“Just fantastic”

Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Geelong, Australia
“Just fantastic”
Reviewed April 11, 2014

Greeted by owner with such a welcome, enthusiastic, bubbly Sawadee ka !!!!! This highly rated (Tripadvisor) restaurant has moved from the inner busy Patong throng to up the hill near the entrance to Patong Neach. Large, very clean and worth the taxi ride up there. It's a case of 'build it and they will come' as people were turning up to this now out of the way place .... because the food is great. For about $15 per head we had drinks and 3 courses. Highly recommend.

2 Thank Rosemary F
junphenp, เจ้าของธุรกิจ at Poo Nurntong Restaurant, responded to this review, April 16, 2014
Thank you for your review and came to my restaurant. In the future if you have chance for comeback to Phuket, I hope to see you again at Poo Nurntong Restaurant. And the last, If anything wrong I Apologize and I will do to improve for the better. :)

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Dakar
“Excellent off-the-beaten-track dining”
Reviewed April 9, 2014

We had a short trip to Patong, but this was the best food we ate while here. Very warm welcome and dynamite food. Recommend having the taxi driver call to find exact location. It's not far from the main drag of Patong beach, but other reviewers mentioned getting lost and we had no issues after simply giving the taxi driver the number to check. Highly recommend it. Great view, great service, and great food.

Brisbane, Australia
“Great Thai, Great service, Great View, Great experience”
Reviewed April 8, 2014

We took our family of six to Poo's restaurant, it was by far the best and cheapest Thai Food we have eaten whlst in Patong. The Spring Rolls and Satay Chicken are a must for a starter, the Pad Thai was the best we have eaten and the Fried Banana and Pineapple are a great way to finish the meal. Drinks are well priced, A Tuk Tuk ride should only cost you 300 baht, so with the Tuk Tuk each way and delicous meal, you will pay no more than dining in mainstream Patong Beach area. We are going back again before we leave, Ms Poo is very welcoming and tops off the experience. Finding a Tuk Tuk driver who knows the restaurant may be a challenge, have the address and when on Soi Kuan Yang, look for the sign with a steep driveway off to the left..... a must try for all visitors to Patong

bristol
“Worth finding for genuine thai food!”
Reviewed April 4, 2014 via mobile

I always use trip advisor and trust it completely. This restaurant is tucked out of the way, and as previous review stated, it is best to ring and get your taxi driver to speak to them for directions. Poo is such a great hostess and you cannot fail to be charmed by her warmth towards her customers. The food is lovely, and the location quiet. I only wish that I was more hungry when we went there so that I could eat more. Prices are very fair too. Go eat there!!

1 Thank ashthetourist

Ibiza, Spain
“Easily the best food on my trip so far”
Reviewed April 2, 2014

Phuket is a deceiving land of varying degrees of contrast.

In the land of food, Patong specifically almost fails in every aspect.

But every now and then you discover a hidden gem that your average bangla road junkie would overlook so easily.

Poo Nurntong is tucked away a good 10 minutes drive from the Graceland Resort and Spa just off patong beach.

On the first night I asked the driver about this place and we ended up getting lost so i gave up.

On the second night I decided to give the driver the contact number of the restaurant so they can talk.

It can be quite difficult to find and surprisingly many of the local drivers do not know that it exists. For this reason I would highly recommend you ask your driver to contact the restaurant to get specific details:

These are the details I give to the driver and ask them to contact the restaurant for details:
2/106 Soi Khuanyang, Kathu, Phuket, Thailand 83150
phone number to call: 080 144 5722

Give them this information and you will find it no problem.

We were greeted by the owner 'Poo' that is the true epitome of the Thai culture I had come to experience: warm, fuzzy, ever so gracious and a downright amazing host.

We ordered at least 12 dishes to sample the best of all that was on offer. Ask Poo and she will give you some solid recommendations on what to try.

As an entree the spring rolls and satay chicken are a must - they are unlike any of the crappy stuff you would eat back home. This restaurant is true to the family style dining and the ambience that goes along with it.

I can't fault the food at all. It was absolutely delicious and easily the best thai food i had on the island (and possibly anywhere else in the world).

I would also recommend the lemon drink. It is absolutely fabulous.

I would highly recommend this restaurant to anyone that wants to taste a touch of thailand away from the craziness and dirtiness that patong/bangla is known for.

It is worth the trip in a taxi if you are seeking an authentic meal.

Poo is a gracious host and the friendliness is genuine.

Thanks for a great evening.

3 Thank George M