Wyndham Sea Pearl Resort Phuket
$124
Novotel Phuket Resort(Patong)(Great Value!)
$113
$88
$96
Hotels.com
The Bliss South Beach Paton(Patong)(Great Value!)
$61
$86
$70
  • Breakfast included
1,092 results
All reviewsevery hourshuttle busjacuzzi on the balconyrobin leepatong beachdeluxe suitetuk tukshuttle serviceliving roomresort phuketseafood buffetegg stationfree upgradejungceylon mallpool accessthe hustle and bustlevilla
Reviewed January 29, 2013

We stayed at the Sea Pearl Villas in a one-bedroom pool villa for a week in December and sadly I have to say we were disappointed. The location is good and the resort is beautiful but the service does not come near what you would expect at a 5 star hotel. The house keeping was inadequate and the pool area frankly dirty (dirty dishes laid around for several days, pool not cleaned, house keeping towels and cleaning equipments under the stairs by the pool). We contacted the front desk several times and talked to the hotel manager but the problem is in the structure of the service at the hotel and the attitude. Also it took three days to fix the broken safe and broken air-conditioner and the cleaning of the terrace jacuzzi is not included in house keeping (?) - this would not be the case if the service was functioning properly. On a positive note, the spa and the gym worked great as well as the shuttle service. It was ok for us but I would not recommend this hotel to a 5 star traveller.

Room Tip: R villas had evening sun and were facing the pool, lower level good because of the beautiful backyard and easy access to the pool.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Johanna T
Reviewed January 27, 2013

If you have a high standard of hotels, do not stay here. To begin, the mercedes that picked us up from the airport was 30 years old and breaking apart. Then we even had to go get gasoline with the driver as he was empty. When we checked in, the ladies at front desk had nasty attitude, except for one sweet girl called Rosanna. When we went to the room, it smelled like a sewer (no kidding). I complained, and they said they couldnt upgrade because "full house". I had the pool access room, and I could check out the suites beside me. They were EMPTY! The room had burnt lightbulbs. The washroom was very basic (hence they dont put any pics online). There was no bathtub and hot water was very inconsistent. The covers ont he bed had a cigarette hold in it. everything is so basic, and not luxurious at all. The shuttle bus into patong is great (that is if you can get on as it is always full). Room service overlooks many things (e.g. no refills of paper rolls). If you are a traveller with any sorts of luxury expectations do not stay here. THE WORST EXPERIENCE was the "connecting door" to the next suite which was "locked" by housekeeping was not actually "locked" and A LITTLE BOY CAME INTO MY ROOM DURING THE NIGHT AND SCARED THE HELL OUT OF ME!! Then I asked for late checkout, which was greeted by "no.no.no..." its like they dont even bother to hear you out. They said it was my mistake. When I asked when the manager would return, the girl there suppatra said 8, then at 8:30am, i called her and she said her manager would be back at 9, then I called her at 915, and she said manager in mtg in11? IT WAS just the manager was too lazy to come back!! Also, on the 2nd day the manager charged me 20B for making a phone call to call a taxi. I EXPECT more from a "high end" resort. Also, I went to the spa around 11am to make a booking, and it was very hard to find, the door was opened but no one was there. Like a ghost building.

Room Tip: If you are not going to book the pool access, dont come here. The swimming pools are miles away from the villas.
6  Thank Jessie L
Reviewed January 27, 2013

we choosed the sea pearl villas resort because we wanted to stay not too far away from vibrant patong. on their website it looked great, on trip advisor it was reated mostly from 4points to 5points. so we booked it.
welcoming was warm and nice, welcome drink, thank you :)
then on first look, the room looked ok for us.
the nights were loud, there was a vibrating sound in our room, probably from either a machine in the basement of the building or from the construction site not far away. spending a half day in the room, we realized that this sound was a constant humming, very annoying.
breakfast buffet, asian and european, fruits, eggs very good.
the cleaniness of the bathroom... behind the toilet there was a yellow dirty fluid, which i asked the housekeeping to remove it. also the sink in the shower didnt work correctly. after two showers, the bathroom outside of the shower was wet. see pix! also here i asked housekeeping two times to fix it. i don't like my feet in water after the shower. response was yes we will do it... next day same same situation.
since we stayed only 4 nights, i didn't want to start a drama and to put myself on stress and move with our whole baggage from one point of the hotel to the other.
evaluating the pro and cons i have to give 2-3 points in rating this hotel.
maybe i am spoiled, but i really had stays much better hotels in the past

1  Thank Rockinger
Reviewed January 23, 2013

My wife and I decided to finally pull the trigger on a vacation and go somewhere. I was recommended by a friend to try Thailand because it had beaches and resorts that weren't to expensive.

Well I am here to tell you, that is simply not true in Patong Beach. You can go anywhere in the world and probably spend the same or a little more for the same thing. Alot of the People here dont seem overly friendly. They just want to sell you stuff. We asked the Hotel twice about the smell in the room and all they did was take the carpets out, and clean the air conditioner. They told us that it would be fine in a couple of hours. Well we were vacationing and didn't really want to just be put out of our room for a couple hours. They never once offered to change rooms for us, and when we finally woke up with soar throats on the second day, I told them we are checking out and finding a new place. And to my not so surprised dismay, they told us, "no refunds" What a joke. Not 5 star, and everything there is 30 dollars or more. We wont be coming back.

Room Tip: Get a refundable rate just in case. Rooms by the pool are probably better. We could hear the phone to the Cafe all day and all night.
1  Thank Sbranz
Reviewed January 23, 2013

When we arrived at the hotel we were greeted by the "bell boys" with a warm and friendly smile, unfortunately when we got to the front desk it was not the same. The lady at the front desk spoke so fast and unclear that we just nodded yes to everything, but let me point out that I did hear and understand her when she said that our room had 1 king size bed. When we got to our room we had 2 single beds not a king size like I heard the lady at the front desk say. My husband and I went back to the front desk and said that we would like to change rooms, to a king size bed. OMG! we copped so much attitude from a different lady behind the counter it was not funny. Without even checking her computer she said too bad the hotel is fully booked! Now I'm no genius but I can tell you that, that was a complete and utter lie cause after we said check your computer she did and said oh wait yes you can upgrade your room but pay an extra $80 per night. I have read many reviews on this website about this hotel and it seems to be the same issue. It is like they purposely do it so you will pay extra to upgrade. We refused to do such thing. My husband who hates travelling and has never taken a week off work ever to holiday was shattered, I cried and cried but there was nothing we could do. We aren't made of money and worked our butts off to have this trip. I was really upset with the poor customer service and heartlessness of the ladies behind the counter. I would not usually write a review but we spent 6 nights at this hotel I thought they would try and help us but they didn't. After being upset for 2 days we got over it and explored the hotel and I'm glad we did, it has beautiful swimming pools and it is has a beautiful view of Patong beach. The shuttle bus to Patong was great it ran on time too. The buffet breakfast had a great selection of food always changed daily. Anyways after the initial shock and disaster about the room we did enjoy our trip and the hotel was quite comfortable. PS: the private jacuzzis are amazing and very private.

Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple