“Probably wouldn't stay again, definitely not solo”
Review of The Belle Resort

The Belle Resort
Ranked #277 of 407 Patong B&B and Inns
Singapore, Singapore
“Probably wouldn't stay again, definitely not solo”
Reviewed August 18, 2013

So I literally stumbled upon this hotel while looking for a place nearer to the Patong area on my last night there (I'd extended a day while my friends went home). I got a really good deal I thought, for 700baht, but I regretted it when I realised that I'd been put into a room on the 1st floor, facing the main road/lobby area. Two of the walls were sliding doors, and one of which could not be locked! I only discovered this really late at night, plus since I was in the annex building and not where the lobby was, I uneasily left it as it was. Felt pretty exposed all night though.

The design elements of the hotel were nice, I thought the slight industrial look worked. There was also a safe (which I didn't use, but was something I wondered about since one of the later reviewers mentioned he had money stolen). Air-con was a bit noisy, but it balanced out the street noise. There was a mosquito in my room but I guess it's just from being on the first floor, and I caught and killed it (woo hoo for me!) and I don't presently have dengue, so it's all good. There was a noisy crying kid but I think that was just from the next room.

The saving grace was the nice front desk staff. They were helpful in booking my tour (with Golden Region Travel. Good deal for 1000 baht and quite a nice tour too. Recommended!) to Raya Island, and my mini-van airport transfer.

In summary, if you're not fussed about somewhat of a lack of privacy, AND can get a room that's not on the first floor (or not facing the main road at least) - 700baht's a pretty good deal man.

p.s. Breakfast was rubbish. Don't bother.

Room Tip: Don't stay on the 1st floor if you can
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank Milolicious

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
  • Indonesian first
  • Thai first
Singapore, null, Singapore
Reviewed August 18, 2013

Our mini bus driver had great difficulty locating the hotel. We took about...1 hour to finally find the hotel which was located in deep in a alley. There are no signs on the main road indicating the presence of the Belle resort. Further, taxis/vehicles in general are not allowed to drive into the alley so the only option would be to walk in. This could be a problem if it were raining, which was what happened to us.

To be honest, the difficulty we had in even locating the hotel gave us a very bad impression of it before we even stepped in. But to be fair, the room had a modern design which I liked. As mentioned by the others, the room was not really soundproofed, but this did not bother us too much because we were really tired from our flight and all the walking to locate the hotel.

Because we stayed here for only one night (thankfully!!), we didn't get to try the swimming pool and other amenities which the hotel offered. Wifi was fairly seamless though.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank melxang

Travelers are raving about these Patong hotels

Alice Springs, Australia
Reviewed August 13, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for a week in the hostel side which was pleasant enough, it looked a bit unfinished and there's no lift so a long walk up. We had a large amount of money stolen which was very well hidden in our bag, lots of different currencies as we are backpacking round Asia. We were warned by the tour shop opposite that this may happen but it was too late when we checked our things. Other than that the pool isn't worth having it's cold and tiny. we booked transport to our next stop with them and even after showing them on a map and being very clear, 12 hours later they had sent us to the opposite side of the country to a place that was spelt almost the same!!! Fortunately we liked it there, but what a fuss. I strongly do not reccommend this hotel.

• Stayed July 2013
3 Thank Wanderingwolfchild
Reviewed August 12, 2013

suggest book superior and above's room

Lobby
-moden/ clean/ stylish

-friendly staff and good service

Room
-small/ dark/ dirty/ the pillows are so smelly
(end up my husband and i rent a room at Patong Resort just right beside The Belle Resort)

CONS
-No parking lots
-noisy room

PROS
-the breakfast of the hotel was very nice! especially the American Breakfast (recommended), instead of eating at the roadside restaurant, i prefer to have my breakfast in The Belle Resort, as the roadside restaurant will simply charge you just because of you are traveller or foreigner, beware...

Room Tip: choose the room which have ur own balcony
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank veeky l
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed July 15, 2013

We have total of 8 travelers and we booked 2 standard and 2 superior room. Sad to say that the view and the condition of the standard room is much better than the superior one (which we have paid more for that!). Me and my gf chosen 1 of the superior room but there's no door for toilet! Same thing goes to my another gf who paid for superior room! We have requested to change another room due to inconvenience and the staffs are friendly enough to move us to another room located at ground floor (located in front of staircase and nearby the front counter and restaurant). The room was ok but we can barely slp due to the very poor sound proofed door and we can hear footsteps, kitchen helper preparing for breakfast in the early morning, ppl laughing and chatting around the corner. Me n my gf woke up very early due to the noisiness and we requested to change to another room for the next day AGAIN!! We r not a fussy person and we hate moving around but it was really noisy!! The last room we had was a standard room located at 3rd flr. The toilet and bathroom are seperated in two diff space and it's clean and tidy. Again, the nightmare hunt us again when we were sleeping.. seriously the sound proof of the door is really bad!!
Putting aside the negative comments, the service provided was great, good location (3min to patong beach), convenience (with restaurants-McD, Starbucks, local food etc, massage center, watsons, pubs and bistro just 5 min away from the hotel), cheap and reasonable price.
If you are a heavy sleeper i would strongly suggest to go for this hotel.. if not, pls think twice.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank lizziecsh
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed May 31, 2013

We stayed here for 3 nights and for a budget hotel it was good. The room is a good size and nice decor with TV. The location is close to the action but far enough away that it is still quiet. We were able to walk everywhere. Good shopping and restaurants nearby AND all you have to do is cross the street and you are at the beach. Big plus.
We had some minor issues which is why I'm not giving it a 5. The hot water went out 2-3 times but they promptly fixed it. Also during our first night,the air conditioner dripped and leaked on the floor but they also fixed this as soon as we told them and it did not drip again. The beds were okay but seriously for the price we paid it was a good accommodation and I would stay here again.
Tips: Delicious restaurant called ELLA a few doors down. Best place for a quality cocktail. Most employees have 5 star resort experience/training.
Book tours outside the hotel...its cheaper AND try to negotiate the rates!

Room Tip: Book tours outside the hotel. Eat and drink at ELLA.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank LilyP58
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed May 26, 2013

For the price I paid I suppose I can't complain much, but I really have to say while it was a clean hotel, in a very good location (2 minutes to the beach), it really wasn't very sound proofed. I could hear footsteps on it's fake wooden floors, doors closing and slamming, and kids wailing. You can not get a good night's sleep unless you are a super heavy sleeper.

The pool was a mini lap pool with dark tiles, and you have to be careful when going in to avoid kicking at the steps which were also made with the same dark tiles.

Did not try the food as my package did not include breakfast.

Internet was acceptable but slow at times especially at night when many are back and using it.

Do not go for the balcony room, it's pointless. You pay extra but it's practically on a narrow ledge with nothing to see.

Will not come back to stay.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Patong
Break Point Hotel
Tiras Patong Beach Hotel
Tiras Patong Beach Hotel
#13 of 407 in Patong
Patong Beach Bed and Breakfast

Been to The Belle Resort? Share your experiences!