“When the Going Gets Tough.. This Hotel Crumbles...”

Wyndham Sea Pearl Resort Phuket
Ranked #60 of 322 Hotels in Patong
“When the Going Gets Tough.. This Hotel Crumbles...”
Reviewed August 15, 2013

We booked 2 bedroom villa for the long weekend of 9 till 13 August and found this place to be a big letdown. Yes, the hardware ie decor etc looks good, but the software ie the people and the maintainence is a big letdown. We arrived on Friday evening and had to endure 1 hour of wait time before they gave us a room key. Then , when we got our room key , they gave us one 2 bedroom villa and two one bedroom villa instead of the confirmed two 2 bedroom villa per our Agoda booking. They only rectified this the next day. Reason - rooms full....Next, was the F&B Supervisor at breakfast, he was a v rude man and even wanted to charge my 6 year old nephew for breakfast even though there were 7 of us (we paid for 8). A real stinker was room B104, yes I mean stinker! The sewerage system was bad, and when you flushed, the room stinked of a strong sewerage smell. They claimed to have rectified it but the smell just reduced. So, if you are in B Block beware.All in all dont be deceived by the looks,when the hotel is filled up, the staff is incapable of coping. Some of you may have had a pleasent stay because at that time the hotel was not full to its brim. By the way, as the hotel takes in tourist class people by the busload, they also dont trust you at all. They will charge you for your deposit (not just inprint) and only credit it back 2 weeks later. They will also check to ensure that you didnt nick their thongs when you checkout, so place your slippers in a visible place in the room....! BTW if you drive, turning out to Patong on the double yellow line is a game of chance, poorly located place...

Room Tip: Avoid B Block
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Manager-Seapearl, General Manager at Wyndham Sea Pearl Resort Phuket, responded to this review, August 26, 2013
Dear Tri-shah R,

Thank you for your comments posted on Tripadvisor. It is through kind and concerned guests like yourself that helps us continuously improve on our shortcomings. Your comments are highly appreciated.

We sincerely apologize for all the inconvenience you had experienced upon your arrival and also for the rude attitude of the F&B Supervisor at breakfast. Rest assured that appropriate disciplinary action has been taken accordingly.

The stink in B104 has been looked into and taken care of.

Normally, we just take an imprint of guests credit cards and not charge it, this was also a mistake of the Front Office staff.

Reading through your comments, it would seem that you have already been credited back the amount that you were charged. If you not, please fill free to drop me an email robinlee@seapearlvillasphuket.com and I will follow up with the bank accordingly.

Once again, thank you for your comments and we look forward to have another opportunity to be of service to you and your family on your next trip to Phuket, for us to be able to serve you better.

Wishing you a very pleasant day!!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (226)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Phuket, Phuket, Thailand
Reviewed August 12, 2013

Good hotel bad location. Located half way up the hill going from Patong to Kathu, other than this it is a nice hotel. I have room with jacuzzi and a great balcony overlookin patong. They have shuttles going to patong so acctually the location isnt a bigg issue.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Lennart S
Dear Niceone 1983,

We are very happy to hear that you have had a pleasant stay with us, through your comments posted on Tripadvisor. Your comments are highly appreciated.

We definitely look forward to your next visit. have a very pleasant day!!
Canberra, Australia
Reviewed August 12, 2013

Each cluster of villas has its own pool, giving the resort a boutique feel despite its size. The location on Patong Hill is away from the clutter of Patong Beach, but the regular (and very punctual) free shuttle to Jungceylon shopping centre makes shopping, beach, lunch and dinner trips easy. The last shuttle runs at 8pm but returning from the beach by tuk tuk costs only 200 baht. The villas are private, with lush gardens between the rooms and pools. The rooms are very well appointed with huge bedrooms, bathroom and deck with jacuzzi overlooking the pool. Breakfast is a good buffet with egg station - always a good place to meet other guests. The bar was good for a pre-dinner drink (head to the beach if you need some noise). The staff are very helpful and accommodating of requests - we moved from the very noisy rooms overlooking the main road (24 hr traffic noise) to the much more peaceful villas further up the hill (Ours was in S block). A late checkout request was accommodated also. The rooms and pools are well maintained and very clean. The wifi is very slow and unreliable (booking our onward travel by iPad proved impossible), but there are free computers adjoining the lobby. Agoda.com had the cheapest prices for this hotel. We booked a jacuzzi room and fortunately got upgraded to a one bedroom suite. This would be a good place to come with a group of friends and book a few rooms around the same pool - it would like having your own little resort. We'll stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask to be away from the road. 'S' block was excellent - no road noise.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Greg L
Manager-Seapearl, General Manager at Wyndham Sea Pearl Resort Phuket, responded to this review, September 27, 2013
Dear Greg L,

Thank you for posting your comments on TripAdvisor.

We are glad to know that you enjoyed your stay with us during your recent visit to Phuket.
Sincerely apologize for the delayed response.

One of our fiber optic cable for internet service was damaged causing the "slow and unreliable" service you had experienced. We are happy to inform you that it is presently being replaced.

Please feel free to contact me personally via email at: robinlee@seapearlvillasphuket.com if we can be of any assistance.

Have a great weekend ahead!!
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Reviewed August 11, 2013

According to the high price that I have paid for deluxe jacuzzi suite, I am really disappointed in terms of the very poor service quality in such hotel, which is rated 4-5 stars. There is lack of contact between the staff and poor English speaking staffs, delays and ignorance in terms of your complains, you have to explain your issues or request each time you call the reception.
Furthermore, in terms of the room service and hygiene, please find the pictures uploaded in the customers album that show how dirty is the water in path tube, insects everywhere in the suite and next to the jacuzzi (mosquitoes, bees and wall lizards). My daughter got several mosquitoes bites on her leg (as shown in the pictures).
Therefore, I strongly NOT recommend myself and you to stay in this hotel.
All I have got is apology letter and free transportation to the airport (which is fundamentally included in my payments). It is important to mention that one of the staff was friendly and I would like to thank him in this review (the duty manager: Mr. Nicky). Unfortunately, there is no one was helpful in this hotel except him.

Room Tip: I suggest to stay in Novotel resort at Patong beach instead, where you will see the difference yours...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Manager-Seapearl, Manager at Wyndham Sea Pearl Resort Phuket, responded to this review, August 20, 2013
Dear Mr. Ibrahim,

Thank you for staying with us during your recent vacation in Phuket.
We deeply regret to note that you were disappointed with our services and facilities.
All your kind and constructive comments, including the yellowish water, insects and English conversation standards of some of our employees, have been duly noted.

Please be rest assured that corrective actions had been taken. Would appreciate your kindness to let us be of service to you again in the near future, for us to make amends and ensure that you would be provided with the best of service.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to advise us of our shortcomings. It is through sincere guests like yourself that helps us to continuously improve our services and facilities.

Wishing you a very pleasant day!

Sea Pearl Villas Resort - Phuket
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed August 9, 2013

When my husband booked this hotel we weren't expecting the Ritz as it was a "Mystery Hotel" and decided we would take it face value. The description was 5* Hotel which is a shame as it could be lovely but is lacking a lot of finishing touches.

When we arrived the reception staff were really friendly and told us we had been upgraded. Not sure what to as we had booked the Jacuzzi sea view room. Which is what we got.
The room was really spacious and clean, and we could just see the sea through all the greenery.
Just a shame that little things let it down, in the bath tub was a gaping hole where the plug lever fell off and the shower head didn't work. The sink unit was broken too. But staff did act quickly when I phoned to report it.
Jacuzzi was a little un-inviting it wasn't heated and didn't really look that clean. Not for the faint hearted trying to get into freezing water.
Also I swear our air con was possessed. I would set it to a certain temperature and it changed every hour, when we woke up in the morning we were freezing.

Would recommend the Thai restaurant in the hotel. Food was amazing and presented well. Staff were very helpful and catered every dish for us. well worth a visit!!!

The hotel complex is quite an odd build, its abit like a pyramid, Its built into the rock face and to get anywhere around the hotel you have to phone reception to come get you and they will transport you by small mini van. Walking is pretty steep!!

The hotel seemed busy with holiday makers but the bars and night spots were dead, such a shame as the hotel is only a year old and is situated on one of the busiest roads into Patong.

The Hotel runs a shuttle bus service into Patong every hour which is handy. But its very easy to grab a Tuk Tuk to wherever you want to go.

Not sure I would come back to this hotel again, it really needs good management to bring it up to the standard it advertises. Big Shame but didn't spoil my break.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Madam,

Thank you for taking the time to submit your valuable comments on Tripadvisor which will greatly assist us to serve our guests better.

Due to high occupancy upon arrival, your husband and you, were probably upgraded from a Deluxe Room (48SQM) to a One Bedroom Suite (100SQM).

Sincerely apologize for the faulty bath tub stopper, shower unit and wash basin. Am glad to note that our staff quickly responded to your observations. Once the air conditioner is switched on, it takes a while for it to cool down the room. Room temperature can be adjusted to your comfort once it the temperature has reached the set temperature. We normally set the temperature at 25 degrees celsius and can be adjusted manually by the guests.

Most of the time temperature in Phuket is quite high throughout the day and that was why we did not install any hot water system in our Jacuzzis. However, in our new extensions of 25 Private Pool Villas, we will be installing hot water system, accordingly.

We are glad to hear that you have enjoyed the Thai food in our resort and was satisfied with our restaurant service staff.

The resort is spread out through 15 acres of land, it is necessary for us to ferry our guests via mini van. Just in case you would like to experience a helicopter ride, on your next visit, we do have the only helipad in Patong.

Even though there are many bars and night spots in Patong, we decided to provide for our guests convenience, bars and night spots in the resort. Even though we do not take in much revenue from these bars and night spots, it is part of our facilities, provided for our guests convenience.

Glad that you found the hourly shuttle to Patong convenient and handy.

You kindly mentioned that the resort needs good management and I am happy to inform you that I have recently joined the resort as General Manager. I, definitely intend to upgrade the services and facilities of this resort.

If you plan to come back to Phuket again in the near future, please do send me an email to: robinlee@seapearlvillasphuket.com In the meantime, if I can be of any further assistance or should you require any additional information, please feel free to contact me directly.

Thank you and wishing you a very pleasant day!

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed August 8, 2013

Stayed there for 5 nights. Price is on the high side but environment is beautiful & read.
We stayed at block "O" , short walk to the reception & breakfast restaurant, love the private jacuzzi at the balcony. If you want peaceful & relax resort, this is the one.

However , on our 1st day of arrival, which was 6am in the morning, the reception staff wasn't very courteous over our check in process, and we hv to carry our luggage in ourselves fr the pouring rain outside -- 2 points deducted.

Breakfast Restaurant just above the reception area was truly an unhappy 1st experience. Some staff just grabbed your plates without asking if you have finish your food. The only question one of the waiter asked was : " Have you finish ? We need your table .... " of course we were not happy being chased out in the middle of our breakfast. Seeing us still enjoying our coffee n pancakes 10 minutes later, the same waiter (senior) came and said : " No laptop here.... ( I was checking mails with my iPad with my coffee) " -- I mean, what the hack !! I am on vacation and I cannot use my iPad during meal time ??
However, beside the senior staff, the trainee staff are wonderful, always Greet us with smiles with lovely " sawadekap"
However, Food quality were good, lots of varieties , too bad guests are not allowed to enjoy them in their own paste.

The hourly Shuttle service to / back from town center starts fr 10 am , very convenient for guests. Good arrangement.

Room Tip: Try to get a room same block with the reception main building if you have young children or old fol...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Manager-Seapearl, General Manager at Wyndham Sea Pearl Resort Phuket, responded to this review, October 2, 2013
Dear Abby G,

Thank you for posting your comments on Tripadvisor.
Firstly, I sincerely apologize for the much delayed response.

Regret to hear that we did not give you a very good first impression of our resort and service as you were greeted with an unfriendly front office staff upon checking and having to carry your luggage yourself in the rain. This is highly unacceptable and I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you had experienced right upon arrival.

The service staff at the breakfast room has been cautioned and advised how to provide good service and not "to rush" the guests when guests are having their meals, no matter what time it is or how crowded the restaurant maybe. I am surprised to hear that you were told that you cannot use your Ipad in the restaurant, especially coming from a senior restaurant staff. Please be rest assured that I already had a serious talk with this "senior restaurant staff" who had portray a very bad example for the junior staff.

Once again, I sincerely apologize for all the inconvenience you had experience and look forward to be given any chance to be of service to you in the future. Please do drop an email to me personally if I can be of any assistance to you or anyone planning to visit Phuket, even if they are not staying with us. My email address is robinlee@seapealrvillasphuket.com

Wishing you a very nice day!
Surfers Paradise, Australia
Reviewed August 4, 2013

My boyfriend and I recently stayed at sea pearl villas for 5 nights and we were very disappointed... we stayed in a deluxe Jacuzzi suit but i wouldn’t exactly call it that. We checked in and the English of the staff was not very good... could barely understand what the young girl was saying...

We got taken to our first room (i say first as we complained about this room) we walked in and it was nothing like the internet shows the rooms being like. there was dirt patches on the wall, the back deck was not bolted in properly so it was lifting in places... the view was of bushes... there was no bath as stated there would be and the air conditioning did not work. This was not the standard the hotel was portrayed as. We were surprised and disappointed so we confronted the front desk staff and told them our problems and they kindly gave us a new room...

This room was overlooking the pool but was next to the main road so was very loud...
This room still didn’t have a bath and the air con took a long time to get going. The Jacuzzi has one temperature and that is basically cold depending if the sun has been on it.

One night my boyfriend ordered room service and it took over 30minutes to arrive and the food was average... we also ate at one of the restaurants. The staff was great there but the food wasn’t very good.. I couldn’t finish mine as the chicken did not taste good.

The shuttle bus service every half hour was great though and is a great aspect for the hotel. The pools were great and very quiet as there was hardly anyone there when we visited.
Apart from this and I really hate to say but we did not enjoy our stay and if we hadn’t paid beforehand we would have changed hotels...there is more I can say about this hotel but I’m not going to go on as I’m sure you can get a picture of our experience

From all the other reviews I guess we just didn’t have a very good experience. For the price you’re paying to stay there you expect the standard of rooms and service to be high... unfortunately for us this didn’t happen.

I hope your experience is better than ours

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank brooketeakle94
Manager-Seapearl, General Manager at Wyndham Sea Pearl Resort Phuket, responded to this review, August 20, 2013
Dear Madam,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments on Tripadvisor.

We regret to hear that your boyfriend and you were not happy with the services and facilities provided by our resort, be it, the first room your were assigned; the long time taken when your boyfriend ordered Room Service and the taste of our food. Also noted that you were happy with our restaurant service staff. Also glad that you were happy with our hourly shuttle us service to Patong Beach. Due to the hot weather in Phuket, it takes a while for the room's air conditioner to bring down the temperature of the room.

All your constructive comments have been duly noted and we have taken steps to improve them.

Despite of all the above, I sincerely hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you better, on your next visit to the Sea Pearl Villas Resort. In the meantime, if I can be of any further assistance, please feel free to contact me at robinlee@seapearlvillasphuket.com,

Even if you still do not wish to stay with us in the future, I will still be available to assist you with whatever information or assistance that you may require for your future visits to Phuket.

Wishing your boyfriend and you a very pleasant day!!

Robin Lee
Also consider these accommodations in or near Patong
Avista Hideaway Phuket Patong, MGallery by Sofitel
Grand Mercure Phuket Patong
The KEE Resort & Spa
The KEE Resort & Spa
#27 of 322 in Patong

Been to Wyndham Sea Pearl Resort Phuket? Share your experiences!