“Value for money and relaxing stay.”

Palmyra Patong Resort
Ranked #44 of 322 Hotels in Patong
Hong Kong, China
“Value for money and relaxing stay.”
Reviewed December 9, 2013

This hotel offered the most valuable for money that I ever spent for hotels in Phuket. I spent 5 days with my husband in Superior room and I really enjoyed my stay. The room is ver spacious. The swimming pool with the fountain is very relaxing. Staff is friendly and helpful. The varieties of breakfast are very impressive. I only spent 10 mins to walk to the beach.

I'd definitely come back again!!

Room Tip: I'd recommend the room in the high floor in the new building.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank Kathie L

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (151)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Imphal, India
Reviewed December 4, 2013 via mobile

Unlike my first visit in patong I felt different this time. From the moment I stepped in here I knew that I made a wrong choice. Not very welcoming. Family villa is awful. Water leaks on to floor while showering in the bathtub. The antique like wood furniture in the living area was so uncomfortable. The stairs steps were too high and the railings were wobbly.
After 10 pm the resort feels dead as the restaurants shuts, and the pool lights off (was on for one night during our 7 day stay). They should be just left on, as the lights in the pool sort of enlightens and make u feel ur in resort on a hoiliday. No positive in here at all. I just ruined my holiday by choosing this resort.
I chose this cos the pic online looked nice. Hope my review helps other make the right choice for where they stay cos a wrong pick can ruin ur holiday.

• Stayed November 2013
1 Thank Sarita2980
MDofPalmyraPatong, General Manager at Palmyra Patong Resort, responded to this review, December 25, 2013
Hi Sarita2980,

Thanks for your review about our resort.

Sorry to hear that our Family Villa didn't meet your expectations. We have to disagree with you that our Family Villas are as you described as this room type is proven very popular among our guests, esp. those come in a family or group of friends. We know our furniture set may not appeal to every customer segment and we are making initiative to replace them now and hopefully we can come up with some more modern sofa, etc. We have to weigh all options as many of our regular guests do like the hand carved teak wood as it is quite rare and classic.

We would like to clarify that the is no water leaks on the floor while you shower in the bathtub as we all know this is impossible. I think the problem happened when you did not know how to place the shower curtain properly causing the water flow out of the tub and onto the floor. All you need is just to keep the curtain in the tub.

Our steps are pretty standard ones in Thailand and so far we have not a single guest complaining about out stairs. Thanks for letting us know that our hand rail starts to wobble. We can find out and fix them asap.

Our restaurant closes at 9:30 p.m. and pool at 8:00 p.m. and we will not have staff staying in these areas after 10:00 p.m. It is better to have the lights off as we don't want guests to sit around unattended and can cause unnecessary noise to other guests who are resting.

All in all, for everything that you were not happy about our villa, from the moment you arrived to checked out, you could have spoken to our Front Reception or manager so we could have helped you with your problems and needs, as things that had made you unhappy could have been avoided.

By the way, we believe you must be the same guest who have just reviewed our property and we are quite puzzled why you have to repeat your review about our resort.

Thank you.
Johannesburg, South Africa
Reviewed December 3, 2013

this hotel was more then i expected after reading reviews, i was really impressed with the hotel itself from the breakfast to the staff , i had a 5 * experience in a 3* hotel which one doesnot normally get.Only down side to this hotel is that the location is not along the beach and is walking distance, the breakfst was breathtaking which was served in the pool area, rooms were very spacious with a balcony and great view of the pool area, travel tip # take along mosquito and insect repellent# although i stayed at this hotel for 2 nights it was the best 2 nights iv experienced

Room Tip: choose a pool view room
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank 777Mrp
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed December 3, 2013

This is my fifth trip to Phuket, having stayed 3 times in Patong and once in Kata Beach.

Before I booked this hotel, I knew what I wanted. Reasonable price hotel, decent room, quiet yet close to Jungceylon (10 mins walk) and a car park for my rented vehicle.

First impression of the hotel: It has a long drive way and it felt like we have suddenly moved into another place that is not so Patong. Building does not look so modern. Ok, at least this place is quiet and peaceful.

Check-in was fast and smooth and we were served the Welcome drinks almost immediately. Friendly staffs and we were quickly lead to our Deluxe Pool Room on the 1st floor. Room is cosy, with a nice balcony facing the pool. I passed by those Family Villa and the guests inside does not look happy. Mental note: skip the family villa, take the Deluxe Room from 1st floor onward (ground floor Delux room in my opinion does not have much privacy as everyone can see you if your curtains are not closed).

Swimming pool is just the right size and we really enjoy the tasty breakfast. The crowd wasn't huge and the atmosphere is relax. My family were happy with this hotel and this is all that matters. There is a travel desk manned by a lady name Laila and she offered reasonable price packages to Phuket FantaSea and Raya+Coral Island hopping. I got a good deal from her and this save me the hassles to go outside and bargain with those shark agents out there.

