“Very frustrating!”

Cuisines: Barbecue, Mexican, Seafood, Thai
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed September 7, 2013

Initial impression wasn't good, as the place looks rather tatty. But then I thought, every roadside cafe I've eaten in in Mexico looked tatty, so I guess there's a certain authenticity there...

The menu is substantial, with plenty of variety. Unfortunately, both of the things I ordered were unavailable, which really irritates me. In particular, don't claim to do Mexican food if you have no guacamole - it's a pre-requisite!

The Bloody Mary was excellent, chicken sate OK and the crab chimichanga alright, if a littlebland.

Will try again when I'm in the mood for ribs, see if they can redeem themselves...

1  Thank 69ingBishop

Reviewed January 14, 2013

I found this place on the way to Karon beach and then ate lunch there 2 days in a row. Even took a Thai GF to eat there and she liked it. They had had amzing taco plate that included 2 tacos and beans and rice. Add on tacos for 29baht.

The service was very friendly and she was so happy to see me back the next day. I would for sure return when I come back without hesitation.

1  Thank Jay R
Reviewed August 27, 2012

Was disappointed when I came back to the restaurant hoping for happy hour only to realize they moved! It's now located on the road to Karon, across from Le Meridien. A new restaurant has taken over their old space and when I asked them initially if they were still BBQ Hut, they said yes. I think they were a bit confused or were hoping I'd try them out instead.

Too bad. May visit the new location next time.

Reviewed June 7, 2012

You can't beat 99BHT margaritas. Especially when it's potent. Came here twice but my first visit wasn't that astounding...a second visit to quench my thirsty need for tequila brought me here again and that was when I found out I came just in time for happy hour tacos. Definitely worth it for happy hour.

Reviewed May 12, 2012

I just got back from 6 months in Thailand and3 month were in Patong Beach. BBQ Hut was the first place I ate (steak dinner) and I was back anlmost every day for something even if it was just one of their margritas. I found BBQ Hut serving nothing perfectly but everything well. Prices were very good considering being in Patong Beach. The staff were unreal as they were helpful in every way. They connected me with a good hotel (Cozy Hill) a scooter to rent and they have a good massage business attached to their restaurant. When I go back it will be one of my first stops. Thanks BBQ Hut :-)