“Wheelchair Traveler meets Home”

Andaman Sea Guesthouse
Ranked #153 of 413 Patong B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 30, 2013

I don't think the 200 word min is enough for me to describe how happy & in love I am with this B&B. Traveling in a wheelchair in SE Asia is no small feet. It is hard and frustrating. I'm an easy going fellow and makes due with what I have to work with. Once my dialogue with Dave (Owner & now friend) began, I started to relax. The staff is awesome and I looked forward to my morning breakfast/lunch every day. The lobby/bar is very comfortable & it felt like home for my boys & laddies. I stayed in the penthouse and wished I could live there. It's awesome and the terrace is huge and yes you can see the sea. Not a perfect view, but you are a 5 min walk from the beach and maybe 7-10 mins to the nightlife. The rooms are very clean & comfortable. The bathroom has 1 step up for those in Chairs to look out for, but my friend gave me a push in. The bathroom is accessible & a chair/bench is available on request. Food there is awesome. The only reason we didn't eat there everyday was we wanted to explore. If you need ideas or a hook up for what to do, ASK DAVE! Do not figure it out yourself. He knows Patong well. I plan to stay here again in late Jan '14. Less than a year from when I was there last time. I sweat, I will not stay anywhere else in Patong.

Room Tip: Just ask to see the room. If you do not like it, they will do what they can to change rooms or make...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank Pittsdaulga

Reviewed June 3, 2013

I would just say contact the manager David and he'll take good care of you and help you in every way possible. The staff were really friendly. A burmese guy is on night duty at reception and if there is any trouble he'll find the solution. The only place i'll ever stay in Patong. And brace yourselves David's coming up with a new place soon.

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank AKZ87
Reviewed April 10, 2013

Went off of a friend's suggestion to stay at the Andaman guesthouse, my expectations exceeded. We split the top level 2bdrm penthouse, excellent accommodations. One issue I had was that the AC wasn't up to snuff, brought it to the owner's attention (Dave) who had it replaced the -very next day-. Not only was Dave and the other staff friendly, but a wealth of information, helped us book tours at good rates, and in general just a great guy to chat with. The location is ideal, close to all the Bangla attractions & markets, yet far enough away to be quiet and tranquil. Besides Dave, the owner, the rest of the staff was very friendly and attentive. The food wasn't anything to scoff at either, the Thai food could be compared to restaurant faire, and nothing beats an English Breakfast to beat a hangover. When I return to Phuket (and I will), I do not need to worry myself ever again scouting for places to stay, this will be it.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank EdwardVerity
Reviewed December 1, 2012

Exceptional little guesthouse just a very short walk from the beach, Bangla Street and Jungceylon Mall, yet in a quiet location. Rooms are wonderful - well furnished, very clean, well stocked, comfy beds, and big thick towels! We stayed in the Junior Suite for 8 days. It was a one-bedroom apartment with a kitchen (stocked with everything you'd need to cook), big bathroom with a tub, very comfortable bedroom, lots of books to read, mini-bar and 2 televisions. Good wi-fi signal, too. There is an elevator - no climbing stairs is required and it is handicapped-accessible. There is a restaurant/bar downstairs that serves up an outstanding Western breakfast (try the Champion!) and good coffee. They also rent motorbikes - ours ran very well.

The staff here is excellent - there to help with any assistance and fluent in English. The owners - David and Phim - went beyond our expectations in making us feel welcome. Other than too much rain, we really had a perfect stay. Rooms are an excellent value. Next time we are in Patong, this is definitely where we'd stay - again.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank tumbleweeds023
Reviewed July 2, 2012

The Andaman Sea Guest House is a hidden gem set in a great location only a 5 minute walk to the beach. I have stayed here the last 2 years and will keep coming back.
David, Phim & staff provide a friendly & welcoming environment. The rooms are big and the rates are cheap. The food is geat and there are great restaurants around the corner.

Room Tip: Ask for a blacony room.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Bill M
Reviewed June 20, 2012

David and his wife and staff will ensure you have a great stay at their guesthouse. You can expect clean rooms, friendly helpful staff, a great central location, which is seconds walk to the main road and only a block back from the ocean. It is excellent value for money - we stayed up the top and the balcony is massive! The room feels very homely and has an oven for cooking if you should so desire. They cook yummy food and make a decent coffee (or something stronger!) Will definitely stay again if I return to Patong!

Room Tip: The top room has two bedrooms and a huge balcony plus living area so is great for a couple of couple...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Alicialicia
Reviewed January 30, 2012

Great location, simple, and a cheap price for a newer building, with clean rooms, well organized and in an area close to walk to everything. Really decent place to stay in Patong.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple