“Absolutely beautiful!”

Wyndham Sea Pearl Resort Phuket
Ranked #67 of 331 Hotels in Patong
Reviewed October 28, 2013

We recently stayed at Sea Pearl
Villas for 5 days. The hotel was undoubtedly one of the most beautiful places I've stayed. The staff were lovely and always willing to help. We were upgraded to a one bedroom villa which is definitely worth the extra money. Although it is a little out of Patong beach the free shuttle bus runs frequently and is happy to pick you up. It was also nice to be a little bit out of the crazy town. I would definitely recommend this hotel!

• Stayed: October 2013
Manager-Seapearl, General Manager at Wyndham Sea Pearl Resort Phuket, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2013

Dear Elise H,

Thank you for your favorable comments posted on Tripadvisor.

We are glad to hear that you were happy with our services, facilities and staff.
You like, most of our guests, like the location of our resort, which is in Patong City but away from the chaotic scenes of Patong night life. You can still enjoy the nightlife in Patong City and return to a serene and tranquil atmosphere, to rest and relax, after an exciting night out.

Thank you also for recommending our resort to guests coming to have their holiday in Phuket.

Wishing you a very nice day!!

Reviewed October 24, 2013

This resort was really lovely. I was actually really surprised, hotels are never what they seem in their pictures. The service was great, we arrived quite late on a Saturday evening and was upgraded to a room with a private pool. This room was really beautiful felt like a honeymoon suite. The only thing that was unfortunate was the fact that you were awoken to construction noise next door. That wasn't too much of an issue as we knew that we were being moved the next day.

The next day we were moved to the room I originally booked, which was a deluxe room with a jacuzzi. To my surprise the room was actually massive. It had a separate living room and a small kitchen, which actually didn't have any utensils or plates, but that didn't bother me as I ate out everyday. But be aware that some jacuzzi rooms may not be as private as others.

I had dinner at the hotel which was really lovely, however it was a bit pricey. I also had dinner at the Alfa club which was really great and at an okay price, but the food was amazing.

They have a shuttle bus that runs to Jungceylon mall and Patong beach which was great, however the timing of the bus finished too early in the evening at 8pm, which was a shame.

The hotel itself was really great a real couples hotel, very relaxing and quiet, however my only drawback was the hotel is on a hill and unfortunately you can't walk down to the local shops, so you would always have to spend money on cabs. For me personally I would have liked the option of walking around and exploring and theres so much to look at in the area the hotel is based in.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Manager-Seapearl, General Manager at Wyndham Sea Pearl Resort Phuket, responded to this reviewResponded October 25, 2013

Dear Rahana B,

Thank you for posting your comments on Tripadvisor.

We are happy to hear that your were surprised with our rooms and facilities. Due to high occupancy we upgraded you to one of the four Private Pool Villas that we have. On the second day you were moved to one of our 1 Bedroom Suite which has a total space of 100 SQM. As we are registered as a resort and not a serviced apartment, we are not allowed to install and cooking facilities due to Fire & Safety regulations.

Glad that enjoyed the meal and entertainment in our Alpha Club.

As for the complimentary shuttle bus to Patong City and beach, we operate only form 10am till 8pm, daily.

Overall, we are happy to hear that you were happy with our services and facilities. Wishing you a great weekend!!

Reviewed October 24, 2013 via mobile

Every things was fine in this hotel I really recommend this hotel. Very clean and luxury villas I staued in 2 bed room villa with jacuzzi.
The only thing I didn't like the bus shuttle to patong beach is up to 20:00 and there is no service after that.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family

Dear Omar A,

Thank you for your comments posted on Tripadvisor and recommending our resort, it is highly appreciated.

Yes, we provide free shuttle bus service to Patong City and beach from 10am to 8pm only, on a daily basis. After 8pm, hotel limousines and taxis are available from 8pm until the 10am the next morning.

Wishing you a very nice and relaxed weekend!!

Reviewed October 19, 2013

The resort was nice, however there are way too many PRC Mainlanders! I stayed at this resort between Oct 13 - 17th, 2013 with my husband. We liked this resort, and we liked the locations of this resort. However, we find there are way too many rude PRC Mainlanders. This resort offers free hourly shuttle to Junkceylon. However they don't make a line for people to wait, so everyone just rush to the shuttle when it arrives. Obviously the PRC Mainlanders will win, since they are born to be rude and pushy.

Also the bed sheets were never changed, they simply reused them without asking if that's what their guests want.

We arrived at the hotel around 2pm, most of the rooms haven't been fixed. We waited for over 45mins, my husband went to checked a couple times, so the receiptionist was kind enough to upgrade us from Deluxe Pool Access to Deluxe Suite Pool Access one bedroom. There is a kitchen in the Suite, however, we find it not much use, since there is no cookware or utensils offer. For others who wants to do cooking in suite, they might have to bring their own utensils. I didn't check if the resort will have it if people need them. We couldn't even find a fork or knife for our mango.

Room Tip: Arrived at hotel earlier, they might upgrade you.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Slwo
Manager-Seapearl, General Manager at Wyndham Sea Pearl Resort Phuket, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2013

Dear Siwo,

Thank you for posting your comments on Tripadvisor. We regret to hear that you were "pushed" aside by PRC Mainlanders who do not know how to line up for the complimentary shuttle bus.

As for the bed sheets, they should be changed daily unless the guests advise otherwise to save energy and environment. Glad to hear that you appreciated the upgrade even though you had to wait for 45 minutes.

As our property is registered as a resort and not a service apartment, local regulations do not allow us to provide cooking facilities or any cooking facilities for Fire Safety reasons.

We sincerely hope that dispute what has transpired during your stay with you, the both of you have had a good vacation in Phuket. We look forward to your next visit. In the meantime, if I can be of any service or provide you with further information, please do not hesitate to contact me directly via email at: robinlee@seapearlvillasphuket.com

Wishing you a very pleasant evening!!

Reviewed October 17, 2013

The resort is excellent. We booked three nights there and got upgraded to a house with private pool for one night. It was amazing. We appreciate that very much. The staffs are very nice and helpful. The breakfast is very good with many choices. I ordered some food from my room, and it was delivered very quickly.

I do have a few suggestions though.
1. There were mosquitoes in the lobby, which made us very uncomfortable should be taken care of.
2. We booked deluxe jacuzzi for three nights and were upgraded to deluxe suite with private pool. But the second morning around 9:30 they called us and told us it was only for the first night. They ask me to vacate the room in one hour and change to a deluxe suite one bedroom, which was still upgraded. We do appriciate that they upgrade our room very much. But I think it would be better to inform us that we had to change room the next morning when we cheked in. It is rude to ask someone to vacate the room immediately as our stuff was all around the place already.

The resort is nonetheless an excellent place to stay.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Zhenhua_Li

Dear Zhenhua Li,

Thank you for posting your comments on Tripadvisor. Your mentioned about mosquitoes in the lobby has been noted. As we have an open lobby, it is quite a task for us to tackle this problem. However, we have been using mosquitoes repellent oils burners to help eradicate this problem.

Your are right to mentioned that if you had to moved to another room the next day, it would be appropriate for the front desk clerk to inform you upon check in and not called the next day.

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience caused and we look forward to your next visit. In the meantime, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at robinlee@seapearlvillaphuket.com if I can be further assistance.

Wishing you a very pleasant evening!!

Reviewed October 17, 2013

Staff left my door open twice after delivering luggage when I wasn't there. Very unsafe and non-secure. The girl that greeted me was rude and uncaring. This was far from 5 star accom and i was made to continuously walk 200m to the front desk to rectify any issue because they couldn't resolve things like internet and tv not working, and didn't want to send anyone out to assist in my hotel room. I got food poisoning on the last day, about 5 hours after breakfast at the hotel. I can't guarantee it was from there but it was very likely as i did not eat anything else all day.

I could literally go on for days about this but it is safe to say, this is not advisable accommodation. Next to construction as well so noisy early mornings.

VERY DISAPPOINTING.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo

Dear adzjk,

Thank you for posting your negative comments on Tripadvisor.

It is through guests like yourself who takes the trouble to voice dissatisfaction with our services and facilities that can really assist us to take corrective actions to serve all our future and potential guests better.

I personally and sincerely apologize for all the inconveniences you have encountered. We are quite surprised that you suspected that you had "food poisoning" from the breakfast on your last day, which was on 13th October, 2013. On this day, we served a total of 360 guests for breakfast and had no records or reports of any other "food poisoning".

Nevertheless, our sincere apologies for your bad experience with us. We sincerely hope that you would give us another opportunity to make amends and be able to be of service to you again, on your next visit to Phuket. Please do not hesitate to contact me if I can of any assistance at email address: robinlee@seapearlvillasphuket.com

Wishing you a great weekend!!

Reviewed October 15, 2013

After arriving at the airport, we finally found our airport-transfer driver among the crowd. Although he can't converse too well in English, he was really helpful and tried his best in answering our questions. He drove a nice Mercedes and the entire ride was smooth and comfortable.

At the hotel, we were given a fruity drink and cold towels. Check-in was very efficient; our room was ready at around 10.30am and we were pleasantly surprised with a room upgrade to the one-bedroom deluxe suite that had us in awe.

This hotel is great for relaxation and romance. The shower area is really spacious and they have a nice bathtub with an extendable shower head, which is extremely convenient. The bed is soft and cushy. The mini toilet in the living room was a very nice touch and helped save us some time when preparing to go out. Water temperature takes time to adjust but we can live with that considering how great the room is. The balcony is pretty large and has a nice jacuzzi. The water was really cold though, we only managed to get in on the last day when the weather was extremely hot and there was no rain.

Free shuttle bus service is provided hourly from 10am to 8pm, and brings us to either Jungceylon mall or Patong beach. We found a great restaurant at the beach with a touch of luck :) The resort is pretty far from the malls and beach, so this shuttle service is very helpful. If only it stops along the streets en route as we saw many interesting places on the way and it's really hard to walk down the hill (we tried). Will be great if they could extend the time as well; there were two occasions when we had to race like mad to the pick-up location for the last bus, hee hee...

Reception service was only good on the first day as we had a very nice "bell-girl". On other days, some of them are not so helpful... it's a good thing we love the hotel so much to be bothered by that :)

On our last day, we hired a cab with a driver for 5 hours and he was supposed to bring us to the place we wanted to go via our chosen route. Unfortunately, he did not follow our instructions and took the opposite direction, and because of this we were not able to find our favourite banana fritters stall. This driver's command of English is pretty okay so it was not possible that he did not understand our instructions. It is very difficult to find such good banana fritters in Thailand and Singapore has nothing like that, so this is really disappointing.

Overall, we really enjoyed our stay and would love to go back again!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Bambichua,

Thank you taking the time to post your comments on Tripadivsor.

We are happy to hear that you enjoyed the airport transfer to the resort and your check in was handled efficiently plus the upgrade. Also glad that you had enjoyed the facilities in the suite, except for the cold water Jacuzzi.

Yes, most of our guests make full use of our hourly shuttle bus service to Patong City and beach which starts from 10am till 8pm, daily. Regret to hear that you only experienced good service from the bell girl only and not from the rest of the reception crew. This particular comment has been duly noted and corrective actions has been taken.

Would appreciate if you can take the time to advise me where you took the cab from on your last day. Was it a cab from outside or a limousine from our resort. I am very concerned that if it is from our resort, I would need to take corrective actions as well. If it is not to much trouble, please advise me via return email to robinlee@seapearlvillasphuket.com

On your next visit, let me know where to find your banana fritters and I will be more than happy to arrange to have them sent to your room.

In the meantime, have a great weekend!!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Patong
IndoChine Resort & Villas
Grand Mercure Phuket Patong
MAI HOUSE Patong Hill
MAI HOUSE Patong Hill
#34 of 331 in Patong

Been to Wyndham Sea Pearl Resort Phuket? Share your experiences!