“Great Location with Value for Money”

and 1 more site!
Patong Rose Guest House
Ranked #156 of 334 Hotels in Patong
Reviewed March 23, 2014

Stayed 22-27Jan 2014. I was in a confused state of mind after reading mixed reviews in Trip Advisor. So, I decided late to book this hotel and that time no rooms were available online neither in Agoda nor in other. I mailed to the owner Mr. Karle Karlson. He some how confirmed me a Superior room and sent the voucher online. I arrived in the morning 9am and could not checkin because there was no room vacant as the check7n time was 2pm. So, we kept our luggage and just started roaming at the beach which was few steps away from the hotel. Mr. Karle tried and at 12.30pm we checkedin.
Great location, all attractions are near by in walking distance, clean rooms witj windows and good views. Karle and his manager Ms. Ning are very helpful and always eager to help you in all respect. I booked all my tours like phi phi and James Bond island tour through Ning and enjoyed witjout any problem and that to with normal price. I also took Ning's scoter for rent and explored the island in half the price which other charge. There is no restraurant but it is not a problem as many restraurants are available steps away.
Good value for money for such a great location. They provided beach towels which were clean. Karle also booked a taxi for me at the time of deparature even I had informed very late night but I have seen him running infront of me at late night to book a taxi voucher. But the taxi driver did not behave me properly and was not good but I will not blamr Karle as the taxi was provided by Andaman Tours in Patong.

My overall experience is great. I will not only repeat this hotel but also reccomend others to stay at this hotel. Thanks Karle and Ping for your great service.

Room Tip: Superior with windows
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank bkdashbbsr

Reviewed March 19, 2014 via mobile

I have spent here some days in November. The structure offers very good rooms for an affordable price. Rooms are large and always tidy and clean! More, the guesthouse is located just a few steps away from the beach and from the downtown. The staff id very friendly and supportive and the owner Kalle has been an excellent host! If I am going again over there, for sure I will be booking here!

Marco

Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed September 3, 2013

We stayed here as we only had a small budget, went by the pictures on the net was thinking this was going to be a good guest house..But when we got there and taken to our room we found the cupboards were broken, no safe in room ,no blankets... And I was surprised when I opened the window expecting a decent view like they had pictured, but NO I could touch the next building it was no more then 2 feet away.. Would not stay here or recommend anyone to stay here

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
7  Thank BruceandAmber
PTRGH, Manager at Patong Rose Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded September 29, 2013

We don´t promise any view from the Standard rooms which is your booking was, safety box are in every room you maybe not opened the "broken" cupboard, blanket we give only if you request, not provide becouse we want to safe electric power and enviroment through to get our customer to set the aircon at higher temp.
The only thing which is disturbing me with your review that you never complained to my stuff about anything, only here, you don´t think is it strange?

Reviewed June 24, 2013

Me and friends stay here for 4days everything was good. The owner is friendly and helpful, He even upgrade my standard room to a superior room for no extra charges. Free WiFi & Safe in every room as well.Plan to stay here again for next trip. Good location, Good Value, Friendly, Helpful owner and staff and Cleanliness as well what else do you expect. To all travellers outside highly recommended to stay here.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank numanuma06
Reviewed March 23, 2013

The location of the guest house was good, only 2 minutes away from the beach and good access to all the bars and restaurants. The staff and owner were really friendly and helpful. However, we felt the room could be better. We stayed in the standard room and there were no windows with sunlight! We would wake up in the morning, but it would be completely pitch black! There were lots of brown stains on our bed sheet and and a giant cigarette burn right between the two pillows. We also had no shower door or curtain, so water splashed everywhere in the bathroom after each shower. The beach towels for the guests to take to the beach were also poorly cleaned.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank jny32
PTRGH, Manager at Patong Rose Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded March 30, 2013

We have only 4 Standard room, unfortunately only 2 bright one, the other 2 have also window but the house walls are to close to each other so no sunlight reach in to the room, however those rooms are the cheapest and we also have this info in the room description. The other 15 room are bright rooms but they cost also more as those.

About the stains and the cigarette burn on the sheet, I´m surprised, you should only mention this matter to the stuff for a immediately sheet replacement. I gonna interrogate this matter, we not tolerate smoking in the house so I really don´t know how could that happened.
We have shower door in the bath room, slides ones but unfortunately they are very old and not slides any more so that because we equipped those room with the usual plastic shower curtain, once again I going to check it out why the curtain was not there.

Our beach towels sends to the laundry every day I´m assure you those are fresh every day, we have about 10-15 aged ones, some of with bleach stain, they maybe not look like the new ones but they are clean.
We are a budget guest house we have the beach within 1 minute and very close to all the attractions at Patong Beach for a very low rate so we can´t throw away those beach towels just for they are aged typically not when we provide those for free.

So I'm really sorry for you experienced our guest house at that way but you should only tell us about it for immediately measure up.

The Manager of the Guest House Kalle Karlsson

Reviewed March 3, 2013

The Hungarian/Swedish owner is a really nice guy and couldn't be more helpful. He offers a really reasonable airport transfer. The main daytime receptionist is also very helpful and made me feel most welcome. The night guy is pretty cool too. The room was excellent and reasonable pricewise by Phuket standards (1300 Baht). The only minor blip was that one day there was no cleaner available to clean the room. Needless to say, change of towels and bin emptying was offered by the owner. The location is pretty excellent as it's half a block from the beach and not too far from Bangla Rd. They offer bike rental also.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed February 12, 2013

Good value Guest House in central Patong. Located 2 mins from the beach and only 5 mins from Bangla. Stayed in a superior room with large window, some noise as you would expect in central Patong but not a problem. Rooms well maintained and very clean and also good security at all times, recommend for central budget stay.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple