“felt like home....for us and the kids”

Palmyra Patong Resort
Ranked #48 of 328 Hotels in Patong
Reviewed October 24, 2010

where to start ....well with the booking quick to respond answered any questions , so took this as a good sign and I was sooo right.

our stay was for 15 nights in a family villa with 3 children , friend stayed in pool access room. Upon arrival we were greeted by the front reception by a lovely girl named DIDI she was amazing. we were shown our villa and asked if it was ok in the kids room was a king size bed not two beds however kids were more than happy so we didnt need to change rooms which they would have done.
The Family Villas are in the old Chaba building , though not new however very clean and spacious, they will be getting renovated. Our balacony looked over the pool and could pretty much see everywhere which was great as we had kids.

Palmyra is very family friendly , all the staff knew our kids and were so friendly always talking to them , they would go down to breakfast on their own if they left stuff behind at the pool it was always there for them when they went back. They knew the kids names and always had a chat with them. We got Didi to babysit i was nervous but the kids were so excitied when she arrived i soon felt at ease. she was fantastic.
We were lucky enough to meet the owner whilst we were there He also great with our kids always went out of his way to chat with us and even got one of our boys a birthday cake cause he knew it was his b'day..Fantastic.

All in all , the whole staff were FANTASTIC, more than accomdating, always smiling and happy , Facilities fantastic very clean.
Resturant was quite nice and breakfast was good too.

at the end of driveway on the left is where we were getting our massages - fantastic girls were lovely.
good lil market on the left and a dvd place on the left of driveway.
Roscos ok but one of very few places kids can play pool

10 mins from bangla about 20 from otop.
Tip if getting tuk tuk let them know you want to go to Chaba villa , Palmyra is still very new.

I will reccomend this place to all.
WE will be back to Palmyra

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family
3  Thank tracey1828
There are newer reviews for Palmyra Patong Resort

Reviewed October 18, 2010

If you’re a tired, weary and hungry traveler this is such a huge disappointment when all you want to do is to get to a room as quickly as possible to lie down or take a shower. It took us at least an hour and a half to be shown to our room. It may seem like a good new hotel with a nice pool (looks bigger in the photos), but a disorganized frenzy personnel and inefficient system is the reflection of poor management which brings it down.

We were having our holiday in Koh Lanta and decided to take a ferry to Phuket. I read of Palmyra Patong first from tripadvisor, and seeing that they had so many good reviews decided to book five days with them. We might as well have stayed back in Koh Lanta –

I emailed them about our reservation, and they promptly replied (that was a good start). Their website says they offer hotel transfers, so I requested if they could pick us up from the Pier from Phi Phi/ Koh Lanta, which they replied “Perhaps you can get a taxi to
our resort to make it easier”. (minus 10 points)

After a 3 hour rough ferry ride, we took a forty minute taxi to the hotel. When we arrived, we were greeted by a nice gentleman at the entrance (I believe he was the owner/manager of the resort), and our bags were carried into the reception. There was one uptight receptionist who neither smiled nor greeted us, so we just sat down and waited at the table. I told her my name and said we had a room reservation. She went through some papers and told me that she can’t find it, gave me a stack of them to go through and find my own name. When I said it wasn’t there, she asked me “Do you have a printout?” A printout of what! I told her that the person who replied to me was El and if they had an employee of that name, she should as him/her or go through their emails. Or if they had available rooms, then we will take it. We later learned that they didn’t have any electricity and their systems were down. I inquired if their wi-fi was working; she said yes and gave me the password so I can show her my hotel confirmation from my email. Wi-fi didn’t work as well (minus 10 points)! Their lobby had 3 internet stations, but you had to pay for its use (1000 baht for 3 days) whereas in every other hotel in Thailand it is free of charge (minus 10 points).

Anyway, we decided to get something to eat first at their restaurant to give them time to figure it out.

About the restaurant food: we ordered noodles and stir-fry vegetables. The noodles were overcooked, which all clumped together in one ball. We couldn’t make out that there were noodles in there! The stir-fry vegetables were good but half of the plate was occupied by the decorative garnish, it was the smallest serving so far in our stay in Thailand. Our bill was around 600baht.

After an hour and a half (that should have been enough time), we went back to the reception. We inquired if the room was already available. There were more people in the reception desk this time- all obviously panicky/angry/ blameful at each other for the blunder. Yet apparently, an hour and a half was not enough- Eventually we got a deluxe room after walking to and fro a couple or rooms with the wrong set of keys and a very apologetic personnel almost in the brink of tears. I wanted to run away!

The room was spacious and clean, the bed a bit hard.

We went out for the night and came back around 2am. Around 3-4am, we got several knocks on our door. It troubled us, but we didn’t want to bother to get up from bed. Who would keep on knocking at that hour especially when we didn’t answer the first time around? They have cameras on their hallways so they could check if we ask in the morning. But by the next day we were too disturbed by all the events we decided to find another hotel immediately, waved a tuktuk to wait for us downstairs while we packed, paid our bill and hoped to never looked back….

We found a hotel near Bangla and Beach road, half the price of what we paid in Palmyra. Welcoming and accommodating receptionists that took us to the room only after writing down our names (in less than 2 minutes). Now that is efficiency!

In the morning I realized that in my scurry to run away from Palmyra, I forgot to pack my hair treatment and hand lotion from Body Shop, which I left on the bedside table the night before. I called them immediately, so I could pick it up. I stayed in Room 1208 Checked in October 11, checked out October 12. They made me wait for 30 minutes then asked me to call back. They didn’t find it. Whereas in other hotels, you would read guests leaving their swimsuits behind or their child’s toy, and the hotel management would go to the extent of mailing it back to them to their own country…. Don’t expect this from Palmyra. I was still in Phuket, and it was less than 12 hours since I checked out and they couldn’t trace left belongings. (minus 50 points!)

