“Simply Great!”
Review of Blue Ocean Resort

Blue Ocean Resort
Ranked #42 of 328 Hotels in Patong
Reviewed June 5, 2014

I went to Phuket for Songkran holidays. Stayed here for 4 nights, good hotel in a good location,10 mins walk from everywhere (Beach. Jungceylon shopping center, Bangla road and night markets). Hotel is clean and well run, it has an amazing swimming pool, nice staff, comfortable rooms, breakfast is great. Finally, don't miss out on the spa...it really is worth a treat, i loved it!! it is worth every Baht spent from the very entrance to the good bye. I would definitely come back to this hotel again! Thanks to all the staff and keep it up, good job!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank MANAK S
There are newer reviews for Blue Ocean Resort

Reviewed June 3, 2014 via mobile

Well I should have written it long back but it's never too late if u want to praise someone qualities.
Miss NINA( manager)...I want to thank u first for arranging everything so beautifully on that night....from flower bed and room decoration to exclusive candle light dinner.
U guys truly made us feel like as we are in heaven.
I enjoyed every moment of our stay started from check in smiles till check out.
Best place to stay in phuket undoubtedly.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Anshul G
Reviewed May 30, 2014 via mobile

We picked blue ocean because of it's strategic location on the stretch of the night markets and being relatively near to Patong beach. Well, true enough, it wasn't too far down but the walk can get a little draggy. It will take about 15-20 mins to walk all the way to the end where shopping mall is located.

Personally I felt patong beach was dirty and overrated too, thus I felt it wasn't much worth it staying near the beach. It was good there are massage parlors along the hotel which makes it convenient. There are loads of food, cafés and bars too...

The hotel staff were inadequately trained to give directions to locals, an exception was the manager (I'm guessing), this Caucasian gentleman made an effort to remember my birthday and asked how was our hotel transfer as we chose the hotel pick up too. We've never met him before either, so I think his effort is pretty worth complimenting, also, I think if you needed directions, he would be able to provide it to you properly unlike their reception staff which doesn't really get what we were speaking.

The hotel transfer cost is 900 baht/way for a huge van -though it was only 2 of us quite comfy, and I had no complaints!

We managed to get an early check in as we arrived before the check in time, and not many hotels will allow early check in. With that said, we didn't manage to get a late check out as they'll charge a night for late check outs..

The rooms were clean and well ventilated with the aircon and pretty spacious too. The bathtub, however felt a little flimsy and plastic-ky. But it still was fine.

I'd have to agree with other reviewers that for a 4 star hotel, the features like the renovation works are not top notch and sleek, but the rooms were fine, toilet ceilings and paint may seem a little damaged. If you're going for a budget hotel, this is what you should just keep in mind.

For the price we paid, I don't think I have much of a stand to complain about the little nitty gritty stuff.

Do note, Patong beach is about a 7 min walk away :)

Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 24, 2014 via mobile

On first impression we were not too excited to be staying here for our honeymoon but after seeing our room and being assisted by great staff we thoroughly enjoyed our 2 night stay. Breakfast is good and the location is great. Our shower did not get as hot as I would have liked. Rooms big, clean and modern. Beds huge and comfortable. Pleasant stay.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 22, 2014

I always thought that a Resort had a long driveway, a massive pool, a choice of restaurants, a gym and kids rooms. Well, if that's the case, The Blue Ocean Resort is a Motel.
The pool shown in the website is much smaller in reality.
The pool is open from 10am to 730pm daily.
The creek (waterway) running past the Motel does get pretty smelly.
The view from most of the rooms is that of a shanty town or a 1970s adjacent motel.
The rooms are clean and staff are friendly.
The location is great and it is only a 5 min walk to Patong Beach and 1 min walk to the night market in Patong. A 10 min walk to attractions such as Hard Rock or Simon Cabaret.

If your after a resort this isn't your place (try Karon or Kata Noi) but if your after a nice Motel in the heart of Patong - check on in.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that opens onto the Pool.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Mick S
Reviewed May 18, 2014

My boyfriend and I were pretty much surprised upon entering our room, seeing as it's view was not very appealing. The room was especially cleaned, spacious (lots of walk space) with a large bathroom. It also has a remote dock that controls lights and airconditioning right next to your bed. All room as also equipped with a balcony, clothes stand to dry clothes, two chair and a table to chill. As mentioned, the bathroom is really spacious, with two shower in the shower room. The bathroom amenities are pretty normal, but what made me even happier was the quality of the towel.
The hotel is also situated in a strategic location: it is about 10 mins walk to cheap shopping areas, and to famous, bangla street and Jungceylon shopping centre. More importantly, patong beach is just 5 mins walk away. Eateries are abundance in that area as well, with a 7-11 store right next to it. Breakfast was pretty average. Menu switched daily, so the first two days of my stay was better.
Hotel staffs are really friendly and helpful. Excellent service especially when we needed help switching to another room. Front desk staff and manager gave me a lasting impression.
An adequately priced hotel that is almost comparable to a 4 star hotel.

P.S my boyfriend said that he experienced "weird" stuff on our second night. Although it led up to nothing, but it did raised an alarm for us.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Joy M
Reviewed May 17, 2014

Great hotel, clean rooms! 5 minute walk to the beach, and shops. Plenty of restaurants near by. Pool is wonderful to laze by, and the spa was amazing (and very good value for money). Staff are really attentive & happy to help with any needs.
Only 2 downsides, the inlet river beside the hotel can smell horrid (can turn you off your breakfast if at low tide), and can be noisy if there is a party downstairs or nearby. The tiled floors can also echo noise through the rooms (not great if drunken neighbours get in at 3 in the morning).
All in all though, a great stay!

Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family