“Great place for families”

Palmyra Patong Resort
Ranked #44 of 331 Hotels in Patong
Reviewed June 9, 2012

We are enjoying our last night out of 4 here with our 2 young daughters. We have not enjoyed Phuket, but we have enjoyed our stay here. We have a family villa which is a 2 storey self contained unit with full kitchen and 3 bathrooms. The unit is very spacious, very clean and perfect for us. The pool is beautiful and the garden equally as nice. Its a reasonably quiet place, with access up a long driveway, which is great as it's away from the noise of Patong but still only 2 blocks to the beach.
The staff are fantastic,very friendly and very helpful. The food here is outstanding! Great prices and great food, we ate here every night!! Happy hour with 85 baht cocktails from midday til 5 is well appreciated too!

Room Tip: Family units are perfect for families with any age kids but the pool access rooms look great too.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed May 29, 2012

I agree with some of the previous reviews, the pictures on the resort website are deceiving! The standard rooms are old, although spacious! They are comfortable but the superior rooms at a fraction more are definitely better. But the good part about the hotel ends there, at least from my experience. The service standards are very poor in the hotel, and most of the staff are either not trained properly or are rigid enough to change their attitude, which is very surprising for Thailand. Thais are generally known for their super service.

The problems we had were; a. There were no laundry bag and price list in our room. Even after letting the reception know about this, I had to tell the HK staff multiple times before getting this. b. The set of glasses kept in our room were dirty, but they were wrapped and kept on the table. That was just awful. c. I went to the reception to ask the staff for some change as I only had a 1,000 baht note. The lady was extremely rude about it, and said, if I give you all the change, how will I work here! A simple No would have done the job! d. Room service was extremely overpriced, a garlic bread was priced at 180 baht!!! e. The breakfast buffet had a good spread, and I ordered a cappuccino which was good, but I was later charged for the coffee! The staff did not inform me about this when I ordered, and when I asked why I wasn't told about it, the explanation was that the staff is new! Ridiculous!

I wouldn't stay here again!

Room Tip: Standard rooms are old, opt for the Superior rooms!
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 27, 2012

I booked this hotel via Agoda at a rather good deal. unfortunately I did not get to experience nice hotel like so many others did. Instead of Palmyra Patong Resort I thought I was paying for as shown in the pictures which is newer, I was given a room in Chaba villa, which was either a separate establishment in the same area, or the older sister of Palmyra Patong. There was also no lifts for Chaba villa and my room was on level 3, meaning I had plenty of exercise during my stay.

The room was rather run down, but had everything you need inside. The hotel was buzzing with mosquitoes, at the lobby and at the breakfast area. Bring a mosquito repellant if you intend to stay here (or buy one!). Wifi(chaba) was cranky and disruptive and you had to keep re-logging in.

In busy patong, this is one hotel that you will get a good night sleep as it is located at the end of one street on it's own.The hotel is walking distance from the beach (approx 10 min) and with shopping area just steps away on the main road. The night street (bangla street) is just 1-2 streets away. There are good (clean) massage parlors just outside the hotel which are priced rather competitvely. In short, you get everything you need for your stay in patong steps away.

Fortunately for me, I only stayed in this location for 1 night. For the price I paid, it was worthwhile for the location and the sleep quality. Would I return? Most likely not. It is time to renovate Chaba villa to ensure it is consistent with the new building that so many people praised, or at least reflect a true picture of the old building and the new building. Misleading.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 25, 2012

Stayed for second time at Palmyra resort. This time we booked into a standard room which was probably a mistake. The room was ok but what I didn't notice from the last visit was that there are 2 wings. One is old and the other is new. Its paying the little bit extra to stay in the Superior rooms which are in the new wing. Overall the place is nice and the breakfast is good.

Room Tip: Stay in Superior or better
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank GeorgePerth72
Reviewed May 23, 2012

We spend 4 days at the Palmyra resort. The taxi service provided by the hotel is reliable. The driver welcomed us with a piece of paper with our name as soon as we stepped out of the airport.The check-in procedure is smooth and the hotel generously allow us to check-in at 10:00am.

The family villa is very spacious and clean. The 1st floor is living room, kitchen (with microwave and introduction cooker and spoons, folks, bowl, plates for 4 people), storage room and bathroom (with cold water only). The upper level is two big bed rooms with bathroom. The air cons in two rooms are super powerful.

The staff in the hotel is very nice and helpful from both reception and restaurant. We met an incident in one of mid night. The staff came and helped us sort out the problem within half hour. The staff in the restaurant is also very friendly and work efficiently.

The location is very convenient. Pharmacy, supermarket, restaurant, beach and convenient store are all within walking distance. The reception provides big towel to bring to the beach, which is very useful. The massage shop beside the hotel is super cheap. It only costs 200bah for 1 hour thai massage. It looks like the cheapest in Phuket?

We didn't receive any call to ask us check out during our last day stay. Actually, we realize it's time to check out at 12:15. However, it looks like the check out policy of the hotel is quite strict. The card in the reception said 12:00 - 15:00 500 bah applies, 15:00-17:00 20% of the room rate, 17:00 - 19:00 50% of the room rate. (Not exactly around there)

However, the only downside is that I don't think the villa is suitable for family with small child. The floor in the bedroom is covered with tiles. The bed is quite high. My son fell from the bed and got his forehead injured. Better if bedroom could be covered with carpet. The stairs are steep and the space between banister is big enough for a 3 years old child to go through. The child may easily lock himself inside if playing with the safety lock. So the parents must keep a close eye on their young children.

On the whole, the hotel worth every cents you spent. Definitely will consider during our next trip.

Room Tip: The construction in the next door is still going on. Try to avoid those room too close to the site.
1  Thank SmileKitten
Reviewed May 22, 2012

We stayed here for twelve nights as a family. Check in, they have a very staunch policy of not before two o'clock pm, so plan to arrive at two or after.We booked two standard rooms, one for my wife and I and one for our two teenagers which was meant to be a twin single bed room. Upon check in we were informed that they no longer have twin singles in the standard room section so they set up u single fold up in there, not too big of a deal... standard rooms are in the old chabba villa section which are up four small flights of stairs. (No Elevator in that section) Hallways can become noisy if groups are staying with children, which we encountered. When we asked to be moved, we were assured they would be checking out that day.
Customer service is slightly lacking at the front of the hotel, What really saved this review was the efforts of Wan and the girls and lads in the restaurant and bar area, great staff that always made us feel welcome.
Overall, next time I would stay in a superior room in the new section and pay the little extra, balconies were very small in standard section, Housekeeping always did an amazing job and the restaurant was good food and not over priced.
I would stay here again, slight walk to the beach, bout 5-10 mins. Plenty of options around and close, but far enough away to be relaxing.

Drop into anne's bar for an ice cold beer, left at the end of the driveway :)

Room Tip: Go for superior in the new section
Reviewed May 20, 2012

My family & I have just spent 12 days at the Palmyra resort. Absolutely beautiful. For a 3 star resort you can't go wrong. The staff & management were fantastic. From the moment you arrive you are made to feel more than welcome. Myself, wife & 2 children stayed in the 2 story family villa which was beautifully clean but just needs a little updating, but have to remember the villas have been there a while. My parents who also travelled with us stayed in the new wing in a magnificent deluxe room, very modern with balcony overlooking pool. The staff could not do enough for you, & do speak very good english. Always looked forward to breakfast, greated with that magic Thai smile & excellent variety of food. The Resort manager & his wife were always milling aroung asking what they could do to make our stay more enjoyable. Our answer was simply, do nothing. Pool was fantastic. Virtually had it to ourselves apart from 2 or 3 other people. There is an elevated sundeck as well if it becomes a bit shady by pool. Very quite & private, approx 300m driveway to main road so you do not get any noise from the Patong nightlife at all. Very well lit & 24hr security. Allthough there are ample restaurants & bars along main road I would highly recommend the Resort restaurant. Food & service the best ever, also prices cheaper than eating out. My family & I have done the 4 & 5 star resort thing in Patong and the Palmyra beats them hands down. So much more personalised that we actually felt like family. I could let my 2 boys aged 9 & 13 roam freely around resort without having a worry in the world. A small resort with only aprox 90 rooms. Only about a 5min walk to Banglah rd & 10mins to beach or Jungceylon shopping centre. We have only been back In Australia for a week & are already planning our next trip back to the Palmyra Resort next year.

Room Tip: Recommend Villas for family or groups. Ground floor lounge, dining & kitchen,shower & toilet...
2  Thank Rohan C