“The best family holiday ever” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Palmyra Patong Resort

Palmyra Patong Resort
Ranked #43 of 319 Hotels in Patong
Mooloolaba, Australia
“The best family holiday ever”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2012

A great family friendly resort in the heart of Patong .. the rooms are spacious and always clean . Nice size pool and the restaurant has great Thai and western food available ,, This resort is so central to Patong there is no need for a tuk tuk , taxi or scooter .. A wonderful resort for a family holiday .

Room Tip: the family villas are spacious and the pool access room for couples are amazing . all rooms have air...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Dianne4557

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (149)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Kuala Belait, Brunei Darussalam
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2012

We stayed here for 4 days 3 nights. Great location which takes u only 10 mins walking distance to the big shopping mall and 15-20 minutes to Hard Rock Cafe. Staff are ok and the buffet breakfast are great.

We stayed at family villa with 2 rooms (queen size bed and another room 2 super single bed). Our room has balcony. Room quite big and bed is comfy. For villa, they provided you an oven and fridge. There are also small living room downstair. However, you need to go at the receiption area to get an internet connection where u have to pay for it.

Overall - it's really a nice place and value money to stay.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
Surfers Paradise, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2012

Stayed for 3 nights late August 2012.
Clean and nice resort.
Awesome breakfast next to pool was lovely.
Did'nt have a drink there but little bar looked nice.
Rooms were clean and overall enjoyed our stay.
Only complaint was a light in our room wouldnt turn off.
Told reception and headed out for the day and came back late that evening to see it hadnt been fixed.So I removed the bulb out of the ceiling during our stay.
Didnt swim in pool as it rained most days we were there but it looked nice.
Overall was adequate place to stay.

Perth
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2012

Have just returned after spending the first week of our holidays at the Palmyra again. We arrived early after another redeye flight and the staff could tell that we were tired and did everything in there power to get us into our pool access which we found to be very much appreciated. We found that the staff yet again are lovely and Lim the resort owner is always interested in finding out that everything is ok with your stay. As I think I stated in my last review of this resort, for the price of the rooms and the staff, I find it very difficult to say a bad thing about the Palmyra.Thanks again to El, Lim and everybody else for a fun week

Room Tip: Try and get a room in the newer building
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2012

We stayed in family villa and it's was great. Rooms were big, toilets were clean, good internet access. The pool was nice and they have a bar by the pool side. It's about 15 min walk to all the night action. I meet the owner of the hotel and he was a very nice man. I would recommend this hotel to anybody.

Room Tip: Get the room with the pool access.
Kota, India
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2012

This is what the TWO stars for.

We stayed at Palmyra for 4 nights as part of our honeymoon.

Takes an hour ride from airport. Five minutes walk from Patong beach, Bangla road and all the popular clubs. Perfect.

Ten minutes walk to Jungceylon shopping mall gives you access to pretty much anything you want to eat, drink, shop, entertainment, ice cream. Massage parlors are at doorstep if that is your thing. Also an awesome authentic Italian pizzeria is right around the corner. Great.

A little walk off the main road keeps Palmyra hidden from usual hustle-bustle and loud tuk tuks. Peaceful.

The restaurant has nice setting next to the pool. One particular waitress amazed us with her speed and balance. Food was tasty. Breakfast had decent variety. Something about the eggs didn’t suit my system and for days put me off eggs. Maybe some little ingredient was dodgy but this isn’t a complaint because my husband’s friend and his wife (who booked the same hotel so we all could be together) had eggs too and they were both alright.

Room was spacious which is a given for Thailand. We had superior room with a nice pool view from our tiny balcony. Take care not to leave the sliding door open though or mosquitoes feel invited. Luckily my husband carries bug repellant anywhere he goes so we used that for day one. Room had all standard amenities. Complimentary Wi-Fi was alright speed. Overall room was adequate.

This is why THREE stars are missing.

Now this incident almost marred the joy of our stay. While leaving as usual porters help you with luggage. This is basic service rendered anywhere in the world, even in cheapy crappy hotels. But no, not at Palmyra Patong Resort.

Little back-story is we both managed to slit our foot having fun time at James Bond Island. So I requested my then hopping husband not to carry a thing (or else bandages might open) and rather wait with our friends downstairs. I called reception 3-4 times to send someone to help with luggage. Two attendants came, took lightest bags each, left and never came back. I called again. Requested for porters. Someone (a man) so so so rudely ordered me to carry my own luggage. I said I can’t, am injured in the foot and suitcases are heavy. He didn’t bother to listen and cut the line.

I sat there staring at bags & suitcases. If there was a lift I would have managed. Can’t leave any behind for fear of theft. How do I carry 4 of them downstairs while hopping? My husband came looking for me. I told him what happened. He smiled and both of us managed somehow. I had tears because I know lifting them is hurting him.

If you read our other reviews we aren’t fussy or demanding. I was upset and wanted to meet that rude person but he never shown his face. The receptionist (a woman) didn’t apologize either. The attitude was something like “Dear stupid guests, you paid and leaving why should we bother with you now?”

Well, you should bother. No one is coming back to you.

Room Tip: Stay if location matters and service don't.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank HeartOnTravel
MDofPalmyraPatong, General Manager at Palmyra Patong Resort, responded to this review, August 18, 2012
Sorry to hear of your disappointing stay with us due to our bell boy's poor service to you. We have spent much time investigating what had happened but it was rather difficult to exactly point who was the bell boy given the date you stayed with us was back in February 2012. Anyway, we did have a very serious meeting to go through your Review about our service to make sure all our staff across the board understand the importance of service to all our guests. We have zero tolerance policy for staff who treat our guests rudely, and perhaps cultural differences or language barrier had come to play that caused you to think our staff was rude. Having said that, we appreciate your feedback and will take it constructively.
Beijing, China
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2012

In general, palmyra is a nice hotel to stay.

8 minutes walking to patong beach, 15 minutes walking to central patong area. Room is big enough with blacomny, or pool access. Buffet breakfast is served in the restaturnat beside the pool, which has hot dishes roated every three days. I ordered a majito from the pool bar, tasted so so, but wired it was in a plastic cup!!

Staff are generally freingly and helpful. There was just one thing I didn't understand. I booked a hotel car for my drop off after I arrived, and I got free late check-out till 13:00. The day before my departure, I cancelled the drop off. On my departure day, I was then told that I couldn't keep my room even to 12:30. Hopefully it was only no hand over, but nothing related about whether I booked the hotel car or not.

The hotel really needs to work on its WIFI, as it is really something that pull the general stay experience down.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo