“Modern Budget Hotel”

Ranked #273 of 400 Patong B&B and Inns
solihull
“Modern Budget Hotel”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

Stayed here for 2 nights and we had 3 rooms. It was the cheapest of the hotels during our trip and I wouldn’t want to have stayed any longer. We chose this hotel as we were merely in Patong as a stopover before going on to Phi Phi and it served its purpose. We didn’t really want a big beach front resort hotel during this stage of our holiday, and in fact there are very few of these in Patong anyway and so this was just somewhere to crash and to go out to sample the nightlife for 2 nights.

Taxi driver found it easily, its down a road off the main beach road and as most others describe, you get pestered by the massage parlours, suit shops and restaurants every time you walk to and from the hotel. But then you get hassled everywhere in Patong! Hotel is bang in the middle of the main areas although I didn’t find noise to be an issue when sleeping.

Rooms are modern budget. The beds are a bit hard and room décor was quite concrete looking. Our room was adequate size but don’t bother with a balcony, nothing to see! Bathroom was separate with a door. My friend hated her room-a wall behind the bed creates the bathroom and so in effect the toilet was right behind her head! My other friend on the ground floor (room 102 I think) had a small room that smelt strongly of damp. When we returned from a night out we saw 4 cockroaches in his room, running up the walls and under the beds. So he slept in my friend’s room but she had to go and stand in the corridor twice in the night when he needed to use the toilet! So neither of these rooms were ideal! My friend with the cockroach room was given a new room the next day, room 202, and it was huge, biggest of all our rooms. But we could help but worry more cockroaches may be lurking.

Didn’t eat at the hotel so can’t comment on the food. Rain flooded part of the stairs so that was a bit hazardous. Swimming pool is tiny and not even worth being there, we didn’t go in it. Wi-fi worked fine in all the bedrooms. For a 3 star hotel, I’ve rated it 4 stars as it was clean, modern and served its purpose. The roaches and poor excuse for a pool let this down.

Patong is certainly a place to go if you want bars with dancing girls, ping pong shows, thai boxing (recommended!) but it’s not where you want to be for a relaxing beach holiday. I wouldn’t go here again but it was worth the experience. Did a lot of shopping here as the weather wasn’t good! 3 of us also managed to get food poisoning from the Royal Palm restaurant (as we all ate the same) so personally id avoid this place as our ferry journey to Phi Phi was not a good one!!

Room Tip: Do not get room 102, damp and so roaches live there. 404 if you like a toilet behind your head at ni...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
  • Indonesian first
  • Thai first
Jakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed October 13, 2013 via mobile

The hotel is close to Patong beach and Bangla Rd. The staff was very nice and helpful too.
I booked standard room in this hotel.The room was nice. The bed was very comfortable. The deposit box inside the room didn't work and the light in the room wasn't so bright. There are no windows in the room and the wall was very thin so we can hear footsteps and other sound from outside the room. And the pool was very small.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Perth, Western Australia, Australia
Reviewed September 28, 2013

Such a great find right in the heart of Patong at the end of a street off the beachfront.

The street has everything you need. Best street food, and two awesome italian restaurants with great pizza. Has a ATM right at the door to the hotel.

Such great staff super friendly. Rooms are clean and a good size. Super cheap. Good breakfast with good prices.

As there in construction works around it can get noisy so pick up some earplugs and its fine.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Sarah B
dont care
Reviewed September 5, 2013

I stayed here between August 8th to 14th. After one night, i fully paid for my hotel and left!!!!!!!!!!I joined another hotel. Any way i signed up for a superior room, but they put me in the hostel. The swimming pool was so small, damn also the service is bad, except for the night time dude, he was helpful. I got food poising from them, my atm card was swolen right outside there hotel. All in all NEVER JUDGE A BOOK by it's cover. The road to the hotel is full of massages, and they ASK you ALL the time.. Damn So glad i went to another hotel. Room safe not working. NO hot water. My door could hardly close. NEVER EVER EVER EVER go to this hotel.. Please save you money,time and chose either African safari lodge or expat hotel.

Room Tip: No room just leave this hotel
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
10 Thank Daniel D

Travelers are raving about these Patong hotels

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed August 23, 2013

Had a short trip to phuket on 18th-20th Aug 2013 for a short break. Came across a promo on agoda.com. They picture posted was nice and clean, looked spacious with a transparent glass for bath room. But was so disappointed when we checked in. We booked a A wing Superior Room with Double bed. When we checked in, we were given two single bed instead. We requested for a change and we were given another room in another wing. The room was small, not even a chair in the room. Inside the picture on the web during booking was with a coffee table plus single sofa. So basically when you are in the room, you can only sit on the bed. The bed was hard and the pillow was flatten the moment you rest your head on it.The Blanket was standard white cotton sheet but with full of cotton buds. Meaning it has been washed till the surface has became rough. The moment you cover it on your body, your body itches. During the first night after we came back to the room, we went to the front desk to request for 2 additional pillow. The staff told us we could only request for 1 instead. Ok, we agreed to have 1. Shortly the staff came back and told us "NO More" for tonight and request for it tomorrow. Then we request to change the blanket cos it really feel itchy. He told us "No More spare". The next morning, we request to change the blanklet with the room maker with request for additional pillow. When we got back, we had a slightly better blanket but no extra pillow. When down to front desk to ask for one again and was told no more again. However, the next morning when we check out and walk passed the store for their housekeeping, we saw 3 pillow was stacked inside.
The curtain in the room is thin and early in the morning at 8.30am, you will be awake by the glaring sunlight shine onto your face. I was awake on both morning, looked at my phone and its only 8plus in the morning. Who will want to wake up so early when you would like to rest for your vocation? The room was not sound proof. Early morning, you will hear banging sound that wakes you.
The bath room is another disappointment. The moment the glass door next to your bed slights open, its the toilet bowl. So basically, you are sleeping in front of the toilet bowl separated by a 10cm wall. The moment you sat n the toilet bowl your knee touches the wall. If you have long legs, you probably can't sit on it at all. The basin was not inside the bath room, its at a corner in the room.
There is ants all around the room, on bed, on the floor, on the table, on the wall..

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
9 Thank leemo2013
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed August 22, 2013

Room is has a nice design, although a bit small. No work table. We stayed at the "See-Through Balcony" type room, the bath area is just immediately behind the king size bed separated by glass. For non-couples, there's blinds that will offer more privacy. Has over 60+ channels on tv. Internet speed is quite fast, most of the time youtube videos load without much waiting.

The room we stayed in has a bit of a funny smell from the bathroom's floor water outlet at times, and was probably stuck as there was minor flooding when taking bath. Told the receptionist but nothing was done about it.

Main gripe though is the plaster walls, hence you can hear noises from outside. I stayed on 1st floor so I can hear the reception's phone ringing, people walking up and down the stairs, etc. If you're a light sleeper I suggest you ask for rooms on 2nd or 3rd floor.

Small but nice pool, cos hardly anyone uses it so it can be like your private pool. Mind the steps inside though as they are of the same color, might get a bruised shin if you're not careful.

Pros:
- good location, just off the beach, near Jungceylon mall and other eating places
- nice room design
- comfortable bed (slightly firm)
- fast internet
- good selection of tv channels
- friendly english speaking staff
- good water pressure

Cons:
- clogged bathroom
- thin walls

Room Tip: Higher floors *may* be quieter
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed August 18, 2013

So I literally stumbled upon this hotel while looking for a place nearer to the Patong area on my last night there (I'd extended a day while my friends went home). I got a really good deal I thought, for 700baht, but I regretted it when I realised that I'd been put into a room on the 1st floor, facing the main road/lobby area. Two of the walls were sliding doors, and one of which could not be locked! I only discovered this really late at night, plus since I was in the annex building and not where the lobby was, I uneasily left it as it was. Felt pretty exposed all night though.

The design elements of the hotel were nice, I thought the slight industrial look worked. There was also a safe (which I didn't use, but was something I wondered about since one of the later reviewers mentioned he had money stolen). Air-con was a bit noisy, but it balanced out the street noise. There was a mosquito in my room but I guess it's just from being on the first floor, and I caught and killed it (woo hoo for me!) and I don't presently have dengue, so it's all good. There was a noisy crying kid but I think that was just from the next room.

The saving grace was the nice front desk staff. They were helpful in booking my tour (with Golden Region Travel. Good deal for 1000 baht and quite a nice tour too. Recommended!) to Raya Island, and my mini-van airport transfer.

In summary, if you're not fussed about somewhat of a lack of privacy, AND can get a room that's not on the first floor (or not facing the main road at least) - 700baht's a pretty good deal man.

p.s. Breakfast was rubbish. Don't bother.

Room Tip: Don't stay on the 1st floor if you can
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank Milolicious
Also consider these accommodations in or near Patong
Break Point Hotel
#58 of 400 in Patong
ELLA Bed
ELLA Bed
#20 of 222 in Patong

Been to The Belle Resort? Share your experiences!