“Nice violin performance”

Scruffy Murphy's
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed May 2, 2013

I went there twice. The first time there's a live band and second time is an Irish style violin performance. I like the latter. The atmosphere is excellent and decent compared to other bars on pangla street. The alcohol is also great that I got drunk for the first time visit!!

There are newer reviews for Scruffy Murphy's

Reviewed April 8, 2013

The drinks are pretty reasonable food is good , dinners are the best. They have a band play at certain times, also the TV's are on for sports, staff very friendly and very clean place.

1  Thank lindarobinson123
Reviewed March 28, 2013

Excellent food & beverages & outstanding live acts (Red hot potatoes) a break from the bar & bar hassle culture - good value for money

Reviewed March 23, 2013

This is my fifth time to phuket and scruffy Murphys was always a 'to go' spot for me.... Fantastic location, friendly service, cold beer, awesome food.... The food is still incredibly good but Unfortunately now the service is average at best (compared to the bars around it) but still friendly... However the killer is that even though they advertise the coldest beer in phuket, it is barely cold enough to drink and all of my group left half beers on numerous occasions (we went 6 times over 2 weeks)

Reviewed March 18, 2013

My wife and I visited Patong when on holiday in Phuket and as it was St Patricks Day we went into Scruffy Murphys on the busy Bangla Road (a MUST visit place in Patong as it is buzzing...and mental!). Atmosphere was brilliant, my wife had fish and chips (massive portion sizes) and I had a chicken sandwich and fries - food was ok - nothing to really rave about - not too badly priced! An Irish band was playing while we were there and the place was really lively! Definitely a place to be visited for drinks and maybe a bite to eat before tackling the mayhem of Bangla Road! Even though it was busy there was still tables for eating and the service was really good! But on the whole a place for drinks more than to eat!