“Mexican done right”

Dining options: Late Night
Albufeira, Portugal
“Mexican done right”
Reviewed January 14, 2013

I found this place on the way to Karon beach and then ate lunch there 2 days in a row. Even took a Thai GF to eat there and she liked it. They had had amzing taco plate that included 2 tacos and beans and rice. Add on tacos for 29baht.

The service was very friendly and she was so happy to see me back the next day. I would for sure return when I come back without hesitation.

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank Jay R

Rancho Palos Verdes, California
“No longer near Patong Beach”
Reviewed August 27, 2012

Was disappointed when I came back to the restaurant hoping for happy hour only to realize they moved! It's now located on the road to Karon, across from Le Meridien. A new restaurant has taken over their old space and when I asked them initially if they were still BBQ Hut, they said yes. I think they were a bit confused or were hoping I'd try them out instead.

Too bad. May visit the new location next time.

Visited August 2012
Rancho Palos Verdes, California
“Happy hour”
Reviewed June 7, 2012

You can't beat 99BHT margaritas. Especially when it's potent. Came here twice but my first visit wasn't that astounding...a second visit to quench my thirsty need for tequila brought me here again and that was when I found out I came just in time for happy hour tacos. Definitely worth it for happy hour.

Visited April 2012
Winnipeg, Canada
“Family run”
Reviewed May 12, 2012

I just got back from 6 months in Thailand and3 month were in Patong Beach. BBQ Hut was the first place I ate (steak dinner) and I was back anlmost every day for something even if it was just one of their margritas. I found BBQ Hut serving nothing perfectly but everything well. Prices were very good considering being in Patong Beach. The staff were unreal as they were helpful in every way. They connected me with a good hotel (Cozy Hill) a scooter to rent and they have a good massage business attached to their restaurant. When I go back it will be one of my first stops. Thanks BBQ Hut :-)

• Visited February 2012
Amphoe Muang Phuket, Phuket, Thailand
“What an awful experience...”
Reviewed April 7, 2012

We ve been living on phuket for over 2 years and never tried a place more disgusting than this. Everything is wrong here from location and cleanliness till the oversalted food served without forks and knives and salad dressing offered till asked... Well...even in veery cheap thai places i ve never seen anything like this. Dirty menu cards with a very limited variety of bbq food so the menu doesnt correspond to the name of this hut-cafe, sorry, cant call it a restaurant. Plastic knives, aged rice, the food looks far from appealing. Add The worst variety of patong smells from outside which makes it hard to eat the food served. Glad we havent made a big order there as we usually do in other places. Hope we are ok after this awful experience. Never be back again or advise this to our friends. Shocked that so many people have written so many positive reviews about this place. The place is a great disappointment and tastes exactly like it looks... And everywhere they remember you not to forget the tips but hey tips must be deserved. Hope my review will help other people like us not to be misled and avoid this place.

• Visited April 2012