“Casa Del M”

Ranked #84 of 322 Hotels in Patong
Chiang Mai, Thailand
“Casa Del M”
Reviewed November 26, 2012

Casa Del M Resort or as the locals call it M Resort was perfect for us it's a little away from the hustle and bustle of Patong but still close enough for the night life, all the taxis and tuk tuks know where it is. We had 2 pools great restuarant and great service all round. Special mention to Christine on Reception and Joy who books the tours and owns the day spa they have excellent english and are very helpful. Ford, Jon and Toto were fantastic as well very eager to learn english and help in anyway possible although Jon no longer is working there. Taxis and tuk tuks try to charge you a bit extra because its up bit of a hill but if you keep shopping around eventually you will find one, prices are about 200 baht for 2, 250 for 3-4 and about 300 for up to 7 and this is from Bangla rd or Jungceylon shopping centre. Alot of the time if there were only 3-4 we would just call the taxi at the hotel on his direct mobile and he would come pick us up for 200 Baht. They do have a courtesy bus, truck that drops off around 7am,9,11,13pm,15,17 at Jungceylon shopping centre or the beach end of Bangla rd and pick up at 9.20am etc past from beach end of Bangla rd. The only thing that could make this hotel better is if they had 2 more drop offs and pick ups say around 7 and 9 pm. Breakfast was included and there was more than enough to choose from but guilty i am of going and buying a jar of Vegemite from there supermarket at Junceylon shopping centre yes vegemite i was most excited when i seen they sold it bit of a bonus :-). For a 3 star hotel we received excellent service and would defianatly stay again.

Room Tip: we had room 2201 right beside pool, nice large room and quiet bathroom could be a little cleaner as...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Indonesian first
  • Thai first
Reviewed November 23, 2012 via mobile

A friend and I stayed at the Casa Del M for 5 nights after being changed from the Baan Yuree and we absolutely loved it!
Our room was spacious and clean, bathroom was huge and clean and we enjoyed the view from our room which overlooked the pool and the mountain area.
We knew the hotel was up the hill from the beach and enjoyed the 10 minute walk. Otherwise we would catch a taxi!
The rooftop restaurant had breathtaking views and excellent service.
Breakfast was adequate!
The wifi did not work 100% of the time which was dissapointing and that was the only negative that affected us.
If you want something beach front then pay the extra to stay there but we enjoyed our stay away from the hustle and bustle!
The staff also had excellent english and were so friendly. A special mention to Joy, Christine and Toom Tam.
I also had the best massage of my life at the spa!
This place had everything I needed. Thank you !

• Stayed November 2012
4 Thank Travelchick92
Albury, Australia
Reviewed November 19, 2012

I had originally booked in the Baan Yuree resort but 7days before I was to leave it was changed to this resort.I did not how good it would be but I'm quite happy with it.The best point and worst point about this resort was the distance from the centre of Patong.The night view from the restaurant is beautiful,the rooms were spacious,the facilities were modern,the breakfast was average +.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank philos11
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed November 16, 2012

Stayed November 2012.... 10 nights. My booking with ezystays was changed from Baan Yuree because of sewage problems. This was conveyed to me 2 days before I left. My new accomodation was Casa Del M Resort. My friend at work who leaves on 19/11/12 was told 2 months ago that her accomodation was changed from Baan Yuree to Casa Del M due to sewage problems. The staff do not understand english, Staying 10 nights and a room overlooking the pool, the pool was not cleaned until the morning I left. No soap/tea/coffee or milk in room. Bathroom was dirty and in need of a good clean, stains on the floor and mould growing in shower.No information in room regarding services at hotel. Breakfast very ordinary, tables not wiped after guests finished, not a lot of clearing away of dirty dishes. Confirming my departure time (11am) with Ezystay the day before. On the day of my departure I have a phone call to my room at 10 am saying they are ready to pick me up now. I rushed down with my suitcase and was told he couldn't wait for me. I asked why the change and nobody letting me know, nobody could explain, he did come back and picked me up at 10.40.am. The extras (scuba diving and show) that came with the scoopon were never offered, no where to be seen. Very very poor service.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
4 Thank kerry m
Gosford, New South Wales, Australia
Reviewed November 16, 2012

Not sure where to start, i had problems with Eazystay 3 weeks before leaving, but after finally talking to someone of importance i was reasured my stay at Baan Yuree was 100% booked, confirmed no dramas. What a joke i arrived at Bann Yuree at 7pm to be told i had been moved to Casa Del M without notice. Waiting in the lobby for 20 min for someone to come get me. I got here in one peice after carrying my own luggage and opening the car door myself, waiting for someone to tell me what was going on, they finally showed me to my room, what a joke i would not spend a single dollar to sleep there it was small dirt and no where near the holiday i was expecting, after talking to multiple front of house ladies i was moved to a pool access room and was told to sort my problem with the ezystay rep in the morning. He was not helpfull at all infact only made myself and my partner mader the more he spoke, he lied threw his teeth not knowing that we knew more then we let on. Returning to our room we started to notice things like a bath room that looks like it has never seen a scrubing brush, a bed that may as well been made out of stone and a tv that had static threw every chanel bar 2, we remained hopefull but should not of bothered. There was only a had full of staff who really seemed to want to be there besides that it was a waiste of money and i would not ever recomend anyone to stay here!!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Nicole M
Shellharbour, Australia
Reviewed November 15, 2012

This was an " OurDeal " so i didn't know what to expect. Well we could not fault it in any way.We new the hotel was away from the beach but that was our choice so it would be quiet at night. The room was so big with a king bed and a Queen single in it and there was plenty of room for another two Queen beds.The beds are hard for some people but we stayed hear nine nights and had no trouble with them . The food was enjoyed by both of us the prices were good so we ate often in the restaurant and our room.To sum it up we are looking at going back there for another holiday.

Room Tip: We found the fourth floor the best
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed November 12, 2012

Fisrlt the staff. There english was great and the were always happy to help out. The resurant on the rooftop views are spectacular and the food and price are very good. they actually have 2 pools which we splashed in. The hotel is on the hill but with the free shuttle going regularly it was fine

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple