“Recommend!”

Absolute Guesthouse
Ranked #5 of 415 Patong B&B and Inns
Reviewed January 9, 2014

I have already recommended to my friends who will visit PHUKET soon of ABSOLUTE Guesthouse, this place makes me feel like going home everyday, the rooms are big and clean, very convenient and walkable to the central shopping market and seafood market, to be about 20 mintues walk to the Patong beach.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
GlennSheffield, Owner at Absolute Guesthouse, responded to this reviewResponded January 11, 2014

Thank you for your review and thank you for recommending us to your friends. We are really pleased we could take care of your needs and you thought we were like home. We hope you can visit us again. Thanks again Glenn

Reviewed January 7, 2014

Room
We stayed in the Superior Apartment Room for 3 weeks in December. The room was spacious and clean with plenty storage space. The air con was easy to control and worked very well. Within the kitchen area there was a microwave, kettle, toaster, sink, iron and crockery. The fridge was located underneath the TV. The English TV was great for days or nights in with plenty of new release movies. The bathroom was a large wetroom with a very powerful shower. The balcony again was large with two lounge chairs, a table with space still to move around. There is also an electronic safe in the room and free WiFi.

Location
The Guesthouse is located on Nanai Road and a perfect location for my trip. A 4 minute walk to the left of the Guesthouse takes to you to Donn's BBQ Bar which is great for drinks any night and the BBQ on a Sat/Sun. There is also a bank of 5 Thai restaurants which are all cheap (£) and tasty! Its a great place to go if you still want a night out but without the madness of Bangla Road. If you take a right from the Guesthouse you are a 7 min walk to the Jungceylon Centre where there is plentiful shops, bars and restaurants. Once you walk through the Jungceylon Centre which takes about 5 mins you reach the top of Bangla Road. Another 5 mins to walk down Bangla Road and you reach Patong Beach.

Hotel owner
Glenn and his staff were great. The housekeepers were polite, friendly and always smilling as were the Receptionists. When booking our tours to Phi Phi and James Bond he used companies where he had experienced the tour himself therefore he was able to give a detailed insight. He has a good working relationship with the tour companys he uses which gave me peace of mind. Glenn is very approachable and he will help you whenever he can.

Thanks again and hope to be back Aimee

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
GlennSheffield, Owner at Absolute Guesthouse, responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2014

Thank you for your review. We are really pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and that you would recommend to others to stay with us. It was a pleasure meeting you both and helping where we could. Thanks again Glenn

Reviewed December 26, 2013

The rooms are big and clean. I stayed 4 nights and it was serviced every day that I was there. Hot shower works well. Good location and motorbike taxis (guys in blue vests) are just across the guesthouse. There is a safe in the room. Nice little quaint pool to relax in if you want to be away from the madness of Patong beach. Would stay again.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
GlennSheffield, Owner at Absolute Guesthouse, responded to this reviewResponded December 28, 2013

Thank you for your review. We are so happy you thought we were fantastic. It is really nice to hear from a customer who thinks that. We hope you can stay again. Thanks again Glenn

Reviewed December 18, 2013

I booked two days at Absolute Guesthouse after doing some research online, it was some mixed reviews, but overall this guesthouse had good reviews and was very affordable, after the two days I decided to book my room for two more weeks.
The biggest problem I saw people complain about were the hard beds and loud A/C, but atleast for me it was not a problem at all, it might be however if you have problems sleeping. The location is about 10minutes from the shopping mall and another 5minutes from the beach. If you don't want to go to the beach they do have a swimmingpool behind the guesthouse, it is not the biggest, but it works. The guesthouse is located in a street which has plenty of resturants, I always got my breakfast from the bed and breakfast next door, but if I wanted to make my own food it was a small kitchen in my room for that.

The staff is very friendly and helpful, and are aways willing to help out however they can. If you are a first time traveler like me i would recommend taking advantage of the guesthouse' taxi service from the airport to the guesthouse. I didn't do this and it cost me 1500baht instead of the 900 the guesthouse offers.

Overall I think the guesthouse was very nice and affordable, and my time at the guesthouse gave me the perfect opportunity to recharge my batteries.

Room Tip: I only stayed in one room for my entire stay. it was a room facing the street on the 3rd floor (2nd...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
GlennSheffield, Owner at Absolute Guesthouse, responded to this reviewResponded December 24, 2013

Thank you for your review. We are pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and we could help with what ever you needed. We hope you can stay again. Thanks Glenn

Reviewed December 9, 2013

We only booked 5 days for the start of our holiday because of the reviews and was not dissapointed.
katai on the desk was fantastic and the owner glen could do not do enough for u. Cheap moped to rent, helps u out with any excursions u would like to do. Close enough to the beach and shops, and got a great nites sleep everynight so not too loud either.
only dissapointment was not being able to stay longer because he was fully booked.
wifi works perfect everywhere in the hotel, cable tv,air con, what more could u want for them rainy days.
Cant recommend this place enough.
even when we had to move hotels will still went back for glens advice.

thanks glen for making our stay in patong great.
Jay & charlotte.

• Stayed: November 2013
GlennSheffield, Owner at Absolute Guesthouse, responded to this reviewResponded December 10, 2013

Thank you for your review. We are really pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and we could help you with what you needed. We hope you can stay again. Thanks Glenn

Reviewed December 6, 2013 via mobile

Awesome place! Located about 15 min walk from patong beach and Bangla road so it's not too hectic. Lots of food stalls around and Jungceylon as well as Bazaan night market are all on the way to Patong so there's heaps of options for food and anything else you might need.

Rooms are clean and well organised with a safe inside, fridge and tv. Glenn and Lily were extremely helpful, answering many questions I had when I arrived (and for Glenn, even ones beforehand by email), helping me book day trip tours to the islands, helping me book a mini van back to the airport as well as recommending good food and massage places nearby.

At a bargain price, there's nothing more you can ask for from this place!

• Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank Michael L
GlennSheffield, Owner at Absolute Guesthouse, responded to this reviewResponded December 7, 2013

Thank you for your very kind review. Its a real pleasure to help someone who appreciates us back. We hope you can stay again. Thanks Glenn

Reviewed December 3, 2013 via mobile

This place is pretty good for what you pay. I won't go into the details of all the positive aspects of it, of which there are many, as many commenters below have pointed them out.

Essentially the only suggestions I would have would be that the bed felt weirdly lumpy and hard (but I never brought it up with the staff and I'm sure they would have been accommodating if I had). Other than that, most of the staff are great, except for one receptionist who didn't have very good English at all. I certainly don't travel to other countries with the expectation that people speak my language, however, it did make it difficult when we tried to ask some things about taxis and the checkout time. I was also surprised that the reception was open for so few hours; we just came
From Malaysia where even the smallest hostels had 24 hour reception. That said, it could be something that's just different about Thailand.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
GlennSheffield, Owner at Absolute Guesthouse, responded to this reviewResponded December 3, 2013

Thank you for your email. We are happy you had a good stay and you thought we were great value for money. We are sorry you thought reception was not open long but as stated on our website we open 10am and close 9pm and we open for pre arranged check ins any time. We hope you can stay again. Thanks Glenn

Also consider these accommodations in or near Patong
Breezotel
#1 of 66 in Kata Beach
The Wave Boutique Hotel
The Wave Boutique Hotel
#201 of 331 in Patong

Been to Absolute Guesthouse? Share your experiences!