“Great for children. Friendly staff”
Review of Blue Ocean Resort

Blue Ocean Resort
Ranked #44 of 337 Hotels in Patong
Reviewed January 20, 2011

Me and my family stayed at Blue Ocean for 7 days and we all had a great experience. Thai service is definately unique and we felt it even more at this hotel.
It's also brand new and from what I saw around it's the prettiest one in the area.
Also the relationship between price and services offered , in comparison with the competitors, helped us to support our final choice.
Quality of service, quick response from the staff to our needs, location, decoration, and the food are the strenghts of Blue Ocean.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank MarianaNarciso

Reviewed January 19, 2011

We stayed here only after our original hotel was overbooked (Andatel) and they drove over. The original hotel told us we (both couples) would have suites but really only one of us did. This was Andatel's fault, not Blue Ocean Resort's. The lady at the front desk of Blue Ocean Resort seemed arrogant upon check in and looked at us and our backpacks like we weren't meant to be there. She said SEVERAL times how much better this hotel was than what we paid for (she even told us in Baht what their usually clients pay) and how we were lucky to be there. It takes a lot to make me call someone arrogant (i'm from Beverly Hills after all) but even if we were of modest means it is NOT her place to treat us as if we should be staying at a "lesser" hotel. I was also caught of guard as "arrogant" is NOT a term I have used to describe any Thai person ever before. I also thought it was odd that she placed the room keys upside down on the counter and had us choose who got the suite. Especially after we expressed that we were both happy to have standards rooms and didn't care if anyone got the suite.
None-the-less the bellhops at Blue Ocean Resort were very nice as was the room service lady. Although I thought it was strange that they do not have a menu in the room but they come up and hand you the menu and stand there waiting for you to decide what you want on the spot. The room was very nice (a little cheesy due to overuse of blue lighting) but comfortable and spacious. The pool was beautiful. The man in charge of watching the bags (once you have checked out but not left Patong yet) was also very nice and took his job seriously. Overall I thought this place was a very good experience and most of the employees were excellent I just wish the arrogant lady at the front desk would fix that chip on her shoulder.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank CandaceAntonia
Reviewed January 18, 2011

There is so much to say about this hotel if i had all day it would take that long. My husband and I originally booked this hotel as just a stop over, but with the experience we had we ended up staying longer and totally enjoyed our stay, so much so that next year when returning we definitely will be coming here. We made some beautiful friendships that will be a lfe time memory for us and experienced being treated like Royalty.

The rooms are quite spacious and clean and quite surprising for the value of a nights stay. A lot more than you would probably expect. Quite lovely actually and plasma tv to boot, love seat , great beds, double showers and bath, great airconditioning, some rooms have a balcony and second sitting room. So worth it ! Great value for money ! Don't judge a book by it's cover though what you see in the foyer or from the outside of the building is not what is upstairs. The beds are so comfortable, and my husband has a bad back but never complained once about the bed. What was lovely as well was when our beds were made the house keeper out of towels decorated our bed with towels to make little elephants and spread petals of orchids and made love hearts out of them. You can even get a pool access room which is great to have the pool right at your feet. Not a large pool, but big enough to swim , lay in the sun and get a tan and just have a nice water melon shake from the bar a step away, and you do not even have to get up, they will get everything for you, believe me ! Your towel is even picked up and handed to you. The pool is clean and not crowded which is a good thing. EVERYTHING at this hotel takes a step beyond normal customer service.

My husband ended up in hospital with his back and the kindness of the staff truly showed its colors this particular day. We were offered three rides to the hotel by the hotel staff and then were driven free by the hotel to the hospital. One of the members of staff came to visit my husband at the hospital to check up on him, We were blown away by this ! We were later given flowers made by one of the staff's wives . It truly brought tears to your eyes. Every day they would ask how you are feeling if you were ill. They truly care about your well being, not like some hotels and i have stayed at some five stars which are so rude and arrogant. Even going shopping we were escorted and shown around by another member of staff who took time out of his own time to take us to the night markets and show us around phuket town. Even offered us lifts there on his and his wife's bike.

My husband is an extremely fussy traveller and has stayed in the most exclusive hotels all round the states etc. he said that he has never been treated as well as he was at this hotel and I too had the same experience. We were treated like a King & Queen and thats no exaggeration.

It might not have all the glitz and glamour as the larger hotels but what it lacks in this area it makes up in so many more areas.

The staff are truly amazing. The relationships you will gain and develop you will never forget. The kindness you are shown is just overwhelming and it will definitely soften your heart and make you love Thailand more and want to come back and definitely stay in this hotel. I know this is what it did to my husband.

You are waited on hand and foot, doors are opened for you, seats pulled out, you never have an empty coffee cup, you will be at the toaster and the staff will hold your plate and take your other to the table for you. You are greeted with a smile and even a thai language lesson.

The buffet breakfast is awesome, it ranges from your Asian spread on one side and then your continental / American on the other bacon, eggs, omelettes, baked beans, sausages, croissants, pastries, toast, cakes, yoghurt, fruit platters of all the wonderful thai fruits, Five different juices and ofcourse your coffee and tea.

The night staff including all the managers have a servants heart and they make sure you are looked after 100 % as well, even at 1030 pm they will still make you a later dinner !