My advice: go to another hotel, save yourselves the entire hazard or a ruined holiday.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Mehr-lion
Reviewed October 18, 2010

We stayed at the Palmyra patog resort for 2 nights last week. We were very keen to stay in one of their pool access rooms, but there was a problem with our reservation and we were accomadated in the Deluxe room instead. We agreed as we were about to leave and had limited options. El assured us that we would like the deluxe room and if possible they would try and provide us with a room access room on the second night.

Our check in process was short and the lady at the counter was efficient. We were shown our deluxe room and were pleasanlty surprised with how tastefully it was decorated and how spacious it was .The room was spotless and the bathroom fitting etc looked new..We had stayed at other 4 star properties in our trip to Thailand and this hotel offered the same standard if not better for a much better price..

The location of the hotel is also gr8..Patong beach and the shopping areas are all with within walking distance..There are some good restairant and pubs as well close by..
Emotional Spa is right outside the hotel and offers great spa sevices.

The best part was that as promised they did move us to a pool access room the next day..We were just delighted and the pool access room has a charm of its own. This was our last day in Thailand and we just relaxed by the pool .

The breakfast was good and offered a good selection of items..The staff is also very helpful and nice...

Overall a gr8 place to stay in...Thanks El and all the other ppl who made out stay at the Palmyra Patong resort memorable.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank SAMIRAKSARMA
Reviewed September 9, 2010

hey guys.
I am sitting in the foyer of the Palmyra Patong resort this very minute YEAH
We have been here since the 30th August
What can i say about the resort?
Fantastic
we arrived here around ten in the morning.
As soon as we arrived we were processed. And shown to our room asap (thats the first plus)
We were booked into the new part of the resort and have a pool access room.
these rooms are only one year old and are beautiful.
If you have booked into the family suites you will be in the older part of the resort.
Once we started talking to the manager i asked him about the family suites as i seem to remember a TA member was wanting to know what they are like? (i will post pics when i get home)
the family suites are very big . they have a loungeroom, a sunkin kitchen and a shower room of the kitchen, you then go upstairs to 2 very large bedrooms, each have theilr own bathroom, they are older but still alright.
Breakfast
they serve 2 juices, cold milk, white and wholemeal bread (toast) danish, crossants, fried eggs bacon, ham, fried rice, noodle dish, sweet and sour.2 cereals, All in all they have about 13 hot dishes for breakfast. I did read somewhere that another TA thought it was basic.I myself think this covers a large enough choice. (2nd plus)
All staff members have a smile on their faces and are willing to stop and say hello, they are all able to comunicate in english very well.( another plus)
Manager:
great guy he is always there to give a helping hand and stop and chat. But please remember we are here on the off season so we may be getting a llittle bit extra attention due to us being here at this time of year.
Location
everything is within walking distance Bangla RD 5-10 minutes away
OTOP Market 20-30 walking distance.
When we stayed at Banthai a few years back we found we needed a tuk tuk to get around
here we have
been able to walk (another plus)
to end my little report i would have to say.
This resort would suit anyone who is after a low key, small, peite resort.
in saying all of this i would highly recomend this hotel

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
3  Thank pepiMelbourne
Reviewed September 9, 2010

We stayed for 36 nights at the Villa section of this resort known as Chaba Villas and had one of the most enjoyable stays we have ever had in the 25 years we have been visiting Phuket. The service from all areas was in the main very good with the front desk staff standing out as being friendly and professional and understanding our needs.
The Villa room we had was huge, a home away from home with two large bedrooms, both en-suite plus a downstairs shower and toilet,however it lacked in some areas such as the kitchen being a little sparse and the sitting room could have done with one more lounge type chair to relax on.(Minor thing really).The location is excellent, about a 15 minute walk to the Jungceylon Shopping Centre and the none stop Bangla Road Entertainment area. There are some great eating places just 5 minutes from the Resort at The Patong Food Park and Patongs wonderful beach is about 10 minutes away. The Resort has a great pool complete with children's area and a real waterfall. There's also a poolside bar, restaurant and gym.
What we liked the most was the amount of space, really good when you are staying more than a few days and the thing we disliked was that the bed was a little hard for us.
The new Palmyra Patong Resort has only just opened and offers a whole range of different room styles. All who stayed appeared happy with all that was on offer.
This resort is now on the top of our accommodation list and we will certainly stay again on our next visit in 2011.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank DarwinBeeTee
Reviewed August 30, 2010

Have just returned from 5 nights at the palmyra, we had pool access rooms which were great. the rooms are new, clean and the decor is great. the mattress was hard but that is expected in thailand. the staff were friendly and the owner even made a point of chatting to us and asking us if they could improve on anything. As reported in the reviews it is not in the hustle of patong, maybe a 15min walk. breakfast is basic, but filled the gap till lunch. overall great hotel and would stay again.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 24, 2010

Stayed at Palmyra for 3 weeks in July visiting friends, was booked for a pool access room but upgraded me for free to a suite (nice and roomy). 24 front desk staff and security walking around the grounds. Free high speed wireless access, bed was a little hard than what I'm used to and there was some construction going on around which made some mornings tough to deal with. Pool looks just like in does in the pictures, there's about an 30 yard walk from the hotel to the main road but never felt unsafe walking it because it's fenced off. If you happen to bring a guest back with you there was a fee of 300 thb at the time. Overall great experience and service I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled solo