“Good Location” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #44 of 319 Hotels in Patong
Brisbane, Australia
“Good Location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2011

Stayed here for 5nights, we availed the free night promo. 5 minute walk from Patong beach. About 15-20minute walk to Bangla road for night partying. Lots of massage choices (the Mango Tree had the best foot massage!) and so many restaurants to choose from in about a few steps away. Near the Patong Otop shopping paradise as well!

The facilities is okay for an island experience. I'm very particular with toilets and shower and Blue Ocean ticks the box. Buffet breakfast has a lot of choices and coffee gets served to you and freshly cooked eggs. The rooms are quite modern. The happy hour singer is really not my cup of tea though. It's a little bit annoying, especially the old guy singing. Two things that needs improvement: 1) Consistency in housekeeping. Sometimes we would have no facetowel, sometimes there's no towels, they don't clean the balcony area, and only replaces one waterbottle.I suggest have a checklist so that the housekeeping team can make sure they covered everything 2) Reception's english language skills. I was asking about tours and it took me forever to get the message across. She's saying words like "toilet?" "dvd player?"... and all I said was "do you have any information about different tours?" So I have to speak like an idiot - "tour - island hopping- price?" then she got it...........
Good place to stay but Patong town is very touristy, the whole island is pretty much exploited by tourists, even the island hopping tours. I've seen better islands respected by both locals and tourists in Palawan Philippines.

Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Beachinista

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (205)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Weissensee, Austria
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2011

We stayed at the Blue ocean suite this July and loved it!
Really spacious rooms, clean and spacious toilet.. the room also had a flat screen tv which was connected to media console.. which we then used to connect to our latop to watch movies :D

Really loved the whole experience.. and would definitely recommend it for the perfect getaway!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank vange250
New Delhi, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2011

we (me and my husband) visited Thailand for our wedding anniversary. and booked this hotel in Phuket. First of all, the resort is not very near to the beach, you have to walk around 5-10 min to reach there. but after sometime that doesn't bother you. we Check in was smooth and room was very clean and modern. shower area was gud and we loved the room. for internet, either you have to sit in lobby for wireless, otherwise, do remember to carry your LAN wire for free access in your room. Swimming pool was also good and there are no. of options available for food. Indian restaurants are also available for veg food on the patong beach road. on the way to beach, there are a lot of bars which also serve very nice food and snacks. BangLa road is a good 10-15 min walk from hotel. 7-11 is just 2-3 shops next to the resort. Overall, we loved our stay there specially for the cleanliness and modern room. :) next time also, I'll prefer staying here only.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2011

Me and a couple of my university friends visited phuket this february. We were looking for affordable and luxurious rooms and Blue Ocean resort was perfect for us.

The beach was only a 5 minute walk and the jungceylon shopping mall and bangla road were also close by.

Great experience overall.

• Stayed February 2011
      Location
      Rooms
Perth, WA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2011

Ok, lets start out with this being a "review" from someone thats just stayed there with no affiliation to anyone or anything. As hotels go this was "average at best". If this hotel was newly built in 2010 I would seriously question the builder. I know were talking Thailand here, but I seriously doubt it. Renovated ?? maybe, but new?? The pictures are a little bit unfair to what you actually get. We stayed with friends and the 2 rooms were not even close to the same. I question old style walnut colour wood vaneer on the cabinetry as being "2010" and our friends room seemed to be "unfinished" as though they had run out of cabinets along the wall where the fridge was etc. I will say the shower was great, well the idea anyway. Anyway, the location is described as being beside the Patong River....I think they meant Patong Sewer.!!! Its basicaly an inner city style hotel, no gardens to speak of. The staff were average..polite enough but very poor on the communications side of things. And i've never paid for a bucket of ice in my life in a hotel..until now!! We chose this place because it was "new" after 2 visits to the Patong Merlin and we felt some of the rooms there were getting a little "dated". I suppose sometimes you really should just stick with what you know. Over all another great holiday, you cant fault the place. Well you can, but hey this is Thailand.

Room Tip: Stick to a resort style hotel, cant go wrong
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank busdriva69
Arkansas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2011

I would have given this place four stars except for the following: there is a precariously balanced wooden washcloth holder in the bathroom....it is a wooden tray that sits on top of the fingers of four upraised hands. The first day, when I reached for a cloth, the thing fell over and a hand fell off. I didn't think it was any big deal bc it could be easily fixed. However, housekeeping whisked it away and I never saw it again (she took the hands and left the tray). On the last day, I received a $10 bill (after I had checked out) accusing me of "damaging" hotel property and demanding that I pay for it. I asked them to produce this item (which could have been repaired and re-used and was not worth $10 in Thailand). The housekeeper whipped it out of her cart but failed to mention I had left her 8 bottles of water worth $2 each and a $40 unopened bottle of wine (all of which she had been told she could personally keep). Needless to say, I paid for the "damage", took it home, fixed it and put it in my own bathroom, where it holds delicate soaps next to my tub. FYI, I also saw them pour used juices and water back into containers at breakfast to serve the next day, so stay away from the breakfast liquids. Also, the owner of the hotel lets the son of Patong's chief of police bring his screaming young kids to the pool during happy hour, so be forewarned....don't stay here if you don't want kids around

Room Tip: Ask for the seventh floor
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank shoesArkansas
Christchurch
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2011

We stayed twice in June. Once for 4 nights (prebooked) and then again for 2 nights (walk in) at the end of our holiday.

The Hotel: is on the edge of the main area but we liked that as it wasnt in the main hussle and bussle of Patong so was very quiet once inside. It was easy to find and just a 5-10min walk to the beach area. It took about 15-20mins to walk to Jungceylon and Bangla Road.The staff were helpful, reception was good, breakfast was good and there was free internet in reception and on level 3. The pool was clean, the bar and restaurant were fine with happy hour from 5-6pm (and 2 for 1 drinks). They had live music each day from about 5-7.30pm. The duo tried hard and were very professional, waving to us on our balcony each evening but were not very good! There is a 7/11 next door, a taxi stand outside which was fine to use for local Patong trips (all 200b) but we used a prebooked driver service for our airport transfers and around the Island tour (Mr JoJo and Daj). Check in and out went smoothly. We used BBs massage a few doors down and found them to be good but generally went to the main part of town for meals where there were better restaurants.

The Pool Access Room for 4 nights: These rooms were excellent and we loved having access to the pool from our balcony. I was worried there would be no privacy but there were well placed plants between the pool and the room. The rooms are as per the photos, the bed was very comfortable, a great bathroom with 2 types of showerhead and we loved being able to control the lights and aircon from the console by the bed. We got a deal on their website for 2300b per night, pay for 3 and get 4 and this was excellent value for this room. I would highly recommend this room type especially at this price.

Superior room: After a visit to Rawai Beach we came back to the Blue Ocean for our final 2 nights and sadly we couldnt get a pool room so took a superior room one level above and overlooking the pool. At 1600b a night this was also excellent value. The room wasn't quite as nice as the pool room and looked a little different to the photos but was still a good size with a great comfortable bed, nice size balcony and a good bathroom. It smelt a little (perhaps a smoker had been in there before us even though it said it was a no smoking room) but we aired it which helped. The delux room was 1900b but we dont look at these.

Overall we really rate this hotel, its new, very clean, good facilites and excellent value for money in the low season. We would stay here if we visit Patong again.

Room Tip: Get a Pool access room, its very afforable
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple