Upon first arriving the resort appears to be beautiful with lovely water features throughout, almost parquetry style glossy floor tiles and large well maintained grounds/gardens. It's located quite a way from the main beach of Patong (and the noisy partying crowds) but the hotel supplies an hourly shuttle bus there so was perfect for us as a couple. On our first day they even held the shuttle bus for us when we arrived so we could get the first available one to town.
It all went downhill from there... We had a couple of days of heavy rain and quickly discovered the floor tiling and water features were a death trap. The high gloss tiles are extremely slippery in the wet and my wife nearly fell more times than we could count. I walked into the rear lobby which had the lights dimmed and fell through a gap in the floor where the "parquetry" style floor combined with the water feature to open in to large cracks along the floor that couldn't be seen with the lighting. Although no broken bones it was close and could barely walk for over a day. Apart from offering to drive me to the hospital there was no other assistance or follow up from the staff. We were expecting that the management would be concerned and follow up but not so much as even a question when we checked out.
After the first night when our room was made up the housekeepers through out some of our belongings and brought back their rubbish bags to our rooms for us to go through and find, then the second day they didn't make up our room at all.
The hotel restaurant was also a let down. The breakfast was quite good and over-staffed, although they have a shortage of tables and ran out one morning. So over staffed that you're almost hovered over by someone waiting to pick up after you (you can't even place down a paper napkin without it being swooped upon). Some may see this as good service, but it was a little over the top. The dinner however was understaffed and sloppy. We were one of only 4 tables seated for dinner and the staff commented they were too busy and it took almost an hour for our meals to be served.
I'm normally really easy going and never have complained about a hotel before. I actually usually see little ups and downs as part of the adventure of travelling and have been to Asia many times so know what to expect. I have to say however that I was very disappointed in this resort which was supposed to be a bit of luxury and indulgence for us. We generally found the staff to be a bit disinterested and unorganised and simply couldn't believe there was no follow up go getting injured on their property.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The recently rebranded Wyndham Sea Pearl Resort, Phuket is located in a natural hillside over viewing Patong , offers stunning views of the city and the sea. Built on 16 acres of land, with full grown trees and lush gardens around the villa buildings and 8 swimming-pools. All of the 181 rooms comprising of Deluxe Rooms (with rain shower) and Suites (with rain shower & bath tub) has it's own Jacuzzi ((Non Heated) on the balcony. Also included are 25 Pool Villas and 4 Private Pool Suites with Jacuzzi bath tub and it's own private plunge pool. Due to the configuration between Deluxe Rooms & 1 Bedroom Suites, there is a 50% chance of getting an upgrade (not mandatory) to a 1 Bedroom Suite, upon check in, when all the Deluxe Rooms are fully occupied. International & Thai Restaurant, Terrace & Bar. Carissa Spa, Blue Waters Seafood Buffet Restaurant, Alfa Pub & Restaurant, FREE WiFi, FREE Sauna in the Club House and Fitness Center FREE hourly scheduled round trip shuttle bus transfer to Jungceylon Shopping Centre and Patong Beach, from 10am to 8pm daily. Reservations for Airport transfers, excursions and tours are readily available in the resort's main lobby.With our own helipad, sight - seeing via helicopter is also available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, Orbitz, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Wyndham Sea Pearl Resort Phuket reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sea Pearl Villas Hotel Patong
- Wyndham Sea Pearl Resort Phuket Patong