“We like it!”
Review of Blue Ocean Resort

Blue Ocean Resort
Ranked #44 of 337 Hotels in Patong
Reviewed February 28, 2012

I stayed with my hubby and 2.5 yrs old son in their deluxe room for 3 nights. We requested a bigger room facing pool. It was great. The room is very spacious and has big bathroom with both shower and triangle bathtub where we all can sit in together to play with my little boy. The balcony is big as well.

This hotel is not too close to the shooping / night life but within 10 - 20 min walk. Beach is about 10 min away.

The sewage don't really bother us except that of course it spoilt the scenary.

Buffet breakfast are of average varieties and is acceptable to our palate.

However, the mattress are very firm that I guess small size people like us might find it too hard for our ribs. Hope they could look into it the next time they intend to change the mattress.

Room Tip: Some rooms do not get much sunlight. You may want to request according to your liking the room with...
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank BeeChan01

Reviewed February 23, 2012

So, be ready for the fetid smell of sewage.

Location - Aside from the fact that it is located by a sewer. I wished it was a tad closer to the night life but it is a mere 10 mins walk to Patong Beach.

Rooms - Not bad, so far stayed in 4 hotels on my trip but this has been the worst. That does not make it bad per se. No internet in the rooms only lobby with two computers.
But,I will say the toilet is nice and has the best shower i have had. Its almost like standing under a waterfall.

Breakfast - Buffet with eggs cooked to order, some cold cuts of mea, fruit, bread etc. enough to keep the bufetterians happy

Pool - Not big enough to do laps in but some hotels in PAtong have pools equating to glorified bath-tubs.The pool & restaurant overlooks the sewer, be ready to deal with the smell and sight.To add to it there is also a slum right opposite.

Gym - ITs a fitness station in one of the hallways (seriously). You can say hello to anyone on that floor heading down to breakfast.

Service - My biggest issue was their lack of friendliness. Were they polite? Yes but so are people at the DVLA, IRS and the DMV. Think of your country's government office or the bank. Every morning at breakfast we were asked the same room number by the same person. Cleaning staff on two occasions did not clean the room, just provided fresh towels& that was it. Reception staff were no help in orienting us to patong or suggesting anything.

Did not try the sauna although there is one good review on TA about it. So, cant comment.

Bottom line - For every good thing this hotel had, there was one bad thing. Good pool located by sewer. Good breakfast with slum in view. OK room/great bathroom. So its like the rosarch test. A test of yur personality - Are you an optimist or a pessimist. Do you see the positives and ignore the negatvies ? IF yes, its a good hotel. IF you cant, or think that 130USDs a night means you shouldnt have to, stay away. Stay here if you cant get anything else or if like us, you feel(felt) it is(was)value for money. We wouldnt stay here again. There are better options out here.

Tips - IGNORE the guy selling the over-priced ours. Walk around Patong and compare prices. We arranged for an island tour at 1050 bahts/person which was being sold in the hotel for 3500/person!!

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ascalapius
BOresort, Manager at Blue Ocean Resort, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2012

Dear Guest,

We would firstly like to apologize for the inconveniences caused and that if our resort were not up to your standards. We thank you for comment, and will definitely make sure to take things into consideration for further developments and improvements.

Please be informed, that it is not a sewer that is located near the hotel, but the patong canal that leads directly to the beach. Rarely in really hot occassions do the water level drop, and causes us some problems, but we are in the process of a project that should be able to clear us of these occassions as well.

We once again apologize for any inconveniences, and thank you once again for your comments.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed February 22, 2012

Stayed here for 14 nights after having surgery in March 2011. Upon arrival first thing we could see was a massive dirty swamp - we were ready to turn around straight away, but after entrying and being greeted by the friendly staff, we were quite surprised, the hotel is new with nice decor, our room on the third floor overlooking the the pool area, was big and modern (there were 3 of us) enough room for us all. I didnt get to swim but the other two seemed to enjoy :) pool is modern, new and clean, at night time looks amazing as they have lights around it all. Breakfast is nice, fresh, a bit of a variaty.

I would defiantly recommend this hotel, although the only down side is the swamp the hotel is next to, it didnt smell or anything - just a eye saw. And they seemed to play music around the pool area that you can hear in your till about 10pm - this would be fine with me if it wasnt the same three annoying songs constantly on repeat.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank meowreow
Reviewed February 21, 2012

I was in Blue Ocean for 1 week, the room was very clean & the staffs are so polite. The location was great, a little far from the central, but it was calm. Near the beach, every thing was available. The breakfast was not very good. Overally it was ok for such a 4star hotel.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank SOLINA1986
Reviewed February 20, 2012

The Good:
The Lobby was modern and chic, the bar and restaurant had good service and decent food, the spa had great prices and packages, rooms were decent for the price, and the shower in the bathroom was amazing.

The Bad:
The views left a lot to be desired. My room looked right at the adjacent building. The pool was pretty small.

The Ugly:
While at the pool or restaurant you are looking directly at the nearby sewage stream.

Overall it was a decent hotel for the price. The location was within walking distance of the nightlife and beach, but far enough from the noise. I found the staff to be quite pleasant despite some of the other reviews. I would probably recommend the hotel for someone on a budget.

• Stayed: January 2012
Reviewed February 12, 2012

We got a huge room with the nicest and biggest shower I have ever seen! However, there were stains all over the floor and the bed linnen looked and felt as if they hadn't been changed after the previous guest. The breakfast was only ok. Wifi was only available in the lobby which was pretty shocking for a hotel of that standard. I would not come here again - not to terrible, terrible Patong and not to the Blue Ocean Resort.

• Stayed: February 2012
Reviewed February 5, 2012

I have stayed at Blue Ocean Resort & Spa for 4 nights (from 27th Jan to 31st jan 2012) with my wife & would like to say that I have had my most memorable holiday in Phuket.
Blue Ocean Resort is a 4 star hotel, it is very neat, clean & very decent. The Front desk staff was always smiling and very cooperative to help in all matters. The staff at the restaurant was also very patient & cooperative. I have to specially mention about the restaurant becuase, I am a pure vegetarian and once the staff knew about this, they made special arrangements for me & my wife. I have to specially mention about Mr. Roshan (the Indian Chef), who made sure that we were served the food as per our requirments.

We had stayed in the room which was with Pool Access. You have direct access to the Pool. The pool is not very big but it was big enough to have a swim & enjoy. I am very sure that families with kids will definitely enjoy being in the room.

The location of Blue Ocean is just perfect. It is around 7 - 8 minutes walk to the Patong Central area & Patong Beach. So basically, you can have a peaceful night's sleep when you are in the hotel & also in a location which easily accessible to the main area of Patong (for shopping, Beach, Different variety of restaurants etc).

The main reason why I chose Blue Ocean resort Was because of the comments I read on Trip Advisor. Maximum comments were positive but the most impressive thing was that, for the major Negative comments (which were anyways very few), there was someone from the Hotel management who was responsible enough to reply & clarify them. That made me think that if the Hotel management is so responsbile to clarify themselves on trip advisor comments, then they will surely take care, if i have any problems.And my judgement was 100% correct. In fact I did not get any reason to complain for anything. Their service overall was really great.

In short for my next Holiday in Phuket, I would definitely stay at Blue Ocean Resort & Spa & would definitely recomment my friends & family to stay there, whenever they go to Phuket.

Room Tip: Pls. Book the Pool Access Room
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple