Arriving at this hotel was very nice it has a very modern feel. Checking in was very efficient (low occupancy I think they were waiting for us) They only provide x1 key per room which poses a problem for us as we often require 2 keys when we travel. When a 2nd key was requested it was refused. The reception staff showed little enthusiasm or had no skills in service.
As I travel often to Thailand, I have over the years managed to learn a little bit of Thai. Usually I find a way to communicate very well. In this hotel I felt I was wasting my time as the staff were not interested. The breakfast had little to choose from (maybe due to low occupancy) eggs ordered were always cooked nicely. The abundance of staff just stood around looking at each other. Again...... with a little staff training, I am sure the whole breakfast experience would be improved immensely. Even with all the staff standing around no tea or coffee was offered it was self serve (would not recommend anyway)
As per one of the other reviews. The bar staff on the 5th floor are great,(Tim Tam) they looked after us. The sunset & night view of Patong Beach from the 5th Floor is also wonderful.
Talking about bars, there is a bar in the lobby which is in the breakfast dinning area. Fans or some form of air circulation is needed for you to want to sit there for a pre-dinner drink. The Pool bar, again the staff working there need a little bit of training in PR skills. If you are into music videos most of the bars can play requests which can bring some atmosphere.
Scooters can be hired direct from the lobby which is handy as the walk to the main action of Patong is about 20min.I think if you are traveling in a large group and you want to take over the place it would be a great place to stay. People wanting to meet other people or enjoy a pool side atmosphere I think should stay somewhere else. We stayed in a pool access room which was very nice the only problem was there was no privacy the room needs sheer curtains. You had two options be open to the whole pool area or have your curtains closed which are heavy duty full sun blockout. The showers have wonderful pressure and the rooms are very clean.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A new, modern tropical boutique retreat equipped with the latest innovations in travel technology, Casa Del M Resort is a stylish sanctuary of contemporary Thai hospitality near Patong Beach in Phuket, Thailand. Experience excellent service in a tranquil and secluded hillside location, all within walking distance of the beach and Phuket’s most vibrant night entertainment venues. Casa Del M Resort is the perfect setting for a modern romance, where couples can indulge in the intimacy offered by the sensual surroundings, and enjoy each other’s company in exotic privacy. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Cancelon, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Casa Del M, Patong Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Del m, Patong Beach Hotel Patong
- Casa Del M, Patong Beach Phuket