“Wow, great everything....”
Review of Blue Ocean Resort

Blue Ocean Resort
Ranked #42 of 328 Hotels in Patong
Reviewed July 15, 2012

We couldnt go past the direct pool access rooms at Blue Ocean. The value for money was great, and think this little place would rival some of the five star hotels around. The room was impeccably clean with a fantasic lay out. A power shower that would be hard to ever bet. Room amenities were modern and plentiful, staff and service were fantastic, restaurant offered a brilliant breakfast and excellent meals through out the day. Happy hour was happy, No noise, no young party people and in a great location. If staying in Patong again we would not go past this hotel.

Room Tip: Room 204 - Direct pool access room has a balcony leading to the pool that is double the size of the...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank MelGeelong
There are newer reviews for Blue Ocean Resort

Reviewed July 7, 2012

Stayed here for 4 nights during our trip to Phuket. Chose this hotel on the basis of previous traveller reviews and some great deals on their website. The resort is relatively newer than the others in the vicinity, so the property is well maintained and facilities are modern. The resort is about a 5-min walk from Patong beach and about a 15-20 min leisurely walk to the center of Patong (Jungceylon mall, Soi Bangla, etc.), but the walk is not dull, because of the numerous stalls, shops, and restaurants lined up along the way. Patong is a crowded part of Phuket, with mainly party-goers opting to stay here because of the proximity to the nightspots, happening Patong beach road, and the huge mall, of course. That being said, Blue Ocean resort is at the peaceful end of the road, and the property is rather cosy.

We opted for the pool access rooms and were not disappointed; the rooms are modern, spacious, and well furnished, with an adequately sized bathroom. The bathroom has a window that opens directly into the bedroom; a feature designed specially for couples. The shower pressure was amazing; just what you'd need after a tiring day and night in town.

The pool access was very convenient; the pool and resort are beautifully lit at night.

Breakfast was a standard American +Continental spread. The view from the breakfast area wasn't the best (some nearby construction), but that may have changed now.

Check-in and check-out were smooth, but the staff wasn't the friendliest. When I requested for an iron, they told me they didn't have one; I found it a bit hard to believe that a 4-star property with such modern amenities did not stock an iron. The staff did not even seem apologetic about that; the response was pretty curt, which was a turn off. Otherwise, the room was fully equipped with all the comforts expected from a 4-star property. The multimedia console was convenient and free wifi was useful.

I'd recommend this resort if you wish to stay in Patong, close to the center of town, but want to avoid all the chaos and madness of party-goers and are prepared for the 15-20 min walk back.

Room Tip: The pool access rooms are value for money; spend a bit more for that extra dash of luxury and romanc...
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Neelomi
Reviewed July 5, 2012

We stayed 7 nights in this hotel in a Superior room. Excellent rooms with great showers.
Pool was good a liitle shady during the day.
Staff were OK with out being outstanding.
Far enough away from the center of town to be quiet but close enough to walk there if need be.
Will be that first and last time we visit Patong.

1  Thank AndyandLinda
Reviewed July 2, 2012

Well, what can I say? Can't fault this hotel, although there may be a few points that need improvements. But again - they are very small factors that didnt affect me much. Other than that - things were just delightful.

Let me point out the pros first - wonderful staff, everyone was always cheerful, very motivated.
Hotel facilities were quality. It was almost like many things were fit into a small hotel and I say that in a good way, cause it gives a warm cozy feeling. Breakfast had a quite some choices, we'd always be the last to enter since we are late wakers ha ha. And the bed made it even harder to get up cause it was so comfortable.

Things I thought the hotel should consider improving would be on the english, had some problems communicating at some point, but then again, it's Thailand - thats how it is over there. I would rather prefer the people with thai service mind even if they dont speak much english. Other than that, no complaints, we will look into coming back agian. Thanks to k jarun and all the other staff that were very kind with the help.

Room Tip: definitely the suites, not so much more on the price, but way more on the quality
1  Thank StevieG s
Reviewed July 2, 2012

My wife and I are frequent travellers to Thailand, expecially Phuket, for the Food, Place and the Friendly People!
We find Blue Ocean Resort a quiet, cosy and cool place suitable for our walkabouts around the nearby Patong area for shopping, food, drinks and entertainment!
Staff are friendly and helpful and they always make our stay comfortable!
I.T.& Veron Ooi

Room Tip: Get one that opens up to the Swimming Pool!
1  Thank NaTawi
Reviewed June 30, 2012

Just returned from our first trip to Phuket and loved every minute of it!!

We stayed for a week at the Blue Ocean and werent disappointed. We stayed in a Pool Access room which was gold! Room was 5 star and everything we were led to believe. Our king bed was to die for. Most comfortable bed we've ever slept in.

The beauty of having pool access for us was that we didnt have to leave our room to have a swim. We didnt have the hassle where you have to grab your towel, lock your safe, lock your room, catch a lift, make your way to the pool and find a chair/bed etc Being able to walk out to our balcony/patio and step into the pool was priceless for us for the few extra dollars it cost. Yes the pool is on the small side but perfect to cool off and relax in.

Everything else was 5 star for us. Dont mind the slight whiff from the river. Most of Patong smells a little but its surprising how quickly you get used to it. However there is a construction site on the other side of the river and was a little noisy a couple of times but not enough to ruin anything.

The hotel is a 10mins gentle stroll to the beach and 20 to Bangla Rd where most of the night time action is. If you dont fancy the walk it will cost you 400 Baht (USD$13) for a return trip to Bangla tho which can add up over a weeks stay. Plenty of markets, restaurants/bars, massage parlours, money exchangers and 7 eleven nearby means you dont have to venture to the hussle & bussle of Bangla if you didnt want to. Tour operators are cheaper outside the hotel tho. Tours were selling for about 50% less than the hotel outside on the road.

Conclusion: Great hotel all round. Highly recommended!

Room Tip: Pool Access is gold!! Dont get the one that opens out to the kiddie pool tho ;-)
3  Thank Irish_Lad72
Reviewed June 29, 2012

It is hard for me to like a hotel whenever I travel.. but I must say I'm extremely with the Blue Ocean. Rooms are stylish.. give me a very relaxed feeling everytime I enter.. from long days of tours and excursions at Hkt. Breakfast has many varieties to choose from, which is good - especially for me since they also offer Halal food. Other than that there were choices of indian, thai and chinese. Loved the staff. Always willing to help with sincere smiles at all times..All in all a very good 4 star resort - Patong has become a bit too crowded for me though, so I did spend most of my time at the hotel. I suggest to use the Olana spa, very professional masseuses and it play an important role in my relaxin holiday

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo