Lovely accommodation, lacking a bit in atmosphere. Its clear that the majority of staff here are trainees which in itself is not a problem and its good to see that they are employing people and give them a chance in a career, but it doesnt seem that they are giving them any real training in the hotel industry which is a real shame. We were given one door card and when i asked at reception for another i was told no. Then after being given a nudge by the other girl on reception that was changed to a yes. They genuinely don't seem to have any confidence or experience in decision making or resolving small issues which becomes frustrating. Breakfast does not really cater for the western traveller and is certainly not in keeping with the standard of the resort serving up lots of thai noodles and rice dishes and tofu. Fruit and yoghurt and cakes not covered over therefore subjected to flies enjoying them and a nescafe machine serving poor standard coffee that would be better suited to a school restroom or the likes!! they also don't seem to be able to decide if they are doing table service with hot drinks or not so you get a bit of a mish mash of table service and help yourself if you can find a teapot! That is of course if you can get near the breakfast for the staff that are helping themselves, today it was the IT manager who was pushing in front of everyone to fill up his plate(do they really not have a staff rest room for that?) anyway I think he would have been better suited to sorting out the truely woeful internet connection which insists that you input the username and password each time yr device goes into power saving mode, or tells you that you are connected with a strong signal but you get no access to the web at all. Its a real shame as this place has the potential to be really great but it seems that they are concentrating on keeping their service decidedly average. I travel the world extensively and I'm left wondering how I would rate this place in terms of stars as the service and standard are definately not cohesive. I give it 4 stars mainly because of the standard of accommodation, but you get great accommodation the world over its the service and the memories that make you return to a place and sea pearl are just falling very far behind in that respect, sorry :0( please for the sake of your own standards give the staff here some good strong grounding in the hotel and catering industry, something valuable for their effort as I would hate to think that they are just being exploited for their keeness and desire to earn a wage
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The recently rebranded Wyndham Sea Pearl Resort, Phuket is located in a natural hillside over viewing Patong , offers stunning views of the city and the sea. Built on 16 acres of land, with full grown trees and lush gardens around the villa buildings and 8 swimming-pools. All of the 181 rooms comprising of Deluxe Rooms (with rain shower) and Suites (with rain shower & bath tub) has it's own Jacuzzi ((Non Heated) on the balcony. Also included are 25 Pool Villas and 4 Private Pool Suites with Jacuzzi bath tub and it's own private plunge pool. Due to the configuration between Deluxe Rooms & 1 Bedroom Suites, there is a 50% chance of getting an upgrade (not mandatory) to a 1 Bedroom Suite, upon check in, when all the Deluxe Rooms are fully occupied. International & Thai Restaurant, Terrace & Bar. Carissa Spa, Blue Waters Seafood Buffet Restaurant, Alfa Pub & Restaurant, FREE WiFi, FREE Sauna in the Club House and Fitness Center FREE hourly scheduled round trip shuttle bus transfer to Jungceylon Shopping Centre and Patong Beach, from 10am to 8pm daily. Reservations for Airport transfers, excursions and tours are readily available in the resort's main lobby.With our own helipad, sight - seeing via helicopter is also available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, Orbitz, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Wyndham Sea Pearl Resort Phuket reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sea Pearl Villas Hotel Patong
- Wyndham Sea Pearl Resort Phuket Patong