See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed November 5, 2016 via mobile

I highly recommend Cheap Rooms Guesthouse / Boots and Saddle Bar as a place to stay when you visit Patong. The rooms are very clean, air-conditioned and serviced on a daily basis with 2x free bottles of water provided everyday. Rooms also include Free WiFi, Free Safe and a nice large fridge to store your drinks. I stayed in Room 14 which was a very nice spacious room with balcony overlooking the front which I enjoyed very much for relaxing and doing any work from laptop when I needed too.

This accommodation is perfectly located a very short distance from Bangla Road's nightlife just a 2mins walk away. However, once you visit the Boots and Saddle Bar on your doorstep; you won't want to go elsewhere with the happy bubbly staff who like chatting and playing games with you from Connect-4 to Domino's or Pool and Snooker.

The manager and owner; Nang and Michael are the most warm-welcoming and friendliest people ever who treat you like family from the day you arrive. They are always available at anytime for you in case of any emergency, if your unhappy with anything or need anything arranged from trips to airport-runs or things changed in your room from new light bulbs to more towels.

I had a very comfortable 18x nights stay and was very sad to leave after having such a great time. I would definitely book to stay here again when I come back again - roll on next year!

Date of stay: October 2016
Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed May 16, 2016 via mobile

It had very friendly staff. It was more comfortable than I thought. It was near the Bangla road and everythings. The rooms were clean and quite but the only negative things was Wifi. I think that I stay there when ever I'll come back to phuket.

Date of stay: May 2016
Trip type: Traveled with friends
michaelandnang, Owner at Cheap Rooms Guesthouse, responded to this reviewResponded May 31, 2016

Thank you very much for your feed back.
Our goal this year is to add another Wifi Access Point .

Reviewed May 16, 2016 via mobile

Very friendly and helpful staff , nice clean room and near to everything but WiFi isn't good. Bed was very comfortable . The location was perfect 2 minute walk to Bangla road . Good price and I come back to phuket I will booking again

Date of stay: May 2016
Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank Hamid S
Reviewed April 23, 2016

Just returned from my first stay in Thailand. i had room 6, one of the bungalows on the ground floor. All I wanted was somewhere to sleep, shower and put my clothes and thats what I got. All rooms have a free safe so my money etc was secure. The aircon was fine and there is a fridge and 2 bottles of water supplied free of charge everyday with clean towels and room made up.
This place is situated 5 mins walk from Bangla rd so you do hear the music late at night. It didn,t stop me sleeping though but a light sleeper would struggle .
I was made to feel welcome by all the staff, you feel part of the family. Many of the evenings the girls had a mini barbeque. Next door there is a restaurant serving good reasonably priced food and also closeby theres a launderette, as well as washing machines available on site.
If I have a criticism its that the furniture in my room needs upgrading .
If you want 5* luxury then don,t book here. If you want cheap, clean accomodation with friendly staff, close to the nightlife then this is perfect.
There is also free good quality wifi. The beach is a 15 min walk at the end of Bangla rd.

Date of stay: April 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank ian h
Reviewed April 18, 2016

I stayed in room 11 on the first floor.The room was large lots of space bigger than most hotel rooms. Ok the bathroom was basic but clean, shower needs updating but worked.The air conditioning unit in my room was new and worked a treat as the weather was very hot for the 2 weeks I stayed. Michael and Nang the owners made me feel very welcome, they have some lovely staff that are always friendly and did not mind cleaning my room when I was late up. Michael and Nang also have the bar Boot & Saddle which is part of the complex I had a good time playing pool with Nang and staff. I would not hesitate to recommend cheap rooms guesthouse for anyone that is looking for economy accommodation. Please be aware room 11 is near to the Black Crab Bar and can be noisy till the late hours. If you ask me will I stay again at Cheap Rooms Guesthouse then the answer is YES.

Steve Lawson (UK)

Date of stay: March 2016
Trip type: Traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank Stephen L