“Not an idea place for relaxation”

Wyndham Sea Pearl Resort Phuket
Ranked #65 of 331 Hotels in Patong
Reviewed September 27, 2012

Stayed there last week for 2 days. I was looking forward to this trip however disappointed with the experience.

Check in was stated at 2pm, we will the first to reach around1.50pm and subsequently people start to check in as well. At around 2.30pm, the lobby was filled with people but no room to check in as the housekeeper have not clean the room. We check in only at 3.15pm.

We booked the Jacuzzi suite, it was suppose to be one king sized bed inside. Instead we got a room with a Queen sized bed and a Single bed. And we ask the receptionist if we could change, she just said they are fully booked. -.-

Jacuzzi suites sound awesome, however bear this in mind about the jacuzzi.
1)No hot water, freezing cold at night
2)They do not change the water ( We found dead mosquito on the water and ask to change the water but the housekeeper just filter the 'dirt' out from the water
3)Open style, out in the balcony where neighbor room can see one and another.

There are alot of mosquitoes in the room but not to worry, they SELL insect repellent for 140baht. Aircon is preset or faulty as we tried to change the degree but it just kept going back to 25degree.

The last straw came when we took our breakfast. DO NOT eat the salad, there are flies all around it. Really unhygienic. Not much variety.

The only cons was some of the staff was really helpful and polite.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Ally1988
Write a ReviewReviews (1,030)

Reviewed September 25, 2012

This was our second trip to Phuket, stayed in Kamala last year and this year tried closer to Patong. Sea Pearls looks like it does on the internet. Airport transfer (we had the hotel limo about $32 AUD) and checkin was smooth although we weren't aware we would be asked for a deposit on arrival. We had a pool access room which was spacious, clean and modern in decor. The pool was a bit cold but the weather was also cooler but it was nice to sit out and look at, we could also see the mountain in the background which was nice. The shower was quite large, there wasnt a bath, shampoo, bath foam, tooth brushes etc were provided and topped up each day. The gardens and reception area were lovely. The front desk staff were very helpful even providing us with additional chairs so we could sit under our verandah as it was too wet to use the sun lounges by our pool. Our room was near the road and noisey outside (a bit disappointing) but the noise wasn't a problem in the actual room. We found the shuttle bus provided by the resort very useful. We also used the resort vans to go to and from our room to reception (our room was up two steep hills and quite a way) very frequently; this was always provided very quickly and with a smile. Free internet access using the resort computers was a bonus. The restaurant meals were quite good but food was not always hot, we also ate at the seafood buffet which was a beautiful setting and the food was quite varied and good. The front desk staff were also helpful in advising us on how to get to various places and the cheapest option. I used the resort car and driver for three hours on one day and found this to be convenient and safe (especially if you are travelling alone) although more expensive $33 AUD to what you could pay in Patong however not bad when compared to taxis in Australia. The staff at the resort were generally professional and friendly although some seemed to be new to the job (but everyone has to start somewhere); my only concern or perhaps surprise were the staff at the bar who seemed to be a bit too casual and on one evening one was drinking openly and a little shall we say "merry" when asked for the wine list he put every bottle of red wine on the table and said we have all of these in white, also made a cocktail with fanta that was undrinkable. However having said that the resort itself is worth the money and a little bit of luxury in Patong.

Room Tip: The pool access rooms are fantastic for singles, couples and families. Check the resort map before y...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 17, 2012

I use to travel phuket twice year, every time I stayed at patong beach, This time I found Sea Pearl Villa resort one of the best luxury hotel/resort of Patong with best value of money. I booked 2 rooms one is direct pool access and another one was deluxe Suite Room both room was nice ultra modern interior, bedding was so comfortable, The Pool was excellent. Nice view over patong town. Suite room was on 1st floor with a living room and Huge balcony along with big size Jacuzzi.

The only 2 Cons of the hotel.
1) Too much insects (mosquito, Cockroaches, etc) in corridor even also in room. It was due to lavish green gardens.

2) Location of Hotel: Its was from main patong shopping and night area you can access through taxi at day time but at night no taxi available there, if you have your own rented car or bike you will face parking problem at patong area.
$100 SOLUTION: As is did, I book a cheap (Patong Beach Hotel $45) hotel at main patong beach with parking space which I use just for parking my car at day of night time 

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank HarrisSiddiqui
Reviewed September 16, 2012

We checked in on 3rd Sept, for a 7 night stay, 2 Adults and 2 Kids (7 & 3), after 4 days in Bangkok. Absolutely Awesome was the first thought as we checked into our room!!
Airport transfer went smoothly, as arranged by the Sea Pearl, Air Cond mini Van, very comfortable and a short 40min or so to the resort.
Check in included a greeting and a cool drink, then a ride down to the room. Once the door was opended - WOW - we had booked a 2 bedroom Pool Access villa and the internet did not lie. 3 different doors from the villa opended up and revealed the pool, where you had your own pool lounges and 2 seperate 'mini pools' opening up into the main pool. This main pool is shared by 4 - 6 villas, and there are around 8 pools in the resort. But it feels like you have your own pool, and with the placement of walls and shrubs, it has been done very well for your privacy. My kids swimming ability moved forward in leaps and bounds from just that one week at this place. Large opening stacker doors from the lounge room give you an indoor/outdoor feel. We stayed in rooms W101-2, and they were perfect for us.
The rooms themselves are spacious and cooled with 3 seperate AC units. Plasma screens in each room, comfortable beds and small kitchen area which suited us. The bathrooms are really well appointed, large deep bath, rain head shower, massive vanities etc etc. Well lit also.
Hotel facilities are really nice. Club room area and Spa well appointed as is the Gym. The meals at the restaraunt were nice, and breakfast was wide and varied. Only low point is the coffee, none available except brewed. One night they had a massive seafood smorgasboard which was perhaps some of the best food i have had in my trips to Thailand.
There is a handy shuttle bus every hour to take you into Patong, and back, but it finishes at 8pm, so be aware you may have to make other arrangments to get back up the hill. It is a 200bht ($7 AUD) Tuk Tuk ride or taxi etc. About 10min to get back.
The staff are really friendly and knowledgeable, and clean the rooms each day to a good standard. There is security on the gate of the resort, and guards all around, but i'm not sure why, as you feel really safe in Thailand.
This resort will suit people / families that want to have the ability to experience Patong Beach on their own terms and head back to little piece of tranquility afterwards. Phuket being what it is, this is a good central location for sight seeing and self drive tours, as it is very accessable.
All in all, excpetional stay and we will definitely return to this resort.

Room Tip: Our room was down towards the road, but we did not hear any traffic noise. It was in the W block and...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Matt F
Reviewed September 14, 2012

Comparing to the price value that I have paid, I really didn’t expect to get the luxury facility and services that I have experienced in Sea pearl Villa Resort. I really liked the stuff; they were very friendly and helpful. I liked the Rooms design and arrangements (The pools are cool). The Sports and GYM facilities were well equipped and suitable for everyone. It’s a safe, secure and comfortable place away from the city. The Free hourly Bus transportation to and from the City or the beach, was really helpful, it’s a bonus point for the Resort.

Thanks to the amazing Resort stuff, I didn’t find anything negative that I would dislike or criticize Sea Pearl Villa Resort. They made sure that every thing goes smoothly for me, starting from the check in the check out. For example, last day while going back to the airport, we have used the Resort Taxi, he dropped us and went away, 15 minutes later before even noticing that I have forgotten my wallet in the taxi, he came back and gave me my wallet.
(Thanks Sea Pearl Villa Resort)

Its really worth it to spent extra money on this Resort, it will really pay off when people notice the fancy Umbrella, the taxi and bus you are getting off, and when they know that you are staying there. Its really good for show off, hhh (especially on Bangla street)

Room Tip: just ask the receptionist
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 14, 2012

I just recently stayed at Sea Pearl Villas for 7 days on recommendation of a good friend so my memories were really fresh! Exclusive Club House get closer to activities, especially massive area I enjoyed jogging with city view and lovey sun set in evening it was really cool. I was not disappointed. Right from the moment I checked in, the staff were super helpful and friendly. My room was nicer than in the photos website, very modern and clean. Hotel provides shuttle bus to downtown it is very convenienc. the place is good combination of peaceful and night life only short distance away. I would love to return stay definitely : ) ....

Room Tip: Room seaview is my recommendation...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed September 12, 2012

Very surprised that this amazingly located hotel was right in the thick of the town but felt like you were a million miles away. The staff were excellent as was the food and accommodation. The place was very quiet and nothing really happens in the evening but then I guess you have Patong for that. Would absolutely stay here again without question; and probably will.

Room Tip: Stay on the top floors, the balconies are very private!
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Patong
The Charm Resort Phuket
#32 of 331 in Patong
Nap Patong
Nap Patong
#9 of 331 in Patong

Been to Wyndham Sea Pearl Resort Phuket? Share your experiences!