“Good hotel”

Ranked #47 of 322 Hotels in Patong
Cairo, Egypt
“Good hotel”
Reviewed November 8, 2012

Blue ocean resort is a nice hotel the location is not very far away from Patong. Beach about 10 minutes walking but it is safe at night ,the room is very comfortable , big, modern ,clean ,the bathroom is spacious ,clean
The breakfast is not international only Thai with no varieties at all so we decided that there is no need to wake up every day to join the breakfast ,there is 7 eleven mart next to the hotel so u can anything from there easily
Overall the hotel is ok but next time we can stay at any other hotel on Patong beach with the same price

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Heba S

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (212)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Bloomington, Minnesota
Reviewed November 8, 2012

I booked this hotel based on other reviewer's opinions. Overall, I was very happy with the hotel. The room was very spacious, clean, and quiet. The bathroom was large as well and the shower was fabulous with the two showerheads. Had breakfast one time in the restaurant. Not impressed. We had wanted to go to the Phi-Phi Islands and when we finally made our decision, the tours we wanted were all booked up. The gentleman working their tour desk called around until he found us something. He went out of his way to help us. The only drawback is the lack of speaking English by front desk staff. But then again, I'm in Thailand and shouldn't expect everyone to speak English. When I went to check out and didn't have both key cards, they wanted to charge me for them. After I protested, they did not. I liked the location as it was not in the heart of the action of Patong Beach, but just a short walk from the beach.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank gr8tadventures
Rossington, null, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 5, 2012

We have been to Patong Beach befor and stayed at the Diamond Cliff Resort and (with Absloute) at the Bangla Suite. This hotel is just great for us as a mature couple. Friendly, clean and comfortable. The shower room is large and a delight to use. Our balcony on the 6th floor overlooked the pool and was a pleasure iN the evening looking over the hills and trees.

Room Tip: Lovely coffe and cake just round the corner in the gay friendly Oneseven
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Robert B
Thalang District, Thailand
Reviewed October 31, 2012

I stayed here alone for a whole week n its a great place for a getaway. No complaints. The rooms are spotless clean, and so comfortable. The housekeeping staff here do great work and always help out with all the requirements I needed throughout the stay. Breakfast was great - many mixes to choose from with thai, indian, european and even chinese dishes to choose from. I normally go sit at the restaurant bar during happy hour, and this is what i like most about this place. The waiters and bartenders were really friendly and even though I was alone there for 1 week.. it did not feel like I was alone for 1 moment. A great place to stay if you ever drop by Phuket. I will return here next year.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Sridhar R
Perth, Australia
Reviewed October 26, 2012

This is qmy 4th time to Phuket and have always been impressed with e quality of the hotels and the friendliness of the staff (Diamond Cliff Resort and Impiana Phuket Cabana) I booked this hotel through "CUDO" a discount holiday company in Australia ( 7nights for $400) and due to the reviews on trip advisor reluctantly decided to book this hotel due to the majority of positive comments . This hotel nothing short of terrible with the staff being very rude and unfriendly They had no record of my booking even though I supplied them my confirmation details , they then proceeded to tell me I would need to stay somewhere else that night until they spoke to the holiday company the next day .....once this was finally sorted I was taken to my room to find it run down , dirty and in need of a complete overhaul. ( thankfully the hot water was working unlike some comments on trip advisor ) the breakfast is definitely not up to scratch and to have bowls of jams and honey on display with bees all through it was just ludicrous ( the staff ignored this).The pool is quite nice, however it overlooks a waste dumping land which is gross....I'm currently still at this hotel however am on expedia looking to move to a another hotel ASAP . My lesson has been learnt and I know for next time you get what you pay for and I will hurry straight back to the Impiana Phuket Cabana on my next visit to patong which I love

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
12 Thank Clint S
Reviewed October 26, 2012

I travelled to Phuket this October and this resort matched everything we really looked for! We wanted the pool access room - but could not get it the first night as it was fully booked. So we stayed in the superior room first and then shifted again. Both rooms were of high standards! Excellent!

Staff were always helpful and the manager even helped us with certain issues we had with a tuk tuk driver when we arrived.

We saw reviews about complaints due to problems with hot water, and got worried since we had already booked. But there was no issue at all. Probably, they fixed it already. Best part of the room was the rainshower which was like water massaging you - good fun!

Room offered complimentary minibar - a few soft drinks and snacks. What else could you ask for with such value?

• Stayed October 2012
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed October 25, 2012

Blue Ocean was a delight and the right choice that we had made to spend our holiday in Phuket. Its placed in a quiet corner in Patong but still very easy to get around. The deluxe room that we had stayed in were large and comfortable. We were offered complimentary welcome drinks and a fruit platter on arrive. Staff were really welcoming, and helped us throughout our check in process, leaving us right at our room and explaining about all facilities provided in our room.

The tour guy next to the lobby area was also very helpful. We bought the phuket fantasea show from him and he did suggest us some other things we could do around phuket, like the elephant trekking and the phi phi island.

The hotel also has an extraordinary spa, but we did not get a chance to use it since it we went on our last day and it was fully booked. We will definitely go reserve it first if we come back here the next time, which I believe we probably would. All in all, a fantastic place to stay at.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends