Wyndham Sea Pearl Resort Phuket
  • Room Service
  • Restaurant
Memory 2(Patong)
1,083 results
All reviewsevery hourshuttle busjacuzzi on the balconyrobin leepatong beachdeluxe suitetuk tukshuttle serviceliving roomresort phuketseafood buffetegg stationfree upgradejungceylon mallpool accessthe hustle and bustlevilla
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 3, 2014

I stayed with my wife for 4 nights at sea pearl villa. It was the worst experience we have ever had. This hotel is highly over priced with no good reason. We arrived on thursday night, there was no airport pickup arranged for us after paying 300++ $ per night. After reaching hotel there was no room kept ready for us and we had to wait for an hour to get one. The jacuzzi in the balcony doesn't has the warm water and is not covered from anywhere, hence no privacy. So you may end up not using it at all. The housekeeping doesn't clean the room fully, the fruit plate served on day 1 was lying on the table till the time we checked out. There were no soaps given after day 1 and we used our own soaps till last day. And here is the big one - 200 dollars went missing, when we complaint about it, the asst manager said- I will investigate it and you can leave it to GOD, God will punish her!!!!! As of now, he has just taken our email id and nothing more has been done. Only good thing about this hotel is shuttle bus which most of the expensive hotels provide in Phuket.

• Stayed: January 2014
3  Thank Rohit_Makhija
Robin L, General Manager at Wyndham Sea Pearl Resort Phuket, responded to this reviewResponded February 9, 2014

Dear Rohit_Makhija,

Thank you for posting your comments on Tripadvisor.

I sincerely apologize for you not getting your room upon arrival. During the high season and especially during Chinese New Year period, all hotels and resorts in Phuket ran very high occupancy and rooms turnover is also very high and thus we do experience not having rooms readily available for check in.

We do have special promotion (with certain conditions applied) with airport transfers for reservations made through our resort's website: www.seapearlvillasphuket.com

Fruit plates with uncut fruits are normally not removed until the guests departs as some guests would like to take them at a later stage, during their stay. I also sincerely apologize for not having the hand soap in your room as well.

As for the reported loss of SIN$200 from your room, our resort do provide electronic room safe for all our guests to keep their cash and valuables. Most hotels & resort cannot vouch for 100% honesty of their staff and also cannot be held responsible for any cash or valuables left unattended in guestrooms.

In your case, our Executive Assistant Manager and Security Supervisor did conduct an investigation and also search the dormitory rooms of the room attendants, that made up your room. Both staff also claimed that they did not notice your "bag" or the Singapore currency in your room. Our Executive Assistant Manager did sent you an email on 4th February, 2014 to inform you of the results of the investigation. I agree that his remarks "you can leave it to GOD, GOD will punish her" is not appropriate and have already cautioned him not to make unnecessary remarks.

I wish you a pleasant evening and a great week ahead!!

Reviewed January 28, 2014

The service is slow and disappointing. I cannot deny that the look and the decoration of the resort is good like 4-5 stars hotel but the service and facilities in the room were even worse than 2 stars hotel I stayed before.

SLOW CHECK-IN & IMPOLITE STAFF - My family arrived the hotel after the official check-in time while we had informed them our arrival time in advance. However, we waited nearly 1 hour to get one of our rooms. When we got into the room, we were so surprised that our rooms were at ground floor facing the internal construction site. How can the resort expects that we use the petit outside Jacuzzi in front of the construction site with many workers walking by? We asked to change the rooms, the receptionist answered me: “Our rooms are fully booked and we had already upgraded your rooms”. What an impolite and unprofessional answer. We never asked for room upgrade and we don’t mind it, what we want is a place for us to comfortably use the Jacuzzi. Eventually, my whole family had not tried the Jacuzzi because the water was dirty due to the construction work nearby.

UNPROFESSIONAL ROOM SERVICE – We once called the reception to ask for a knife for cutting fruits. The receptionist said “Can you come?” I was so surprised that this resort asked a customer to go to the reception for taking the knife. When I arrived the reception, two receptionists could not communicate fluently in English and showed me a face with question marks. After over a minute of conversation, another receptionist (three receptionists there) who could speak English finally assist them and told me that they will send someone to my room to cut the fruits for us. However, no one came at the end. On the second day of stay, the room make up service was so bad. The bathroom had not been cleaned. No refill of bath gel and no shampoo had been provided. They also had not taken the dirty and used towels at the bath room but left the clean towels on the table of the sitting room. Unbelievable room service at this resort.

BAD ROOM FACILITIES - The TVs in one of the rooms were out of order. The resort sent someone to try fixing them but failed. Guess what? The TVs were out of order during the whole period of our stay but no one from the resort tried to rearrange another room for us or even apologize for that. On day 2, electricity suddenly out at the rooms. Thanks God we need to go out for sightseeing at that moment.

I will never ever stay again in this resort and if you want to have a happy stay in Phuket, I suggest you avoiding this resort.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
4  Thank Melodie_CL
Robin L, General Manager at Wyndham Sea Pearl Resort Phuket, responded to this reviewResponded February 2, 2014

Dear Melo Lam,

Thank you for posting your comments on Tripadvisor.

All the negative comments you have posted and been duly noted and all heads of departments concerned have been advised to take corrective actions and supervise their staff closely.

I sincerely apologize for all the inconveniences you have had experienced and would like to make amends on your next visit to Phuket, if you choose to stay with us again. Even if you do not wish to stay with us on your future visits to Phuket, I would still like to meet up with you and apologize to you personally. Please send me an email in advance at robinlee@seapearlvillasphuket.com

Being Chinese New Year period, I take this opportunity to wish you and all your family members a Very Happy, Prosperous and Healthy Year of The Horse.

Reviewed January 24, 2014

It is a calm, quiet beautiful hotel! The rooms are big and quiet , However too far up the mountain, however it was only 15 min. (by bus) away from Patong beach
Friendly staff although Spoken English basic , understand English very well.

We read from reviews you get upgraded out of Season, However when we asked we were told they do not upgrade any guests. Directly behind us a Chinese couple also arrived and they were upgraded. We were told if we really wanted to upgrade we would get one at a discounted 5000bht /day.
You are also not told about the "deposit of 3000bht" at anytime while making the booking . Not a lot of money but it is extremely embarrassing when you just arrive at a hotel not expecting to have to pay more and they are demanding a deposit. We arrived late at night and had yet to change currency.

The spa is perfect and food is nice.
The rooms were well maintained , large with air-con.
The resort itself beautifully maintained, only problem ... no shade over the pool.
At least if there with a swim up bar ( which they don't have) you can escape the sun.
If you want to get away from crowds , perfect resort, if you want some of the nightlife and shopping in my humble opinion to far from town. There are other beautiful resorts in town, where you dont hear a lot of the noise

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank pokkiequeen

Dear pokkiequeen,

Thank you for posting your comments on Tripadvisor.

We are happy to hear that you were happy with our services and facilities even though some of our staff's English conversational skills are not up to your expectations. Here in Phuket, we do have difficulty in recruiting staff with proficient English speaking skills.

As for upgrading, it is not done automatically "out of season". It is only done when we are running high occupancy and need to upgrade guests to another category. Upgrading is normally for one night. As you were staying longer than 1 night, we did not want to inconvenience you in packing and unpacking just for 1 night.

Deposit of THB3,000 is to enable guests to sign for their meals and services used and charged to their room account instead of having to pay cash each time they use any of our services and facilities. I totally agree that it can be quite inconvenient when you arrive late and had no chance to exchange any money.

As we are still celebrating Chinese New Year, I take this opportunity to wish you and all your family members a Very Happy, Prosperous and Healthy Year of The Horse!!

Reviewed January 22, 2014

My wife and I stayed 10 days at sea pearl villa resort and It was an experience I do not want to repeat.
The restaurants serves tasteless food ,from breakfast to dinner.low end products ,what I call cardboard food, the fruits tasteless, the rolls and breads from cheap bakery,the jams looked more like jello,all sugar, no fruits. The service was mediocre and unprofessional, not attentive,I thought I was at a self serve . Bar men instead
Of serving by pool side, playing cards on the floor behind bar ,blasting what they want hear on two rigged speakers. Umbrellas do not give shade as they are anchored to floor and do not bend,so you just burn. The cleaning crew for bedrooms was sloppy,it was the daily routine to return to our room and find half the room done, the joke was which half would be done.
The laundry changed all my whites into colours and put some items that were not suppose to go to laundry instead of dry cleaning, even though we clearly filled out the form. The location
Of this hotel is terrible.It looks fancy on the pictures but as an experience a big let down.
And last and not least I have been waiting for a refund on my credit card for five weeks,they charged the whole amount of my stay on my card without my approval previous to my arrival,not just the deposit,when I arrived I expressed the wish to settle the bill in cash which the manager Mr.Willy
Approved and promised me a refund in ten days ,on the credit card that had been charged. That was Five weeks ago and I am still waiting for this credit refund ,very shady.the wifi was somewhat of a joke. 5 dollars for a bucket of ice. 10 dollars for a taxi regardless you go a 100 feet or Three miles . Unless you have a specific reason to go to petong there are much nicer areas in Thailand to visit as I have done over the years.

Marc Depinoy

Room Tip: Upper rooms have bad wifi
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank marc d
Robin L, General Manager at Wyndham Sea Pearl Resort Phuket, responded to this reviewResponded January 31, 2014

Dear Marc D,

Thank you for posting you constructive comments on Tripadvisor.
All your comments from breakfast to dinner, barman playing cards, room cleaning and laundry has been duly noted and looked into.

As for the Laundry, our record showed that you sent your laundry twice during your stay and both Laundry List showed that items sent were to be laundered and not for dry cleaning.

Under Booking.com reservations conditions, we are authorized to deduct 50% of total room charge in order to guarantee guests arrival and another 50% upon guests checking into the resort. Our staff processed accordingly. When you mentioned that you would like to pay by cash through a cash transaction from your bank, it was processed accordingly. The refund due to you was also processed through the local bank in Thailand. This refund process take a minimum of 2 weeks in order for the bank to verify all the refund requests documents sent to them. Sometimes, it takes longer than 2 weeks. The delay may also be due to the end year holidays.

I sincerely hope that the refunded amount has been credited to your credit card by now. If it is still not credited accordingly to your credit card account by now, please drop me an email and I will follow up with the local bank again.

In the meantime, being the 2nd day of Chinese Lunar New Year, I take this opportunity to wish you and all your family members a Very Happy, Prosperous and Healthy Year of The Horse.

Reviewed January 22, 2014

Stayed in 1 bedroom suite from 18 Jan 2014 - 21 Jan 2014, together with my girlfriend.

Before I came to this hotel, I read many negative reviews about this place, but still, decided to give it a go, and was definitely NOT disappointed! Strongly recommended, read on for more on my experience.

When I arrived at the hotel, service was already great. The GM of the hotel Robin Lee, came out personally to greet us hotel guests waiting for check in. I arrived way earlier than my check-in time but the staff allowed me to check in at around 11 am. I was told to have a seat in the lobby while the staff took my passport to arrange for the check in. Complimentary drinks came almost immediately after I sat down and soon enough, there was a porter assigned to bring us to our room in a mini bus even though the room is just a walking distance away. (Please note the whole hotel area itself is quite huge.)

When we reached our room, the porter then gave a brief introduction of our room, telling us how the safe and the jacuzzi work, and where can we find the items such as towels and hair dryer, etc. Room is spacious, looks beautiful and clean, no issue. The breakfast buffet was also great.

Things I think I need to clarify to do justice to this hotel.

1. Jacuzzi: It is not a heated jacuzzi but its perfectly fine considering the price for the hotel.
2. Firm bed: I read reviews earlier saying how terrible the bed is but honestly I feel its good, Its just not the very soft kind the most hotels have but rather the more support and firm kind.
3. Service: Most the the staff are not rude but they don't understand English very well, thus many people deem them as rude in the past reviews. Service was actually great if you ask me.

Location wise, the hotel is located at the top of the hill, very serene and quiet, which was nice. However, it is quite far from eateries and convenient stores, not really a walking distance. There is however, a free hourly transport, to and fro, by the hotel to Patong city and beach.

Things to watch out for

1. If you're planning to make local calls in this hotel, its going to be expensive (20/baht/min). I recommend those heading there to get a sim card instead.
2. If want to save a little do not use the chartered transport at the hotel as it is quite expensive. I would recommend you to take the free transport to Patong town and take a taxi from there instead.

Overall, I had a pleasant vacation in Sea Pearl Villas Hotel and I would strongly recommend it to anyone that is going to have a vacation in Phuket. My girlfriend and I love our time there and cant bear to head home!

Special thanks to GM, Robin Lee for making my vacation a successful one !

From Jeremy, Grey Neo
Delighted and Satisfied Guest.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank JeremyGrey

Dear JeremyGrey,

Thank you for posting your comments on Tripadvisor and having chosen to stay with us even though you have read many negative comments about our resort on Tripadvisor. Most of all, thank you for strongly recommending our resort and clarifying a few issues on our behalf.

I am very glad that you have had a pleasant and memorable stay with us and that we were able to get your room ready upon your early arrival. I try my best to meet every guests that I correspond with.

You are right to mention that local call through the resort switchboard is higher than outside. Most travellers can actually get a free local SIM card which can be topped up at any 7 - 11 or Family Mart convenience stores which are all over the island. When you take one of our scheduled shuttle bus service to Jungceylon Shopping Centre, you will be able to find a 7 - 11 convenience stall in the Basement Level of this shopping centre or the ones along Bangla Road, diagonally across from this shopping centre.

Wishing You and all family members a Very Happy, Prosperous and Healthy Year of The Horse!!