Room Tip: Deluxe Pool room from 1st floor onward.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Goa, India
Reviewed December 2, 2013

The staff here were very nice and went out of their way to make our stay comfortable. The resort is centrally located but at the same time you are away from all the noise. Rooms were decent. Breakfast was average. Wat we did not like was the staff re-filling the Heinz ketchup bottles with other ketchup.(at least that is what we think we saw). The staff helped us get good rates on taxi's and on check out one of my friends left their phone in the taxi. We realized this only after landing in Koh samui. We didnt know what to do besides call the resort and ask them to help. They were were helpful and managed to locate the taxi driver and recovered my friends phone. Another group of our friends we in phuket at the time and they collected the phone from the Palmyra reception. We were very thankful to the staff for the same.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Imphal, India
Reviewed December 1, 2013

Family villa consists of two bedrooms which were on the first floor and a kitchen and a small living area on the ground floor with an old tube TV and no A/C. The ground floor was made of two different levels dividing the living area and the kitchen with couple of stairs which was unsafe for young child. I wished all the rooms were on the same floor which would have made the villa a little more homely. Kitchen was the only bonus as we could cook something for our baby otherwise the whole ground floor felt as if it didn't exist. We hardly spent any time there as it didn't have the positive vibe and energy in it.
The stairs were unsafe for young child and you must have a constant watch for your little ones if the room doors are left open. The rooms and the bathrooms were outdated and there were ants that climbed up the beds too, my little one was bitten by those small tiny ants.
The staffs were definitely helpful but for some reason I felt that they lacked some professionalism. At the time of check out we were told to wait so they could check the rooms and guess what? We were told that a spoon is missing from the room and they couldn’t pair it with a teaspoon or something. We were told to locate them...what a shocker!! If they can’t find it in the room, how am I suppose to. At last the receptionists who were quite friendly enough and who at one instance helped us sort out one of our problem told us “never mind, we can leave”. I remember one morning we took a bowl of rice porridge from the breakfast area with a spoon for our baby. Perhaps that spoon probably stayed in our room as an extra which they were unable to pair it or something.
Not sure of the rooms in the newer building facing the pool, it did look nice. But I would not recommend anyone to opt for the family villa (don’t ruin your precious holiday). Sorry Palmyra! Your food at the restaurant were great though.
Last but not least the location is a bit far from bangla road and jungcelon. My suggestion to holiday maker in patong...."Stay somewhere with an easy access to these places" cos these is where most of the good restaurants are.

Room Tip: Sorry no tip from my side. At least I wont be back.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Hi viclou2013,

Thanks for your stay with us and sharing of feedback of your stay with us.

With regard to your comments about our Family Villas, all our villas come in 2 levels and both rooms are upstairs whereas our living room and kitchen area are downstairs. Our Family Villas are not brand new but we have been maintaining them pretty well over the years and they are clean and spacious. We understand not every guest like our Thai teak wood furniture and we are considering of replacing them with sofa soon.

Our stairs are very standard just like all the stairs you would find in any house or building in Thailand. If you are saying our stairs are not safe for young child, we have to agree that all stairs are not safe for young children and supervision by parents or baby sitter is required for your child's safety.

We are sorry to hear that you had some little ants in the room and we will look into this problem. We engage pest control company to get rid of all the bugs but it is impossible to eradicate them all, and we are very cautious with amount of chemical use in our rooms or buildings when doing pest control. We are keeping the use of any chemical to the very minimum level for our guests safety, esp. among kids, and this perhaps a good reason why we can't completely get rid of all the ants, etc. We will see how else we could do to minimize the presence of ants, etc.

Our resort is about 5-6 minutes to the beach and about 10-12 minutes casual walk to Jungceylon Shopping Mall and Bangla Road. Our strategic location is, in fact what keep our guests coming to stay with us again over the years, and our resort boasts extra car park space for guests to park their cars or motorbikes, and ample space for taxis to wait for guests who are taking extra time to prepare themselves before going out.

For missing items in the room, it is the duty of our staff to help make sure all items are in place when and after guests check out, or else our house keeper will end up paying for the missing items. This is quite a standard procedure in hotel industry.

Thank you again for taking time to review your stay with us.
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed November 24, 2013

If we hadn't received a discount through our agoda booking, I would have been livid. Start with the positives - the staff were wonderful, the pool was great, and the hotel itself is set back from the manic street with all the touts. The negatives - we booked a two bedroom 'family villa' - I reckon they hadn't replaced the furniture since the early 80's. The so-called flat screens were only in the bedrooms, not the lounge-room, no DVD players, the food in the restaurant was below average. No comforts at all. I think I counted one painting in the entire apartment. Won't be returning. Not even worth the 50 percent booking discount we received. Oh, and I don't think I've ever encountered a more uncomfortable bed - it was like sleeping on a board.

Room Tip: go for the single rooms - certainly not the family villas. The single rooms at least have some dece...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
MDofPalmyraPatong, General Manager at Palmyra Patong Resort, responded to this review, November 28, 2013
evie_wahini

Thanks for your stay with us.

Sorry to hear of your disappointment about the furniture in our Family
Villa and the TV in the living room.  We have been considering to change
all our hand crafted teak wood furniture in the living room to sofas but
again we always get good feedback from our guests as they like them a lot.
They are unique and classic and people just love them.  Your feedback
will definitely invite us to review our decision again as to whether to
replace them with sofa.

Initially we didn't have a TV in the living room of our Family Villas as
both rooms already have one flat TV.  Since we have extra TVs in our
resort, we thought we might as well just put an extra TV in the living
room, perhaps some guests would like to watch in the living room and not
the bedroom.  Despite they are not flat TV just like in all our rooms,
the quality of the screen is equally good compared to the flat ones.  However we will look into the possibility of having them replaced as well.

We have DVDs for guest to borrow from our Front Reception and it is free
of charge.  We will see how else we can make sure all our guests are aware
of this service.

We know we don't have the best breakfast for all our guests but so far all our guests are happy with our spread of choices. We will see how else we can improve further.

We are changing all our mattresses and soon we will have much better
mattresses for all our Family Villas.

Thanks again for your feedback!