Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Hotels.com$28
CheapTickets$28
Travelocity$28
Orbitz.com$28
Tripadvisor$28
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Ok, The Baycliff where to start. I booked into the Baycliff because it had a three bedroom suite at a good price and I was travelling with friends. When I turned up at this place it was night, so I had no idea about the construction going on next to our room. The room didn't really resemble the photo's online but I did quickly get over this, the photo's of the balcony and the lounge room looked like the ones online, but not really anywhere else. My first night in Patong after arriving at the Baycliff me and my friends went straight out to get loose as boys do, the night got a little wilder than expected and when I woke in the morning I went straight out to the balcony to fight off my hangover, I was naked and all I could find to hide my shame on the way out to the balcony was a hand towel because the hadn't supplied our room with towels yet, this is when I found at about the construction, I walked out and there where about 20 construction workers looking at my bare [--]. It was loud throughout most of the day but it would finely come to an end in the late afternoon, but I mean who spends all their time in Thai in their room? So this didn't both me too much, sometimes it did sometimes it didn't. The staff were pretty good to us, but the did seem reluctant to voice to many of their grievances to four drunken blokes, but when they did they were always polite and tried to be understanding, even when one of their complaints was that housekeeping refused to pick up in more used condoms, we apologised and they maintained the helpful and friendly ways. The location is great and bad. It is a little under a 10 minute Tuk Tuk to Bangla Road, this is good because it is quiet where it is positioned, but bad because there is basically nothing much in walking distance. Because of the location tho, your balcony is open to some incredible views of the bay. So Basically I would recommend this place to anyone planning a trip with the boys because we tend to enjoy watching construction work in Asia, and only have then intention of going out and getting loose anyway and you will sleep through most of the construction work anyways because it isn't that loud with all the doors and windows closed. Oh and by the way, the photo the have online of this place with the pool and tiled area with the motel in the back ground, be careful around this area it is that slippery it's not funny and not just when intoxicated.

Date of stay: September 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Thebaycliffpatong, Guest Relations Manager at The Bay Cliff, responded to this reviewResponded December 18, 2012

Dear Aaron,

Reading your review makes me feel that you are very positive thinking. We know that the construction is our serious problem now and we received very bad review but you shared your experience in the way that make me feel released somehow i read your comment.

First of all, please accept my sincere apologized about the construction and the towel that they did not supply you proper. And thank you so much for the positive review to us, i have passed all your comment to our staff and I am sure that they will happy with the good comment.

Absolutely, your observation can make us a lot improved and the construction will be finished by the beginning of next year. So i hope you will give a chance to serve you next time.

Thank you and so sorry for inconvenience matter,

Patteera Thitathan

Reviewed September 29, 2012

As you can see from the other reviews, you'll find yourself in the middle of a building site, with hundreds of workers, a crane, the lot - from 8.00 to 5.00.

Service was extremely wanting. For example, I requested additional pillows and they could not provide me with any. Apparently because Baycliff is a "condo" and not a hotel. I wish I'd known that before I booked it on the Internet! (To be fair though, the security guys at the gate could not have been more helpful, in contrast to reception)

I can put up with building sites and poor service. But the fundamental problem was that it was lifeless, characterless. and sterile.There is some problem with the overall design that conveys an impression of a cold and colourless labyrinth.

But it does have great views!

Room tip: Ask for a room on the Patong (south) side - most of the building is occurring on the north side
Date of stay: September 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank BillDaly
Reviewed August 31, 2012

Have you ever watched the film Carry on Abroad? Well staying here is just like being on the set. There is a beautiful view across the bay but it can be blocked by the crane next door. Ideal for anyone in the construction industry who wants a 'bus mans holiday'. The aircon in one bedroom was not effective but there was not even an apology from the staff.

Date of stay: August 2012
Trip type: Traveled with family
4  Thank 143GordonB
Reviewed August 16, 2012

We have had the opportunity to stay with friends at Baycliff on several occasions, but never again, not even for free. There is no service to speak of, whilst the pool is clean there are no facilities, 4 broken wooden lounges( no cushions) no shade and no umbrellas, and the exterior has had no maintenance, deteriorating after 3 years. we have never spoken to another visitor who would ever come back, and they are trying to sell the new units next door called Privilege, situated between a building site and a shanty town, what a joke. There are hundreds of better 2 star hotels and apartments in Patong, do your
research.

Date of stay: August 2012
3  Thank rjj82
Reviewed January 31, 2011

NOT A GOOD EXPERIENCE

these condos where for sale and nobody has moved in so they are renting them out - why ? cos its a building site !!!! from 8am to 10pm at night massive heavy construction . all accross front and sides building so many massive appartment blocks etc. woken up by jcb diggers and cranes and cockrels each morning at 8am , and spoils pool/ambience with horrible banging and digging noises or steel cutting of foundations so we didnt even use it , and couldnt sleep . horrible experience .

good :
40" tv [but no good channels/dvd]
high spec modern room [with major flaws]
rooftop pool [too small with smells and noise and nowhere to sit/sunbathe]
fast internet

bad :
you are surrounded by old landfill site , tin shanty town with hundreds of families , massive heavy plant construction hundreds of workers, lots of diggers and lots of chickens and cockrels that call to you all day in pool, and they burn their rubbish and trees and smoke goes accross pool .

location is not patong - it is in kalim... few miles from patong centre !!!

for 100 condos there are only 6 sunbeds and nowhere to chill out

no toaster
cheap hard pillows
no phone
minimal kitchen a family couldnt cook or live in it.
cant watch tv in bed only in living room
expensive 40" tv and no cheap dvd player and nothing to watch
72 channels of bad freeview no premuim [no sky no star no espn no hbo movies etc, only 5 english language channels and nothing worth watching and bbc news is totally fuzzy]
kitchen sink with no hot water tap
shower isnt stable temperature and shower floods room left 2 inch pool of water
on first night had a few HUGE roaches in room had to kill them first [must be dirty]
obviously its a condo not a hotel so no facilities like poolside drinks or food/breakfast etc
air con is really nice units with massive mirrored lcd screen panels - but cant have on bedroom at night cos screens are so bright!!
drains/ bathroom stink of toilet smells

THIS ISNT PATONG , ITS KALIM . KALIM IS ROCKY BEACH NOT SAND

on all sides for as far as you can see they are laying foundations for about 10 huge new hotel blocks , a restaurant , workers houses , and other buildings. clearing and levvelling the grounds , concrete and steel cutting , banging scaffolding. tile cutting and angle grinders .

YOUR DESIGNER CONDO WILL BE ON A BUILDING SITE

HOLIDAY NITEMARE.

Date of stay: January 2011
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
7  Thank tharobster
Baycliff, ผู้อำนวยการฝ่ายขาย at The Bay Cliff, responded to this reviewResponded May 25, 2011

Dear Value Guest,

First of all, we would like to thank you for leaving the comment to us. Your comment is very helpful and we are taking seriously to solve all problem though.

Currently, the smell in the toilet has solved out by changing U tap to all units and completely treatment in our main Bioseptic tank which is caused the smell to our room. Unfortunately, the construction is still beside but we have the limited time in working hour and the heavy construction with noise is passed. The cleaness is our priority mission now.

However, we would like you to visit us again by offering 25% discount, please refer "Trip advisor review with your name" to my email patteera@thebaycliff or rental@thebaycliff.com. I hope you will give us a chance to serve you again as our Special guest.

Sincerely Yours,