When we left the hotel the staff bought us several gifts and exchanged details. We feel we have left a family behind and that is what it is. They make your stay so warm and wonderful you will always want to come back.

We know we will definitely be back here.

Liz & Chris Thurber
Melbourne, Australia

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed January 17, 2011

Blue Ocean Resort is a new hotel, very modern. We stayed at the pool access room at blue ocean resort for 3 nights and got to say that it was one of the best holidays we ever had in Thailand. The staff were friendly and very helpful at all times. Rooms are spacious and clean, and we thought the blue lighting in the rain shower made the bathroom look very elegant. There was a gadget in the room where you could plug in your ipod which would play on the huge flat screen tv. The internet in the room was free which we thought was excellent, however there was only LAN in the room. What we and kids loved most was the atmosphere of the pool side at night, nice lightings, lovely breeze. Will definitely go back one day

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank Bradddy
BOresort, Manager at Blue Ocean Resort, responded to this reviewResponded January 17, 2011

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your kind comments, as for our LAN connection, we intend to install the Wi-Fi connection in the very near future. We hope to have you here again soon

Best Regards

Reviewed January 13, 2011

We stayed here for three nights leading up to New Years Eve. We decided not to stay over the New Year as we didn't want to pay for the compulsory New Years Eve Gala Dinner.

On arrival we arrived at the hotel and someone took our bags up the stairs, we were given a cold drink and checked in. No problems. The lobby was ok, nothing special and a bit odd in my opinion. The hotel corridors to the rooms could be absolutely anywhere, very bland and boring. However in the rooms is a different story. They look absolutely brand new and very modern and clean. Nice bathroom with an excellent shower. The room also contained a mini bar which was reasonably priced, safe, scales, flat screen tv. I quite liked the electronic system next to the bed where you could control all the lights and air con.

We only used the restaurant for breakfast which was ok. It had the usual fare, English breakfast, American, continental and local Asian food. So there was always something for everyone. The service is a bit hit and miss, sometimes they would forget to offer coffee and then seem really embarrassed and apologetic when you went to get it yourself.

As for sleep quality, well that's a different story. If you want to get a good nights sleep then this place isn't for you. We were on the 5th floor and every night all you could hear from 10:00pm until 5:00am is some base music vibrating through the floors. I don't actually think it comes from the hotel. So at times we were woken up during the early hours and found it hard to drift to sleep. I was quite glad to be out of there so I could sleep properly.

The hotel has plenty of little shops nearby and short walking distance to restaurants too. The beach is around 5 minutes walk too.

We didn't use the pool area, mainly because it was shady from around 14:00pm onwards, but none the less the pool area was nice.

Overall we had no problems with the hotel other than the noise in the evening. However if I was coming back to Patong again, I would probably choose another hotel, mainly because I would prefer something quieter and with more outdoor space. We had chosen this one as it was in our price range for the Christmas/New Year period, I would recommend it only during the rest of the year price pending.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 7, 2011

This hotel is a total disaster, because of staff and management.
staff do not understand english, during brakfast, who was very poor, the staff was standing lookng at guests and talking to each other
Booked and payed for a room with jacuzzi, got a romm without, staff told us that hotel omly have one room with jacuzzi !?

This hotel is a joke DO NOT BOOK

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
3  Thank TomasS4
Reviewed January 2, 2011

I stayed at Blue Ocean over the new years holiday. The hotel itself was great, the location was perfect in vclose proximity to the beach (7 min walk) and main market area (5 min). As a solo female traveler I felt very safe at this location. The rooms were very nice with a big screen tv, comfy bed and great showers. The pool was very pretty with comfortable pool-side seating. I was very disappointed in the hotel service staff – from check in to check out you could tell it was a new hotel and the staff was not overly concerned with hotel guests needs - this was very disappointing seeing as how in my 3 weeks of traveling Thailand I could not have been more impressed with every other member of hotel services I encountered. The hotel entrance is up about 20 steps and I arrived with multiple bags and no one was there to assist with luggage. When I got to the check in counter I had to wait ten min. although there was no other guests waiting to be checked in. I asked tright away about internet and was told it was free (which it was) and let them know I had a computer but was told it was not wireless you needed to connect via etherenet - there was no cord in the room nad the person at check in did not bother to inform me I needed to get the cord from him. When I called down they made me come down to get the cord as opposed ot offering to bring one up. I was all at the hotel for the mandatory New Years Eve Gala, which they tell you about at check in.. when I asked to speak to a manager about not attending the event that was 3,800 Bhat (120USD) I was told that was not an option to talk to a manager which I felt was very rude. It turned out the food at the Gala was VERY DISAPOINTING, there was hardly any variety and the food was NOT GOOD. For the price drinks were not included (you had to pay for even water and soda) I ended up going elsewhere for food that night, so I wasted the money. At check-out I tried to speak to a manager again, but was denied by the staff to even talk to anyone. When checking out it took over 20 min, the individual who was “helping me” was working on something else and answering other phone calls while 3 other staff members just stood around doing nothing. Although the hotel itself is very nice and in a great location I was so dissatisfied by the service that I cannot recommend this hotel for the price. Maybe it was because service everywhere else in Thailand was so great that in comparison Blue Ocean did not stand up to the test…

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled solo