Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed August 23, 2011

We stayed here as part of our honeymoon. To save money for our Koh Samui part of the holiday we choose Blue Ocean for it's location and price. Only $56 per night including a yummy buffet breakfast was great! It stated on the website that it was newly built and that is true, we enjoyed all the modern fixtures and free internet. For the price we weren't expecting much but were very pleasantly surprised! I'd suggest this hotel to people who like to spend more money on shopping and exploring than accommodation. The reception staff were lovely, wait staff a bit distracted but ok.

Date of stay: May 2011
3  Thank Bellej1981
Reviewed August 21, 2011

My husband booked online through wotif for 2 nights so we could see what it was like. We loved it and moved to a pool access room for the next 6 nights, this hotel is excellent value, The staff are very friendly and easy to communicate with. We found it to be quiet and relaxing. It is close to Patong beach, only 5 minute walk. There is an excellent day spa just across the road called "emotion", classy and very skilled, I had a facial and my husband had a relaxing oil massage. It does look very small when you first arrive, i was a bit puzzled when we arrived, But when we went up the lift we were able to see the whole hotel and it was lovely. We hired a scooter through the hotel and this was a very easy and smooth process.

Room tip: book through wotif for the first couple of nights, then book through the hotel.
2  Thank adyw
Reviewed August 15, 2011

My wife and I stayed here for 4 nights at a great rate. We had a pool access room which was fantastic. It started well with the driver arranged through the hotel, who was a cautious and helpful.

The rooms are large and clean with great tv/entertainment facilities. All lighting, aircon and clocks are controlled through a device by the bed. The beds are large and comfortable. The shower area is massive with 2 shower heads.

The pool was beautiful but maybe small if the hotel was full during peak season. The pool access was a delight and still provided privacy.

The breakfast was sufficient with a good variety. The egg station was a big plus. The food included breads/pastries, fruits, salads, thai dishes, eggs, hot foods and juice. Each day was different. Only downside was that small bees liked the jam pastries but were removed continuously by staff.

The service was exceptional. Yes most of the staff don't have great english but just remember you are in Thailand so maybe we should learn more of their language. A few of the staff had great english (one in breakfast and one at the desk). Always was meet with a greeting and smile. The bell boy who handled our bags was great. Went to give him a tip after bringing our bags to our room and before I could get the tip out he had left...........not like some places where they hang around hinting for a tip :)

Overall it was a great experience. The hotel is a walk away from Patong which I liked. Heaps of massage, 711/convenience stores and restaurants just outside hotel. The hotel design/furnishings are not 5 star (more 4 star at least) but for value is 5 stars.

Thanks so much to everyone involved.

Room tip: Pool access is very handy
1  Thank dprebble
Reviewed August 9, 2011

I have been wanting to stay at the Blue Ocean Resort for a while now after reading its good reviews and passing by the hotel on my last trip to Phuket. I must say it looks extremely underwhelming and small from the outside, when we arrived, my husband was a little worried and said: "This is it?" Lol...

But when we entered the lobby which was on the 2nd floor, it was actually a very cosy, clean and homely but modern hotel. It seems to be a rather new establishment, with furnishings and surroundings still being relatively new and clean and not tainted or dirty like some other hotels we have been to. Let me break this hotel down for you to the pros and cons:

PROs:
1) Service was fine - I give them a thumbs up for always smiling and the bell boy for always being around. When we checked in, he was there, when we checked out, he was promptly there again! Haha, this doesn't happen much at other phuket hotels i must say. I felt a genuine smile from them at breakfast, at the reception and when i wanted to get another key card because one of ours went missing. They were always very obliging.
PLUS - I would like to thank them for the late check out they gave us till 2pm which they did not charge us for! Let me tell you again - that does NOT always happen in Phuket/Patong!

2) Room - We booked a pool access room (check out my photos!) and i must say that the room is extremely well thought out. It was spotless, new, modern with flat screen TV and some high-tech units to plug in your cables at the side. The bed had those expensive, white bedding and it was SO comfy to sleep on, for 3 nights there, i slept like a baby! Our room 211 has an amazing view of the pool and mountains (see photos!). The toilet had 2 sides, one with a rain shower(my favourite!) and one with a normal shower with a seat to sit down or put your things. Nice. The balcony leading to the pool was also clean and nice with a clothing rack but the pool is something else to be desired (see under CONs for pool).

3) Location - It's a convenient base to start out your Patong operations if you haven't been there before. But my husband and I are patong pros by now so we found it to be still a tad far from Jungceylon, where we spend most of our time. It's about a 15 min walk if you don't stop, 20 mins if you are slow. However, it's closer to Patong beach, just cut across the road from the hotel and walk 5 mins and you are there! There are many shops and massages when you turn right after leaving the hotel. You'll never be lack of food or shopping. There's a 7-11 just downstairs the hotel too and Hard Rock is just a little further down your right.

CONs:
1) The Pool - When i saw the pictures in their website and other reviews, it didn't seem that small. However, i must say it's more of a wading pool, then a swimming pool. You can't really do laps, and if more than 5 people are in the pool, it will be too crowded. The water is slightly too cold as the sun only covers the pool from late morning to early afternoon, a very short time. But otherwise, it is clean and not too deep.

2) Spa - They gave us a voucher to use at their spa but when i wanted to use it on Saturday, it was closed all day! Of all days to close, Saturday is the best time for them to do business!

3) Breakfast - Very basic, but could be improved. The only thing worth eating is of course, the eggs station where they make eggs you request for. The hot food is sometimes too hard and cold. The bread/pastry section is too scary to eat as i saw bees sucking on it. It must mean the pastry is tasty though!

I wouldn't mind staying here again if they continued their very reasonable rate for their pool access rooms. For the price i paid, i would call it value for money. Hopefully, the rooms and the areas maintain it's newness and cleanliness, the service stays pleasant and we may consider coming back!

2  Thank melovechups
Reviewed August 6, 2011

Large and nice bedrooms, conveniently located close to the happenings of Patong, good food, good service for a very reasonable price :)

Date of stay: July 2011