong great.
Jay & charlotte.

• Stayed: November 2013
GlennSheffield, Owner at Absolute Guesthouse, responded to this reviewResponded December 10, 2013

Thank you for your review. We are really pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and we could help you with what you needed. We hope you can stay again. Thanks Glenn