“Value for money is good”
Review of PS Hill Resort

PS Hill Resort
Ranked #27 of 221 Specialty Lodging in Patong
“Value for money is good”
Reviewed July 5, 2013 via mobile

Nice place nice experience for me
Am there on my honeymoon they upgraded the room for me for free
As for location it's perfect if you rent a scooter if not and you want to be next to the action not the best place but they have a free shutter bus service for patong beach
And yea regarding the breakfast yea it's true as other people said limited but I guess for money it's ok

• Stayed June 2013

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
  • Polish first
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed June 17, 2013

I stayed here with my family of four and this suited us quite well. I liked this resort, as the facilities were quite good and the everything was accessible. The resort was quite close to Patong beach, and from there to Jungceylon was only about 5-10 minutes. The shuttle bus service was irregular, but was quite prompt. When we needed to go to the Siam Niramit show, it was only about 30 minutes from the resort to there. Overall, great service even though the receptionists didn't speak a lot of English. I would definitely come here again, when I visit Patong.

Room Tip: If you want a room that is quite, choose a room that is further away from the road, as there is less...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Paris, France
Reviewed June 16, 2013

I have stayed one week at this resort last May, I'm staying again in August. This is a very good resort, located just 1km away from Junceylon and Bangla Road / City centre (only 5 mn with free shuttle or rental motorcycle). The resort is quiet, the rooms are large, the beds very comfortable, the AC efficient and silent. Here's an hotel where you can have a good night sleep ! The swimming pool is large, the buffet breakfast is ok. Staff and service fine. Excellent value for money.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Willy F
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed March 27, 2013

My family and I stayed at this resort for 7 days in March. Its a great resort just out of patong but still close enough to access it. They have a free shuttle which was so handy to get to juncelyon shopping centre or Patong beach and it saves a bit of money on taxis. Its up in the hill so its also a bit cooler at night with a bit of a breeze. I stayed in the deluxe room which was clean, modern and spacious. The pool is fantastic, large and clean with plenty of sunbeds. Breakfast was was choice of eggs etc and buffet breakfast of fruit, cakes, yogurt, juice- lovely and plenty. I do have to warn you that if you are elderly or have small children make sure you request rooms near the pool. My room even though it was lovely was up the top of the hill and you needed to climb around 30-40 steps to reach it with no hand rail so one slip and you could have a nasty accident. Other than this it really is a relaxing, quiet and value for money resort. I would stay again

Room Tip: Higher floors are cooler at night but there are stairs to climb
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Giselle M
Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Hotelroom and breakfast excellent how ever for disabelled people or older people a very steep hill toclim to get at your room. People at reception speaks hardly English. Swimmingpool good. And the hotel is just from the hectically of patong beach.

Room Tip: The top rooms can only be reached by een very steep hill or by 56 stept by stair and 2 steep hill. T...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 15, 2012

PS Hill Resort @ Sirirat Road
Rooms - I stayed for 7 nights and the rooms are rather spacious with minimum facilities. I booked 2 rooms supposingly with LCD TV but only got a room with LCD TV. The staff told me that not all rooms have LCD TV. Rather disappointed.
Breakfast - Rather simple with not many choices ie: either American B/F or fried / porridge with 1 servings/person and a mini buffet of cakes, yogults, oats, fruits and drinks (Don't expect a sumptious buffet from this hotel).
Minibus service - They provide minibus service to the beach and Jungceylon on scheduled timings but this is rather awkward as it don't run hourly.
Language - Reception speak rather very simple English and I managed to mixed Thai language and speak with them.
Outdoor pool - The only PLUS+ point for this resort - clean, nice and beautiful.
My personal experience with this hotel is that it lacks personal touch of humanity and generosity as they will charge for every extra service when you need it. There was a day when it rains quite heavily and my family miss the scheduled bus service, when we asked them whether they could kindly just drive us outside to the junction of Sirirat Road which is about a minute drive, the told us we have to pay for the service @ 50baht person. When we asked for extra pillow, they also wanted to charge us @ 200baht per day. During our breakfast, we understand from them that the main course is only 1 serving per person which is not really filling and any extra serving will be charge @ 200baht per serving. As my 2 children wanted to have the yogult in the rooms, they told us we could only consume it at the restaurant or will have to pay for it. We are not abusing the privilege of taking many yogult and keep it but just 1 each for them. My daughter also find their mineral water served at the restaurant rather cute and small and wanted to take 1 to the rooms but was again told to have it there. She has no choice but to finish the mini mineral water and get to keep the bottle. Why can't they exercised flexibility in this case.
This is not the first time I am travelling to Patong Phuket with my family as we have been there for the last 10-years or so and experiencing different hotels. This will be my first and also my last stay in this resort.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
5 Thank StewartCg
Hobart
Reviewed September 19, 2012

We enjoyed our spacious room and small terrace area. The grounds are attractive, and quite expansive with pleasant hillside views on one side but some rather glaring purple appartments detract a little on the other. Our luggage was taken to the room in the hotel's small tuktuk which saved staff a rather long walk.

It certainly was a quiet oasis away from the full on central Patong area and it was really relaxing swimming in the large, clean pool looking out to the greenery and tropical plants.
There is a small dining area near reception for breakfast but there were no evening meals available but could be ordered from the sister P.S resort in town which are then delivered to the Hill Resort.
The staff were very helpful and had umbrellas for us during a period of very rainy weather.
Much as we enjoyed the peaceful ambiance, the Resort is a little far away from restaurants and it was quite a long walk into town.
During our stay the hotel shuttle was not fully operational.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple