“Great Service”

Casa Del M, Patong Beach
Ranked #84 of 328 Hotels in Patong
Reviewed July 11, 2014

We booked Casa del M using scoopon and will be staying for 10 days . I was impressed with the prompt service when reserving our preferred dates and Kim from reservation was very efficient. the deal is excellent value and we are assured of a great holiday.

Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Casa Del M, Patong Beach

Reviewed July 10, 2014

Got a 5 stay Reservation in August 2014 here at this hotel - The reservation people Like Kim has been helping me here back in Australia - Rooms looks great - the place looks peaceful - I just wait to meet these people like Kim - Have highly recommend this hotel to others.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 6, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here over New Years and were slightly disappointed with a few aspects. Although our room was large, I thought the room had lots of wear and tear, it was not clean or equip with usual things such as soap. When the room was cleaned each day the only thing done was the bed which is uncommon for an accommodation with a daily room cleaning service. As our stay was over NYE the shuttle bus service was unavailable for a few days which was very annoying. This also meant we need to pay for taxis to and from the city which were 300-400 baht one way for a tuktuk! Staff were very friendly however, English was quite limited. The buffet breakfast was simple but nice. On a few occasions we enjoyed the lovely beauty and massage place which is part of the hotel. In terms of location I think it is far. Tuktuks are expensive in Phuket and we needed it to get to most places. On many occasions we were also refused a lift due to the location and traffic. The beach closest to the resort is about a 15 min and stunning. Overall an average stay.

• Stayed: January 2014
Reviewed July 3, 2014

As this was my first time visiting Thailand, I did not know what kind of standards to expect. I was more than happy with my stay here. The building and rooms are beautiful. The service was fantastic, the staff are so friendly, and the english guy in the lobby who is there to help with tours, trips, general advice was just great, and an added extra. Im am a very picky and plain eater, the breakfast on offer was lovely. Have highly recommened this hotel to others.

Room Tip: There is an older building block, which was under construction when we stayed, we had a sneaky peek...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Louise27789
Reviewed June 18, 2014

Having my first night of my business trip to Phuket, A friend of mine booked this Casa del M hotel for me to stay. I checked in quite late at night with my exhausted body and soul after a long day of meeting and reception party. The room was a superior room with a huge balcony, of which I enjoyed in the next morning since you can see both view of Patong City and the Andaman Seascape. The Bed Quality was quite comfortable but more of softness would make it best. The room size was very spacy, the bath room was big yet a bit dark cos no window light coming in at all. The service people was pleasant with a nice standard. The morning breakfast was very simple yet clean and the portion was awesome. Although the hotel is in midst of the clouded place like Patong Area of Phuket, the hotel atmosphere was so peaceful and very relaxing. Somehow, the only one thing that bothered me was some of the amenities might need to upgrade. However, The Price during this time of the year was cheap, very cheap so as a traveller, you can safe your money to spend on some other excursion activities ( lots of them in Phuket). The location is easy to access from the main street of Patong. If you have budget limitation and require a good and peaceful place to sleep in, this hotel may suit your need.

Room Tip: Asking for a room with nice view of both Patong and the Ocean from the balcony
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed June 18, 2014

Casa Del M... Where do you start ???

DO NOT TAKE THEIR WEB SITE AT FACE VALUE !!!

Firstly... the buildings look great.
Secondly... the staff are very friendly & helpful. From the front desk, to the breakfast area & upstairs to the restaurant on the 5th floor, they were wonderful. They remembered breakfast preferences, helped when the toaster ‘died’, and were generally attentive.

Unfortunately that is where the praise ends...

The 1st room... (on 4th floor – with views)
They had been doing some repairs to the ceiling just inside the door. The shelving there was still covered with plaster dust, as was the spare pillows on the shelves. The bathroom, just off this area, was also dirty with plaster dust.

The bed spread (doona cover) had holes on both top & underside, and the underside also had 2 massive rips in it.

The much flouted ‘hi-speed wi-fi’ didn’t reach this room, even though there was a wi-fi extender on the floor (down the end of the corridor near the lifts)

When I complained & requested another room, the duty manager then called the housekeeping manager & discussed the issue. (I guess... I don’t understand the Thai language)

They obviously decided just to clean those areas & change the bed linen. Another employee from housekeeping arrived & started to clean the plaster dust from the entryway. The housekeeping manager then proceeded to clean the bathroom, however she spent more time folding our plastic bags than cleaning.

They didn’t replace the dust covered pillows until I asked them to.

When I said that there wasn’t any wi-fi, the housekeeping manager told me to use the wi-fi in the lobby. As I’m a light sleeper, there was no way that was going to happen at 4 o’clock in the morning.

The next day I again asked for a room change, and was offered the 2nd floor (no views). I declined. The following day (third day in hotel) we were advised that we were going to be moved to another room on the 4th floor.

The 2nd Room:

Wasn’t much better...
The door didn’t close properly... it caught on the floor & would remain open unless shoved shut.
The toilet seat was adrift (fixed the next day after I alerted housekeeping).
The drains smelt, and the ‘overflow’ from the wash basin was blocked. The stench from that drain was overpowering.
The ceiling in front of the air-condition vent was very mouldy.

At this point I decided to just ‘give up’.

Upside was that wi-fi was now accessible. (Wheeee!!!)

Areas of concern...

1. 1 key per room Policy.
A request for a second key is flatly refused. They insist that you leave the key at reception when you go out... I have no problem with that, if ALL the people in your room go out at the same time.

However, one day I stayed behind to have a sleep. I kept the key in order to have the air-con running. When my partner returned, he had to bang on the door & wake me up in order to get back in to the room. NOT HAPPY.

All hotel key tags not only have the hotel name on it, but also the room#. No chance of security if the key is lost or misplaced.

2. The lobby & downstairs restaurant (breakfast & lunch area)
This area isn’t enclosed & isn’t air-conditioned. Be prepared to eat any meal in a hot stifling atmosphere. If you wish to get out of your room & just relax... don’t. The heat isn’t bearable, so go sit in your air-conditioned room.

3. The swimming pool... (on level 2)
Looks great at first glance... all pool-side rooms on level 2 have private access to the pool, with stairs off their balconies.

HOWEVER... the main pool is 1.5 metres deep & THERE AREN’T ANY STAIRS IN OR OUT FROM THE PUBLIC SEATING AREA.
It is therefore not children safe, nor is it accessible for anyone with a disability, or the elderly.

The decking is rotting & feels unsafe to walk on, and whilst the web site shows about 15 deck chairs, there are actually only 5.

4. Beds...
They are the hardest beds we have ever slept on (in spite of the web site claim ‘fitted with some of the most comfortable beds in the world’). My back ended up soo sore that I could hardly walk.

The web site also states, ‘You can even select the best fit for your sleepy head from the M Pillow Menu’. Not sure where this ‘menu’ was, but we didn’t see it in the room info.

5. Bathroom linen...
During our 8 day stay, not once did we get towels that didn’t have the ends frayed. The floor mat, hand towels & washers were also soo old that they had holes in them. Several times as I wrung out a face washer, I tore them. Hand towels also met the same fate.

6. The restaurant on the 5th floor
Whilst the web site clearly shows table cloths, there wasn’t 1 to be seen. Also at night be sure to take you mobile phone, as the lighting in the outdoor balcony area is non-existent & you will need the light from the phone to read the menu, and to then see what you’re eating.

7. Transfers down to Patong
The web site states ‘5 times free shuttle service to Patong area daily’. This is correct... however the ‘free shuttle service’ is in the back of a 1 tonne ute, surrounded by a ‘roofed cattle crate’. No comfort by any stretch of the imagination, but serviceable.

In general...
The web site is a MAJOR exaggeration of the actual reality. Obviously the pics were taken when the building was new (4 years ago). Maintenance seems to be a non-event.

The ‘penny-pinching’ management style at this hotel is clearly obvious. There is no thought given to maintenance, and the state of disrepair belies the age of the new building (4 years)

We will NEVER go back to this hotel... and will NEVER recommend it to any friends or associates who intend to visit Patong.

Room Tip: Chose another hotel
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
3  Thank Greg1812
Reviewed May 31, 2014

We stayed at Casa for a week at the end of May, and enjoyed our stay there. Staff very friendly and we had a really good room. Our deluxe room on the top floor looked over Patong from the balcony and over the hills from the side window. Very light and spacious. I can imagine that some of the rooms on the lower floor, facing the pool, may be darker. Good breakfast ... although aimed more at Asian tastes, with lots of fresh fruit and salad and fresh omelettes if requested. Only downside is the distance from the beach ... 20 - 30 mins to Bangla Road. Free shuttle gets you there but one way only. We used to pool every day and had it to ourselves most days. One snag ... there is no ladder to climb out of the pool, unless you have a poolside room. Used the hotel restaurant most nights ... Good food and good value with a panoramic night time view of Patong from the roof. Recommended! Alan.

Room Tip: Top front deluxe rooms are refurbished.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple